Keep2Share Promotion [Old]

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hawtdawg

Jul 19, 2010
I've tried and failed to download about ten different files from keep2share over the past week, and every time I get the same message: 401 Unauthorized: Temp URL invalid.

GeffG

Apr 7, 2014
Good news for Free downloaders and uploaders.
We increase double "max free file size". Now it can be up to 2048 MB.

Uploaders can manage max free file size for Keep2share and FileBoom here: Prodile => Main settings

_2old_

Love those pretty panties
Jun 29, 2010
Still enforcing the 20gb per day cap on premium downloads?

Reactions: 1 person

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007

pocs

Multi-Terabytes Collector
Apr 8, 2010
After my keep2share premium expired. I didn't renew. Recently I try to access their website. My IP was banned?
I thought I hate you, but because i didn't renew your premium, you banned me? what a joke? It is great that I didn't buy a long term preimum with this jerk.

GeffG

Apr 7, 2014
Hi, we not banning nobody bacause of they not upgrade their premium.
was same mistake and some ip get banned. now all of IP unbanned whicg het banned by mistake. So you can login to your account and continue to use.

_2old_

Love those pretty panties
Jun 29, 2010
I'm still waiting for the official word on a few issues. Most of these relate only to the downloaders experience:

1: 'Download all you want with a keep2share account' - A nice idea, but as a downloader I will need both k2s and fboom accounts due to the hosting restrictions mentioned by GeffG elsewhere in this thread.

How is this helping anybody except the keep2share guys?
What is the official word on this from Akiba staff?

2: Download cap - Is it still 20gb a day and if so, why? Speaking personally I can download 20gb in about 20 minutes.

What is the official word on this from GeffG?

Compared to the old system using Ryushare this set up is a mess. Using the old system required one premium downloader account through a host whose daily limit I never managed to exceed. The new system requires two premium download accounts which would give a total of 40gb per day.

Finally, a quick thank you to all uploaders who use a decent filehost for mirrors, you guys will be the ones getting my money for the time being.

Last edited:
Reactions: shakespeer

genkiganger

Dec 10, 2008
The Keep2Share rule is very exigent. I haven't a good bandwidth to reupload in two servers the same stuff.
I'm still waiting for the official word on a few issues. Most of these relate only to the downloaders experience:

1: 'Download all you want with a keep2share account' - A nice idea, but as a downloader I will need both k2s and fboom accounts due to the hosting restrictions mentioned by GeffG elsewhere in this thread.

How is this helping anybody except the keep2share guys?

2: Download cap - Is it still 20gb a day and if so, why? Speaking personally I can download 20gb in about 20 minutes.

What is the official word on this from GeffG?

Compared to the old system using Ryushare this set up is a mess. Using the old system required one premium downloader account through a host whose daily limit I never managed to exceed. The new system requires two premium download accounts which would give a total of 40gb per day.

Finally, a quick thank you to all uploaders who use a decent filehost for mirrors, you guys will be the ones getting my money for the time being.
to upload we need pay an account too?

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Reactions: CoolKevin

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
They respond to automated dmca notice from bots unlike ryushare, that's why the links die faster.

If you want them not to die, use some kind of link protecting website like safelink.strike-up.net , I do and my links stay online.

genkiganger

Dec 10, 2008
They respond to automated dmca notice from bots unlike ryushare, that's why the links die faster.

If you want them not to die, use some kind of link protecting website like safelink.strike-up.net , I do and my links stay online.
To protect links can use bbcode [hide][/hide] with this only members can see, no more. But this code works here?
I think that akiba discourages the uploaders... maybe is best wait that this stupid rule change.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
To protect links can use bbcode [hide][/hide] with this only members can see, no more. But this code works here?
I think that akiba discourages the uploaders... maybe is best wait that this stupid rule change.

That's not a standard option on the forum software so no, it doesn't work here.

Without that stupid rule as you call it, there wouldn't be any forum since they wouldn't have the money to maintain it.
They are still working on getting things better though as far as I know so.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007

try {SPOILER] [/SPOILER]

click below for goodies
surprise surprise

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
try {SPOILER] [/SPOILER]

click below for goodies
surprise surprise

I don't think the spoiler tag will work to hide the links from robots since I can see the content when I'm not logged in.

Reactions: CoolKevin

genkiganger

Dec 10, 2008
That's not a standard option on the forum software so no, it doesn't work here.

Without that stupid rule as you call it, there wouldn't be any forum since they wouldn't have the money to maintain it.
They are still working on getting things better though as far as I know so.
Yeah, I know that. My bad to call stupid. But anyway is very exigent as I said at the beginning. I really want share some stuff here but with this condition is complicated. I want be really sure if I'll upload 5, 10, 50GB... or a lot more D:
I use MEGA :) ... this is very good server.
try {SPOILER] [/SPOILER]

click below for goodies
surprise surprise
lol surprise. No I think that this will not work. I used [hide][/hide] in other forums and works for now.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I'm not sure what you find so exigent about it, you only have to upload to a specific host. It does require more bandwidth if you also want to add another if you don't use some kind of remote server to upload, but that's not so bad, I uploaded to 2 hosts for a while at only 80KBs(but I am far happier not that I'm at 1.3MBs).
The goal of the rule is that people only have to buy 1 premium account and that they are assured to have a link for it on everything they want to get.
You don't have to use 2 host, you could stick to k2s/fboom(unless you also post your stuff elsewhere I guess, then people wouldn't like you very much).

It's a great advantage for the downloader, but there are issues(requiring 2 hosts and having a daily cap that low) that remains to be fixed with the current deal.

pocs

Multi-Terabytes Collector
Apr 8, 2010
The daily limit is just way too low for all the HD now.
Also a new problem arise, jdownloader can't download keep2share link now...

Status
Not open for further replies.