Ryushare Promotion (suspended)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xandor

Akiba Citizen
May 14, 2009
I don't think ryushare will be big like it was before.

Reasons:
1. They had trouble with the police, some uploaders will not trust them now.
2. No files exists on ryushare now, so everyone have to start over. Most people have switched to alternative hosts and probably won't switch back.
3. With 1 year premium for free for everyone with a ryushare account (no matter if they was premium before or not) will make it almost impossible to earn any money with ryushare for uploaders. So anyone that wants money for uploading (both if it is main reason or just a bonus) will probably upload to some other host.

Also considering AO get ~10% of price of each premium sale (website sale) they probably would prefer not to choose a host that won't sell any premium accounts for a years time. Siding with ryushare again would probably be a bad move for AO (less money) and bad for uploaders (less money) and so-so for downloaders (a lot would have free premium, but might reduce amount of uploaders).

italianbrute

Mar 28, 2009
I don't think ryushare will be big like it was before.

Also considering AO get ~10% of price of each premium sale (website sale) they probably would prefer not to choose a host that won't sell any premium accounts for a years time. Siding with ryushare again would probably be a bad move for AO (less money) and bad for uploaders (less money) and so-so for downloaders (a lot would have free premium, but might reduce amount of uploaders).

I think it'd be the opposite, going back to ryushare would be a good move. Or at the very least include them as an alternative required host. People are now just beginning to discover that you need premium accounts at both K2S AND Fileboom.me to access all content on this site, and even more accounts if you download more than 20GB a day.

zero187

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2010
That's why it's more lucrative for AO to stick with K2S, sales from K2S+FB.
I don't think there will be any changes made soon.

Let's be honest: who trusts RS after the raid...who knows who's running it.

Last edited by a moderator:

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
we do not get any percentage from sales, not from ryushare or keep2share, it is/was a set monthly fee, to cover the costs of the server

Xandor

Akiba Citizen
May 14, 2009
coolkevin, why don't you make a account on the sites so you get website sales aswell.
Feels like a "waste" not to get the website sales, I get $1.3 for website sales, always a bonus.

Not sure how many accounts get sold a day on AO, but should probably be 30-100 or something like that, so might be over $2000 in website sales per month, no reason not to get it I think.
Even if no profit is intended, it could be used for hardware upgrades / additional server to help during the peak hours and maybe to save it to help if cash gets low to help pay for server.

Reactions: 1 person

italianbrute

Mar 28, 2009
Let's be honest: who trusts RS after the raid...who knows who's running it.

Lol, like as if we know real information about any other file hoster? There's a reason most of these sites operate in obscurity. None of these sites manage their own paygate systems, and use 3rd party ones, some that just look downright scary. Some of the resellers for keep2share have websites that look like they were designed by a 10 year old. Face it, buying any account from any hoster you are taking a gamble, regardless of who owns the site because it's the payment systems that are the problem.

Reactions: 2 people

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
This is the affect of driving filesharing underground....shady sites will pop up. There was a time when Visa and Mastercard were helpful signs of a site in good repute but those paygates as well as good advertisers have been forced to abandon filesharing sites by the might of the MPAA, RIAA and their lapdogs. This is just a sign of the times and we all must trudge through the mud together to find our way. If their wasn't a huge demand for it these sites wouldn't keep popping up like weeds. The voice of the people are not easily silenced.

Reactions: 1 person

zero187

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2010
Well, you've got a point there italianbrute.
As for me, I'm not touching RyuShare anymore...oh and I don't trust any filehost either, but some I trust even less than others, so K2S > RS.

Status
Not open for further replies.