SubyShare Promotion [Ended]

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Somehow I don't understand this. Did they say they offer uploads via FTP? Or maybe I read something wrong. But if it is the case you surely can automate your uploads. :)

I can(and do) automate the part where I upload the files since they indeed offer FTP support now, but not the part where I grab the links, protect them with safelinks and add them to my .txt file that contains my post.

The site use javascript everywhere and curl doesn't support it so I can't grab the data from the my files page and they don't offer an API like keep2share or bitshare do to access the links from your account.

Reactions: CoolKevin

colweb

Jade Collector
Uploader
Sep 2, 2010
I cannot believe suddenly keep2share was so good judging by the above comments, everyday I kept getting messages about how bad k2s is,

we only change sponsors, when the previous one drops out, we hope subyshare is a long term sponsor

Don't get me wrong. I didn't like k2s/fboom either, but when you change sponsors we all hope it will be better. Currently it seems Subyshare isn't any better and maybe even worst then what we had.
But what I find most annoying is that Akiba dumps a host without a transition period. Give us 3 months where we are still allowed to post k2s/fboom links. I'm probably not the only one who uploaded already many files to fboom that I can't post here anymore.

Reactions: gg_aa_gg

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
But what I find most annoying is that Akiba dumps a host without a transition period. Give us 3 months where we are still allowed to post k2s/fboom links.

as I already stated, WE DID NOT DUMP any sponsor, they no longer sponsored us, we did not know either,

and who said you cannot post mirrors, any mirrors

Reactions: HeavyNosebleed

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
K2S is in trouble. Credit Card kind of trouble. So they have other things to worry about besides helping us. I'm sure they dropped a lot of commitments besides to this board.

dwnldingDaikaiju

Jan 21, 2008
I've bought premium accounts from the Rapidshare days all the way through to the (temporary) death of RYUshare. Even if a definite solid host is being used, I really don't have the motivation to buy a premium account because of the JI download format. It was bad enough that with the new format I had to click and scroll for every post, but now I have to scroll to the bottom, choose "Sort threads by thread creation time" (every single time), click on the differently colored links, and see that half of them are posts I've already seen. There is no difference in link color between unseen posts and posts with new comments.

Now that every comment in a post can have a thumbnail sized image with it, it seems every ddl post could have a thumbnail of the boxcover.

Last edited:

bpx

Sep 19, 2009
The payment options are a bit poor...only focused on credit cards. Why no PayPal? At least one of their resellers, vip-keys.com, offers one option I can actually use. Are they trustworthy? Has anyone tried them?

philipsr

Akiba Citizen
Aug 13, 2010
Subyshare may not be successful on Akiba-online because it has too many mirror file hosting links, least 15 mirror links per a new thread.
Akiba-online should issue a new rule which limit file hosting sites allowed (e.g. allow only for Subyshare, Ryushare, Uploadable, Rapidgator), or Subyshare is no longer successful on Akiba-online like Keep2Share and say good bye at the end.

TheDuke07

Jan 15, 2009
Limiting hosts for a mirrors is an awful idea unless that host is a pure sham(hard to even tell these days with 2gb per day and shit speeds for free users). Demanding one host be used before mirrors (no matter how awful it is) is enough. Let people use whatever awful mirrors they want just give them no traffic and they'll catch on if they're chasing a buck.

TheDuke07

Jan 15, 2009
The payment options are a bit poor...only focused on credit cards. Why no PayPal? At least one of their resellers, vip-keys.com, offers one option I can actually use. Are they trustworthy? Has anyone tried them?
Few take paypal since paypal doesn't even allow the selling of filelocker accounts. Most I've gotten were from emailing a resell site but I haven't brought anything in a few months.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
The goal of AO saying use X fileservice is that a downloader only has to buy 1 premium account and then they can download everything at decent speed.
It's a much better option than the free for all from before where almost every poster were using different host.
It can be annoying for uploaders to use a specific service(I know since I am annoyed right now), but it's a lot better for downloaders.

The JAV downloads section is the biggest of the forum, followed by hentai so I doubt most of the traffic comes from JI.
Also, loli aren't banned anymore, it was only temporary until they found some place where they could host the servers that would accept loli.

What you can get here that you can't(at least not nearly as well) on blogs and the likes is a great and well established community of people helping each others. The forum has many sections that aren't just for downloading and people can easily talk to each other.

bpx

Sep 19, 2009
The goal of AO saying use X fileservice is that a downloader only has to buy 1 premium account and then they can download everything at decent speed.
No it's not. While coolkevin liked your post I don't think this part of your statement is true. Having a deal with a certain hoster pays, at least to some amount, for the costs of the server and all that. If they wanted convenience we would all just use file attachments, zippyshare or mega. And torrents, without a 7 days rule.

So nobody has expierence with that vip-keys reseller? They seem kind of fishy and I read a few bad reviews.

