Forum Rules and Regulations

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I have said before, it does not matter how big the letters are, (even if 1 metre high) most would not bother to read

regarding Rule 10 we are very well aware that is it possible to have 2 or more post at the same time, and I do not think we have deleted anybodies post that is close, if you have a problem, you can report it, accidents do happen, and I for 1 have reinstated a post thats been deleted

I hope the letters are big enough

JaqTaar

Nov 5, 2008
I wasn't talking about myself, it was more of a theoretical issue that arose from reading just the actual rules and not all of the posts that may have explained them in further detail. ;)

Btw, if all link sets will be in one thread in the future, shouldn't the prefix feature for thread titles be canned or altered in some way?

JaqTaar

Nov 5, 2008
If you're making new rules maybe you should "advertise" them more openly, I don't think many people read in this subforum.
I have started an additional thread in the news section, just popping up when you come in via A-O homepage. I even thought about that in advance. Yet that thread has got 125 views only, so you can imagine how interested the people are reg. rule changes...

That thread is 30 hours old now...

Just saw something on Planetsuzy:
Their latest (major) rule change is announced in a message at the top of the forum, that is displayed each time you access it and disappears when you move to the next page or another thread.

Should be possible here as well I think (same forum software). I don't know if it would help much, but I guess even a little bit more exposure would help.

IncestJAV

KinShinSouKan JAV
Feb 17, 2010
  • 10. Do not double post. If a title has already been posted on a particular filehost, you may not re-post it on that same filehost. Always search the forum for the DVD code (i.e. "MIDD635" and "MIDD-635") before uploading a DVD rip or .ISO. Encodings of different sizes are exempt from this rule.

Please specify if a title has already been posted on a particular filehost, can we post it on another filehost and also have the particular filehost links as mirrors?

For example:
Someone has posted DV-1184 1674.48MB 2:19:43s AVI version on HotFile. Can I post it on FileSonic (which DV-1184 hasn't been post on) and also post hotfile links in my post as mirrors?

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
Please specify if a title has already been posted on a particular filehost, can we post it on another filehost and also have the particular filehost links as mirrors?

For example:
Someone has posted DV-1184 1674.48MB 2:19:43s AVI version on HotFile. Can I post it on FileSonic (which DV-1184 hasn't been post on) and also post hotfile links in my post as mirrors?

You can post links only from a different filehost.

khikhicuoi

Jul 6, 2008
(Rule 10) double-posting

Code:
10. Do not double post. If a title has already been posted on a particular filehost, you may not re-post it on that same filehost. Always search the forum for the DVD code (i.e. "MIDD635" and "MIDD-635") before uploading a DVD rip or .ISO. Encodings of different sizes are exempt from this rule.

One Movie is to post every 100 people, do not know how many people were Suspended (30d):study:

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Let me be clear.

We DON'T NEED reposts when there are working links already.

People ONLY do this to spam links to make money and it is not welcome here.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
help: post link Fileserve, turbobit, keepfile???
:study::study::study:

fileserve is banned here, if you had taken a look at the rules you would already know that, and that´s a staff decision, so there is no basis for any discussion about it anymore!

Taka a look at the list of banned file hosters / picture hosters. Everything ment. in the banned part is banned here, elverything else not. At least not as long as staff found no reason to list it as banned.

Tokizo

Oct 18, 2009
fileserve is banned here, if you had taken a look at the rules you would already know that, and that´s a staff decision, so there is no basis for any discussion about it anymore!

Taka a look at the list of banned file hosters / picture hosters. Everything ment. in the banned part is banned here, elverything else not. At least not as long as staff found no reason to list it as banned.
ok. thanks ^^

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
For all those people who post senseless "thank you", "read it", "got it" or similar posts in this thread. This thread is for rules discussion only, so you should only write a post if you have to add something important to the discussion. I am sick of deleting one or two posts of spam in this thread every day.

rule 1. Do not spam. Spamming is posting anything that is completely irrelevant to the thread or subforum.

Users still thinking that they can add spam to this thread will receive punishment ref. to rule 1!

Another two posts of this kind deleted today.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
Is linking to another site in your sig (sig advertising) allowed?

question already has been replied by chompy in "feedback and suggestions" - take a look there please.

censored_jav

Banned
Aug 25, 2010
hix, I known about rule 16, and I was made over 100 thread, but I forgot delete FS link in 2 thread ( I got a point before), so it cause my acc supspended.
I don't do it on purpose, so I am very happy and give great thankful to Admin, MOD... if you reactive my account soon, I'll be careful.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
Sorry guys...

as users kept spamming this thread with senselesss replies every day altough I had written a servere warning not to do so I decided to close this tread so that it is only possible for staff members to add new posts to this thread atm.

In case you´ve got a discussion point reg. the forum rules please post it in feedback and suggestions. Staff then will decide whether a post written there may be moved into this thread and discussions reopened.

Some trolls just like to play games, I don´t.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
Double-posting rule has been updated. We have a new usergroup, "Exclusive Uploaders". They have Blue usernames and are labelled "Exclusive Uploader" (example.) Users that buy and rip their own videos can become part of this group by asking a staff member.

Any re-posting of their videos is forbidden, no matter what filehost is used. That's why it's called "Exclusive".

Status
Not open for further replies.