Forum Rules and Regulations

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
this is double posting and that´s what we do not want - 10 times the same video posted in 24 hours...

and that´s why rule 10 is becoming so important atm...

attachment.php

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
New rule!

• 6. When posting DVD rips, you must include the DVD code(s). Either in the thread title (preferred) or the post body.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
Modified rule!
  • 10. Do not double post. If a title has already been posted on a particular filehost, you may not re-post it on that same filehost. [highlight]Always search the forum for the DVD code[/highlight] (i.e. "MIDD635" and "MIDD-635") before uploading a DVD rip or .ISO.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
If any of the posters would be willing or kind enough to add the DVD code to any of their old posts this would be a huge help to others and would help prevent any unintentional double posting. Being a good member is caring as well as sharing, (okay, maybe that is over the top a little but you get my drift). This is all being done to make this a better forum to be a part of and that requires everyones' assistance.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
Indeed, mega bonus points for any content uploaders that want to go back and edit their posts.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
New rule!

• 6. When posting DVD rips, you must include the DVD code(s). Either in the thread title (preferred) or the post body.

I guess this rule is meant for the JAV sections mainly. I don't see how this can be applied to other sections (anime in particular, maybe hentai can use it since most uploads are based on single DVD releases).

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
If any of the posters would be willing or kind enough to add the DVD code to any of their old posts this would be a huge help to others and would help prevent any unintentional double posting. Being a good member is caring as well as sharing, (okay, maybe that is over the top a little but you get my drift). This is all being done to make this a better forum to be a part of and that requires everyones' assistance.

that´s why I only give warning atm, hoping uploaders go back to re-edit the threads at least they have got a warning for.

In case they add more threads missing the DVD-code although they received a warning already the threads are gonna be deleted without further notice. Many new threads of today include the number already though.

I think in the hentai section it is not necessary as the amount of double posts rather is small, the DVD No. is avilable for all new releases in the new releases threads though as mostly all new covers are posted there completely.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I can not answer for Rollyco, I would not even try. We are very different in many ways and often find room to disagree on some subjects. Yet I know we both care about this forum. And I can answer for my actions.

Let me ask you something. Why is 20 posts of one video here acceptable to you? Who would share or post a video without checking to see if it has been shared? Why would a member do that? Why would they not even care? Why would a member create multiple threads on one video? Surely collectors who share here are well aware of what a DVD Code is and how to use the search button. How about members that have one original share out of every five or ten that they post? I am not even talking about mirrors here, I am talking posting on the same filehoster that another member had done so previously and whose links are still active. I have seen members who have done this time and time again in Thousands of posts. This is spamming pure and simple, and that rule has been here for awhile. Calling it a Double Post is just putting a clear label on it for all to see. This behavior is not beneficial to our members or Akiba-Online. It is going to stop.

I suggest members here clean up their own house. You can delete your old double posts using the Edit button. So can I. If I do it and it is an older post you will probably get a warning. You might not.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
you modified this rule at june 6 2010
why the other mods keep on searching the topic before the rules modified or made
that make my real ID get too many warning and now get suspended 30 day
Posts prior to the June 6th 2010 date should not receive infractions for violating a rule that did not exist at the time.

However, there's nothing stopping staff from editing or deleting those old threads and posts. Content uploaders would save us all a lot of time and make the board a better place if they went back and edited their posts to comply with the new rule.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
my post which is older than june 6 2010 are deleted and you give me infraction
If that's really the case, the infraction should be reversed, but the post can remain deleted.

but someone post which is younger than june 6 2010 still alive
That's because we missed it; there are too many rule violations for our staff to handle.

If you find a post that violates a rule, use the
report.gif
report button to call it to our attention.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
I reversed the last two infractions, because they were posted before the rule change. In any case, it doesn't change the fact that you got suspended for rule #19 (that is #18 in the infraction list, ooops).

By the way rule #18 here is considered are #13 in the infraction list (together the real rule #13 about western material).

To make things clear these changes should be done:

(Rule 13) posting material from the "Do not upload list" -> (Rule 18) posting material from the "Do not upload list"
(Rule 18) ignoring a staff member -> (Rule 19) ignoring a staff member

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
normally an "ignoring a staff member" infraction or warning is given it just means that you have been told to stop doing something or not to repeat doing something yet you did.

for ex: you have been told to add details to your threads like file size and format but you continue to start new threads without these details - that´s ignoring an order and so ignoring an order by a staff member and so ignoring the authority of a staff member.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Of course he has made the stupidity to upload stuff with his second account...
These guys only learn by punches and kicks. :sadomaso:

That is what spammers do and how spammers act. I am not surprised in the least.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Attention:

Please include file size and format in your post descriptions. Do not expect me to guess on this as I will probably assume incorrectly.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
ref. to Ceewan´s post above I went ahead and edited rule 15, new text is:

----------------

15. For new torrent or download threads, always provide a description or image preview. Threads / posts must contain the file size in MB/GB and the file format (AVI, MKV, OGM, RMVB, FLV, MPG, MP4, RAR, ZIP, JPG, BMP, GIF etc.) as well.

----------------

Now there will be a better basis in advance for your double post check ment. in rule 10 BEFORE starting a new thread or post...

part of rule 10:
Always search the forum for the DVD code (i.e. "MIDD635" and "MIDD-635") before uploading a DVD rip or .ISO. Encodings of different sizes are exempt from this rule.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
"Yes" to the first question, (read my signature again) and "that would be great" to the second question.

Ideally all posts of one title would be together in one thread. That is not a rule though. Yet having a seperate thread for each mirror of a title makes little practical sense, IMO. This obscures every posters share of this title, it is harder for our members, our visitors, and the staff. So please feel free to add mirrors to an existing thread.

JaqTaar

Nov 5, 2008
I have to say I only came by here since I was (pleasantly) surprised to see the page count in the JAV Download section not going up anymore or going down a couple of times and was curious about it. If you're making new rules maybe you should "advertise" them more openly, I don't think many people read in this subforum.
That might also prevent what I've encountered several times in the past, though I don't remember if it was also on A-O. Some thread starters have scolded me for posting alternate link sets and wanted to keep their threads "clean".

People should be made aware of such rule changes. Or maybe it is being made aware of and I've just not yet noticed it?

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
If you're making new rules maybe you should "advertise" them more openly, I don't think many people read in this subforum.

I have started an additional thread in the news section, just popping up when you come in via A-O homepage. I even thought about that in advance. Yet that thread has got 125 views only, so you can imagine how interested the people are reg. rule changes...

That thread is 30 hours old now...

JaqTaar

Nov 5, 2008
Personally I never access the forum via the homepage. I have saved the forum or thread links in my browser and go directly to those and I imagine almost everyone does it that way. So I never saw that thread.

Maybe you can install a pop-up for a certain time? Dunno if it's techically feasible, but how about one that appears the first couple of times you want to open a new thread?

PS:
Concerning Rule 10 you should keep in mind that especially for new releases it is pretty common for two or more people to upload the same movie at the same time. Should the uploads that are completed and posted a little late go to waste?

PPS:
It can also help to have links for the same file on the same hoster, what with the occasional deletions by the hosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.