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
This host change is also a giant pain in my ass since I can't automate my uploads with it, but I'm sure it couldn't be helped.
well, they are using xFilesharing Pro.
afaik it has a small api in the base system.
if you google, you will be able to find a php-upload-script which uses this api vor xfilesharing-script hosted on googlecode (if i remember it right)
there you can see the usage of the api, since i haven't found a documentation now (and i'm to lazy to search :D)

No it's not. While coolkevin liked your post I don't think this part of your statement is true. Having a deal with a certain hoster pays, at least to some amount, for the costs of the server and all that. If they wanted convenience we would all just use file attachments, zippyshare or mega. And torrents, without a 7 days rule.
not my business, but using only attachments will probably blast our storage capacity :D

So nobody has expierence with that vip-keys reseller? They seem kind of fishy and I read a few bad reviews.
same here. They are around for a few years yet, but i haven't really heard s.th. good from then.
perhaps @sbadmin could help here?

As for the change in the registered section: yes! nice one - Thanks!

Reactions: CoolKevin and bpx

sbadmin

Sep 3, 2014
Hello ,
@To bpx : they dont allow, if they do ,we are all happy.
@So nobody has expierence with that vip-keys reseller? They seem kind of fishy and I read a few bad reviews.

This reseller is trust ,I've not received any complaint about him ,If anyone got any troubles with any resellers ,feel free to contact me .
Please make a payment with anyone you trust ,I will try to make more payment options soon.let try!

@To philipsr : I dont want to and wont ask to force anyone must use my service ,if they like ,let try first.

@To samkook : Im talking about your suggestions with my technicians now and I hope they can solve it soon.

Regards,

Reactions: CoolKevin and bpx

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
It's not the only reason, but it's up there. Paying part of the server cost is also one of the reason.
Attachments would eat all the storage space on the servers pretty fast as C00Lzero said and also bring more legal trouble and zippyshare and mega are a pain to upload to, like megaupload was, which is why I don't use them even though they're great for downloaders.

well, they are using xFilesharing Pro.
afaik it has a small api in the base system.
if you google, you will be able to find a php-upload-script which uses this api vor xfilesharing-script hosted on googlecode (if i remember it right)
there you can see the usage of the api, since i haven't found a documentation now (and i'm to lazy to search :D)
Thanks, I'll look into that. I seem to remember there were only scripts to upload file to it, not grab links, but I may be wrong since I didn't look that much into it last time(and it's been a while).

@To samkook : Im talking about your suggestions with my technicians now and I hope they can solve it soon.
Thanks, hopefully they'll be able to do something about it.

Last edited:

colweb

Jade Collector
Uploader
Sep 2, 2010
It can be annoying for uploaders to use a specific service(I know since I am annoyed right now), but it's a lot better for downloaders.

Annoyed uploaders usually don't stay annoyed very long.... they just stop uploading. And that is bad not only for those who want to download but also for the forum as a whole.
So, using a specific service that isn't good for uploaders isn't a good service at all!!

Reactions: gg_aa_gg

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007

some parts of that statement was to a response of a post that was deleted because of unnecessary bs that keeps being spouted,

Annoyed uploaders usually don't stay annoyed very long.... they just stop uploading. And that is bad not only for those who want to download but also for the forum as a whole.
So, using a specific service that isn't good for uploaders isn't a good service at all!!

this is the kind of remark I deleted, you can post as many filehosters as you want, so long as subyshare is in the first one, they have upped there limits for free uploaders, they have offered free accounts to uploaders what more do you want, and they said they will look into more information given to them to make uploading easier,

Greed is a wonderful tool, we all want something for nothing

as I keep saying it is posters that make the forum, but it is the poster that choose what to post and why to post

NO SPONSOR NO AKIBA
but you can have it how you want if you sponsor us, in a suitable manor, (and if we only charge $1 a year people will still moan)
keeping in mind if all posts have subyshare, you only have to have 1 premium account, instead of the 3 or 4 we used to have and still could not get what you want

islander_Larc

Dead Broke
Oct 20, 2010
Just my two-cents based on experience.

If you do upload here on akiba-online on a regular (or some other forum, for that matter), you could always ask for the kind admin of Subyshare to grant you a FREE premium membership. (like CK mentioned) (and mines 1 month). Nowadays, a lot of could turn up for a filehost in a span of 1 month, very good or utterly worse... just sayin.

Let's just drop this and continue with our lives, and let the staff of akiba do what they have to do and trust them, it's almost 8 years and they're still here, a proof of commitment to the community and to the IDOLS that we're all so fond of, no matter the cost.

For Luna Mizuki's birthing hips and beyond...

wwilk

Nov 20, 2009
What is with this slow d/l speed on Subyshare? I have premium and it is telling me 13 hrs. to d/l a 1.7 GB file. And I have Uverse fastest internet.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I'm was getting around 2MBs last time I downloaded something(with a tendency to slow down to 1MB and climb back up) which is close to the max my connection can handle. It always depends on the quality of the link between you and the server and how busy it is.
I don't know if they have a lot of them at different location or if they're all at the same place.