Keep2Share Promotion [Old]

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

genkiganger

Dec 10, 2008
keep2share: Files cloud-stored for 30 Days
Ok, I'll upload only one time here.

Uploaders must first create an account on Affilate website MoneyPlatform.biz
This is necessary?

Last edited:

tslvr170

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Uploaders must first create an account on Affilate website MoneyPlatform.biz
This is necessary?

yes. The upload functions are on MoneyPlatform.biz.

What is a right pain is that to get files there, only certain hosters are supported for remote uploads. Rapidgator is one which is not (it is on terafile.co though). Unfortunately terafile.co is not a supported remote download for k2s anymore. The mod got paranoid and blocked off other hosters. Maybe he wasn't getting close enough to the new ferrari.

if anyone knows how to get files from rapidgator to keep2share, please let me know....

colweb

Jade Collector
Uploader
Sep 2, 2010
Would like to know how to get files from Rapidgator to k2s and the other way around as well.

In the early days with Rapidshare, Hotfile, Deposit and so on it was always very easy, but nowadays its a PITA to get files from 1 hoster to another.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Hello,
For the owners of web sites and blogs.
We created new File host - Publish2.me

We pay for:
Sales: 55%
Auto renew: 50%
Web site sales: 10%

Good grief, yet another place being pushed by the K2S folks? Keep2Share, Fileboom, and now Publish2?

colweb

Jade Collector
Uploader
Sep 2, 2010
Good grief, yet another place being pushed by the K2S folks? Keep2Share, Fileboom, and now Publish2?

In this same thread I predicted this already. Now I'm wondering when they will tell us that extreme content isn't allowed on fboom and must go to publish2. And of course, you need to buy a new premium account for publish2. In December (but it might even be sooner) they will come with another place where you can upload your extreme files as by then extreme content isn't allowed anymore on publish2.

By the end of 2015 there are probably 6 or 7 maybe even 8 hosters that are all unusable except for the one that was launched last (as that is the only one where you can upload extreme content). Oh.. for all those you need to buy premium. But I guess you had already understood that.

GeffG

Apr 7, 2014
Publish2.me is private Filehost. Not for forums. We not want to see Publish2me on akiba.
(extreme content is stricly forbiden on this filehost)

Reactions: Casshern2

colweb

Jade Collector
Uploader
Sep 2, 2010
Publish2.me is private Filehost. Not for forums. We not want to see Publish2me on akiba.
(extreme content is stricly forbiden on this filehost)

Why are you launching so many domains for hosting files? K2s isn't for extreme content either. So what is publish2.me good for? Or in other words, why is it needed?

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Maybe this isn't the best place for me to have brought it up. I happened to notice it in the July promotions link on Moneyplatform. It did clearly say For the owners of web sites and blogs and Geff/Jeff says it isn't for forums. We should only be concerned with K2S and fileboom.

So, sorry I brought it up. Next issue!

colweb

Jade Collector
Uploader
Sep 2, 2010
Maybe this isn't the best place for me to have brought it up.....So, sorry I brought it up. Next issue!

I should have read that.

Anyway, the next issue (or actually still an issue): When will that 20 gig daily limit be replaced by something better (even 50 gig daily is already better).

And why is that 20 gig shared on both hosters (k2s and fboom). If you buy 1 premium account (k2) you get a 20 gig download limit and it remains 20 gig if you buy a second premium (fboom). That should at least be 40 gig. We pay twice then give us twice the daily limit!!

pocs

Multi-Terabytes Collector
Apr 8, 2010
keep2share, your ridiculous 20GB daily limit has finally marked the end of my multi-terabytes collection habit.
Thank you akiba for all the last three years effort to boost my collection from 4Tb to 100TB. I have finally given up on this shitty limit.

Officially retired, I am joining you itwins.

GeffG

Apr 7, 2014
And why is that 20 gig shared on both hosters (k2s and fboom). ==> it is not shared. For normal users it is 20 GB + 20 GB

_2old_

Love those pretty panties
Jun 29, 2010
This is sad news pocs. :( Your posts were one of the main reasons I joined Akiba-Online all those years ago.

_2old_

Love those pretty panties
Jun 29, 2010
And why is that 20 gig shared on both hosters (k2s and fboom). ==> it is not shared. For normal users it is 20 GB + 20 GB
Well, that's alright then isn't it? /sarcasm

A grand total of 40GB per day split over two hosts is not a solution. It's a joke.

colweb

Jade Collector
Uploader
Sep 2, 2010

I have premium on k2s and fboom and when I download 10 gig from for instance k2s my total remaining download is 10 gig. If I logon to fboom it shows 10 gig remaining while I only downloaded from k2s. So, that 20 gig is shared

And if it should go as you say, then please check your system(s) and repear the error!

Reactions: _2old_

pocs

Multi-Terabytes Collector
Apr 8, 2010
This is sad news pocs. :( Your posts were one of the main reasons I joined Akiba-Online all those years ago.
I will still finish my last batch of shinsyu collection to whoever request me. Once I am done, I will retired and stop accept requesting and gave up this crazy money hungry shit host. This 20GB is just stupid. Everyday we read tey ae trying the best to improve, nothing about daily limit has been solved. I was on a bussines trip and away for 3 days, My download queue piled up to 180GB, I bought 3 month premium few weeks ago and I don't think I can finish catching up with this shitty limit with everyday new HD movie is out.keep2shit should gives me back the 60GB which I didn't ultilise.

Akiba, tell me what's your monthly server cost, we should set up campaign to rise the fund for you instead.

Reactions: colweb and _2old_

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Akiba, tell me what's your monthly server cost, we should set up campaign to rise the fund for you instead.

we tried it once but paypal put a block on it

colweb

Jade Collector
Uploader
Sep 2, 2010
Where there is a will, there is always a way to do it. Just create a website with for instance a small forum to discuss life in Japan. Then ask "members" to pay lets say US$ 15 a month for access and use that money to finance Akiba.
And if many Akiba members become member of that new website, in others words, you make too much money, then you can use some of it for even better servers and reserve the rest. Of course, you could also lower the payment with US$ 5 or whatever.

Reactions: CoolKevin
Mar 28, 2008
Whoa colweb, calm down there buddy.

The quality of the content on akiba doesnt warrant a pay-to-access-this-site.

Many of the stuff uploaded goes dead after a few weeks.

Maybe if this was a site where everything uploaded never died or if people actually fulfilled every request to upload stuff. Then I could see a pay to access. That isnt the case, so simmer down.

coolkevin said akiba tried the paypal thing. I think there are other chip in tools besides paypal we can use, if that were an option.

colweb

Jade Collector
Uploader
Sep 2, 2010
I only suggested that it should be possible to use PayPal to raise money to finance Akiba. By using another website that nobody finds immoral or involved in something illegal PayPal couldn't object and therefore PayPal could be used.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
I'll understand that the file host partnership is one way of getting the money for AO. But I think it is less-than-ideal solution. If members - who are willing - are paying directly less people had to pay less for getting the same result.
Using another site which pays indirectly this site - that is also some kind of fishy solution. If I would be a member of that 2nd site I would feel totally mocked and wouldn't pay or donate for it at all.
In my opinion the only way is to have a method where you directly can donate for AO. PayPal doesn't work, but maybe something else will work in the future. Let's see... .

Status
Not open for further replies.