Keep2Share Promotion [Old]

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
The goal is also to have a common host for all files, not just raise money.

Before, everyone were using different host and people kept complaining that they had to buy multiple premium accounts. Every solution bring their own set of problems.

Reactions: CoolKevin

GeffG

Apr 7, 2014
I have premium on k2s and fboom and when I download 10 gig from for instance k2s my total remaining download is 10 gig. If I logon to fboom it shows 10 gig remaining while I only downloaded from k2s. So, that 20 gig is shared

And if it should go as you say, then please check your system(s) and repear the error!
Your account is splited because you are uploader.
Normal users not have this problem.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
So you're saying that we can't both download and upload without being penalized by having half the bandwidth we paid for?

colweb

Jade Collector
Uploader
Sep 2, 2010
The goal is also to have a common host for all files, not just raise money.

Before, everyone were using different host and people kept complaining that they had to buy multiple premium accounts. Every solution bring their own set of problems.

Well, you could make it so that paying members have access to premium forums and in those premium forums only Rapidgator or Filepost or Whatever is allowed. At least with paying members Akiba doesn't depend anymore on sponsoring from 1 specific file host.

Reactions: gg_aa_gg

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
You pay for keep2share.cc so you can download every day 20 gb from k2s.

But what if you pay for K2s and Fboom and are also an uploader? do you have 20GB for K2S and another 20GB for Fboom or is the 2 linked because you're an uploader and are limited to 20GB combined?
colweb seem to say he only gets 20GB combined and not the 40(20 for each) he's supposed to get.

Well, you could make it so that paying members have access to premium forums and in those premium forums only Rapidgator or Filepost or Whatever is allowed. At least with paying members Akiba doesn't depend anymore on sponsoring from 1 specific file host.
You're still stuck having to find a single host for the premium site. You would probably have more choice though since you don't have to convince them to pay you. You just need enough members that are willing to consistently pay to have access to the forum when so much is already available for free elsewhere.

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
Where there is a will, there is always a way to do it. Just create a website with for instance a small forum to discuss life in Japan. Then ask "members" to pay lets say US$ 15 a month for access and use that money to finance Akiba.
And if many Akiba members become member of that new website, in others words, you make too much money, then you can use some of it for even better servers and reserve the rest. Of course, you could also lower the payment with US$ 5 or whatever.
unfortionately it's not possible.
as soon as paypal get to know, that the other site has s.th. to do with akiba, they will block the accounts.
The same happend to the paypal-accounts from world-of-hentai even though we never mentioned them in any way and used an own url etc.

Paying for any access is shit. since that what @SamKook says.
The only affordable thing is really collect donations. though that's fairy difficult.
on WoH we have tried using bitcoin etc. But we are to small to get s.th. working.

Akiba isn't that cheap, but has lot's of users.
perhaps it's a not so bad idea to sell advertising space. (Counting the size of akiba, there could be some really interesting rates on some websites, even though it's adult. )

GeffG

Apr 7, 2014
But what if you pay for K2s and Fboom and are also an uploader? do you have 20GB for K2S and another 20GB for Fboom or is the 2 linked because you're an uploader and are limited to 20GB combined?
colweb seem to say he only gets 20GB combined and not the 40(20 for each) he's supposed to get.
Uploaders have combinated. (downloader can get premium with 50% discount or even free if they have Advanced status)
Downloaders have separated. (they need two premium accounts)

italianbrute

Mar 28, 2009
Like the others, I am done with this hoster.

Being forced to buy two different accounts, low daily limit, forced to buy from other hosters because even fileboom now restricts content, dead links way too fast.
These are crap policies that are the exact same from when Akiba changed over to them, I don't see how GeffG is trying to work with us.

pocs

Multi-Terabytes Collector
Apr 8, 2010
Please tell me I can finish this before my 3 month premium expired.....
I have 3 PC, 3 Internet line, 3 k2c account. With everyday HD and ISO is out. Each PC is schedule to donwload at least 100GB a day.

Reactions: Ace69

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
A. I like your Keep2Shit folder. That made me LOL when I spotted it.
B. I use Team Viewer! I like it. Basic and does what I need it to do. I use my older Android tablet (Viewsonic G-Table) to get to my PC.
C. I noticed on your GCSASGL box you're grabbing DJNQ-01.mkv. If you're grabbing that from here or maybe JAVLibrary...well, doesn't matter where. That single MKV file might have been made available after my post here (http://akiba-online.com/index.php?threads/djnq-01-erotic-mature-woman-panty-special-1.1342336/). I like that others get to enjoy the Premiere Titles. Some of them get mirrored pretty quick but that's okay.

D. I hope you get to finish your downloads.

And what is "shaving" when talking about hosters and uploaders? I've seen that on another forum that seems to be almost like an unofficial hub for Keep2Share and a bunch of seemingly full-time uploaders.

pocs

Apr 8, 2010
Shaving mean that the hosted purposely reduce the number of count when downloader renew or buy a premium. Uploader is the one affected. Which mean they are making more business when people renew but uploader counter has been shave and never get anything in return

Last edited:
Reactions: Casshern2

shakespeer

Oct 3, 2007
Alas my friends
This is the last day of my keep2share premium. As I already said earlier in this thread (#200) if the 20 gig max download stays on I'll not renew my subscription. It's a pity, liking akiba, and its one requires link policy, a lot. Thanks for all the uploads guys. And also the admins (chompy?), they will have their reasons to work with k2s.
Didn't get an answer on the question of why a max of 20 gig and still wondering. My new subscription will probably be rapidgator, so I'll be around and "liking" the uploaders with also an rapidgator link. Thanks already

bye, shakespeer

Reactions: Ace69 and _2old_

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Alas my friends
This is the last day of my keep2share premium. As I already said earlier in this thread (#200) if the 20 gig max download stays on I'll not renew my subscription. It's a pity, liking akiba, and its one requires link policy, a lot. Thanks for all the uploads guys. And also the admins (chompy?), they will have their reasons to work with k2s.
Didn't get an answer on the question of why a max of 20 gig and still wondering. My new subscription will probably be rapidgator, so I'll be around and "liking" the uploaders with also an rapidgator link. Thanks already

bye, shakespeer

At least you'll be able to stick around for the mirrored posts. The K2S requirement is merely for the first upload of a title. As you say you can take advantage of the mirrors that seem to be plentiful. Heck, even the first posts usually include K2S and mirrors at once. (except mine, I only have k2s...so you've got me there...)

Reactions: shakespeer

pocs

Apr 8, 2010
One problem is also the CRC error, almost all the k2c file I download have CRC error. I redownload using uploadable.ch and no problem for that part. keep2shit fix your damn host man.

Reactions: italianbrute

italianbrute

Mar 28, 2009
One problem is also the CRC error, almost all the k2c file I download have CRC error. I redownload using uploadable.ch and no problem for that part. keep2shit fix your damn host man.

That's the other thing, I get a ton of CRC errors as well. I sometimes get it on other hosts but not to this level.

pocs

Apr 8, 2010
Mine looks like this
Almost 60GB of file downloaded but with CRC error

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
It's the first time it happened(I guess I'm not downloading enough), but I also got the same problem when I tried to extract something today.
This is quite disappointing.
k2s_crc_errors.jpg

myth20

May 17, 2011
Please advise guys.. Trying to buy keep2share premium with a prepaid debit. The request keeps denying me. thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.