1. Throughout the month of Febrary, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 28th February, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

Top prize is $150!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Forum Rules and Regulations

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by chompy, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaqTaar

JaqTaar New Member

Personally I never access the forum via the homepage. I have saved the forum or thread links in my browser and go directly to those and I imagine almost everyone does it that way. So I never saw that thread.

Maybe you can install a pop-up for a certain time? Dunno if it's techically feasible, but how about one that appears the first couple of times you want to open a new thread?

PS:
    Concerning Rule 10 you should keep in mind that especially for new releases it is pretty common for two or more people to upload the same movie at the same time. Should the uploads that are completed and posted a little late go to waste?

PPS:
    It can also help to have links for the same file on the same hoster, what with the occasional deletions by the hosters.
  2. CoolKevin

CoolKevin Nutcase on the loose Staff Member Super Moderator

I have said before, it does not matter how big the letters are, (even if 1 metre high) most would not bother to read

regarding Rule 10 we are very well aware that is it possible to have 2 or more post at the same time, and I do not think we have deleted anybodies post that is close, if you have a problem, you can report it, accidents do happen, and I for 1 have reinstated a post thats been deleted

I hope the letters are big enough
  3. JaqTaar

JaqTaar New Member

I wasn't talking about myself, it was more of a theoretical issue that arose from reading just the actual rules and not all of the posts that may have explained them in further detail. ;)

Btw, if all link sets will be in one thread in the future, shouldn't the prefix feature for thread titles be canned or altered in some way?
  4. thedude06

thedude06 New Member

Can I post my blog in my signature?
  5. chompy

chompy slacker Staff Member Super Moderator Emperor

6. JaqTaar

JaqTaar New Member

Just saw something on Planetsuzy:
    Their latest (major) rule change is announced in a message at the top of the forum, that is displayed each time you access it and disappears when you move to the next page or another thread.

Should be possible here as well I think (same forum software). I don't know if it would help much, but I guess even a little bit more exposure would help.
  7. IncestJAV

IncestJAV KinShinSouKan JAV

Please specify if a title has already been posted on a particular filehost, can we post it on another filehost and also have the particular filehost links as mirrors?

For example:
    Someone has posted DV-1184 1674.48MB 2:19:43s AVI version on HotFile. Can I post it on FileSonic (which DV-1184 hasn't been post on) and also post hotfile links in my post as mirrors?
  8. elgringo14

elgringo14 Survived to Japan Super Moderator

You can post links only from a different filehost.
  9. ericbady

ericbady New Member

YO i am getting on a new forum!!!!very happy:gayprance:
  10. IncestJAV

IncestJAV KinShinSouKan JAV

Amount of people tried to use Multi-hosts to bypass the rule. I used to after them for a while. Now finally the Moderator can clear this is wrong.
  11. khikhicuoi

khikhicuoi New Member

(Rule 10) double-posting

Code:
    10. Do not double post. If a title has already been posted on a particular filehost, you may not re-post it on that same filehost. Always search the forum for the DVD code (i.e. "MIDD635" and "MIDD-635") before uploading a DVD rip or .ISO. Encodings of different sizes are exempt from this rule.
    One Movie is to post every 100 people, do not know how many people were Suspended (30d):study:
  12. chompy

chompy slacker Staff Member Super Moderator Emperor

Let me be clear.

We DON'T NEED reposts when there are working links already.

People ONLY do this to spam links to make money and it is not welcome here.
  13. tokyzo

tokyzo New Member

help: post link Fileserve, turbobit, keepfile???
    :study::study::study:
  14. redrooster

redrooster 赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです! Staff Member Super Moderator

fileserve is banned here, if you had taken a look at the rules you would already know that, and that´s a staff decision, so there is no basis for any discussion about it anymore!

Taka a look at the list of banned file hosters / picture hosters. Everything ment. in the banned part is banned here, elverything else not. At least not as long as staff found no reason to list it as banned.
  15. Tokizo

Tokizo New Member

ok. thanks ^^
  16. MrBeen

MrBeen New Member

Thanks, I'm a new Mem, I need to known this rule.
  17. redrooster

For all those people who post senseless "thank you", "read it", "got it" or similar posts in this thread. This thread is for rules discussion only, so you should only write a post if you have to add something important to the discussion. I am sick of deleting one or two posts of spam in this thread every day.

rule 1. Do not spam. Spamming is posting anything that is completely irrelevant to the thread or subforum.

Users still thinking that they can add spam to this thread will receive punishment ref. to rule 1!

Another two posts of this kind deleted today.
  18. redrooster

question already has been replied by chompy in "feedback and suggestions" - take a look there please.
  19. censored_jav

censored_jav Banned

hix, I known about rule 16, and I was made over 100 thread, but I forgot delete FS link in 2 thread ( I got a point before), so it cause my acc supspended.
    I don't do it on purpose, so I am very happy and give great thankful to Admin, MOD... if you reactive my account soon, I'll be careful.
  20. redrooster

Sorry guys...

as users kept spamming this thread with senselesss replies every day altough I had written a servere warning not to do so I decided to close this tread so that it is only possible for staff members to add new posts to this thread atm.

In case you´ve got a discussion point reg. the forum rules please post it in feedback and suggestions. Staff then will decide whether a post written there may be moved into this thread and discussions reopened.

Some trolls just like to play games, I don´t.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.