Post your JAV subtitle files here - JAV Subtitle Repository (JSP)★NOT A SUB REQUEST THREAD★

Pein1911

Sep 20, 2019

JUY-304 My Younger Sister In The House ~ Familiar Desire Under One Roof ~ "Orthodox" Second Exclusive Beauty Milf! ! Yamamoto Rin

juy304pl.jpg

Yamamoto Rin :cinta: best quality I can do!

Attachments

• JUY-304.en.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 259
  • JUY-304.jpg
    JUY-304.jpg
    860.7 KB · Views: 49

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Sorry a few questions.
1)What site has the cleanest audio especially for older movies? e.g. 2014
2)is .mp3 the best or is .aac the best?
1) It's far from being that easy. Even if you take a DVD/Bluray source, the quality is all over the place depending on what studio made it or other factors and with streamable ones, even studios that have above average video quality like Knights Visual still only use ok aac quality for the audio.

2) -mp3 is super old(31 years since its creation), the only reason it's still used today is because everything that plays audio support it pretty much.
-aac is also very old(25 years since its creation). The quality is ok and it's probably the most widely used one for high compression audio these days.
-opus is better than both of those(10 years since its creation). It's not that widely spread yet, mostly on streaming platforms wanting to compress their audio to save on bandwidth cost.

Simplified, the older the codec, the worst the quality will be for the same bitrate(file size), but if you give them enough bitrate, they become all the same quality pretty much so which is best depends on that bitrate. 320kbps mp3 will be better than 128kbps aac for example but 192kbps mp3 will be worse than 128kbps aac.
Also, the less transformed it is the better since every time you compress with a lossy compression(most of them are when released to the public), quality will degrade.

What default translator does Whisper Colab use?
I was curious about that and tried looking at the code to find it but I couldn't by just searching for the word "translate" and follow the code a bit.
Edit: Deducing from the answer to this question, seems like it's using its own knowledge of language to translate and not an external service.

Last edited:

Chuckie100

Sep 13, 2019

GVH-503 Mother-to-child r*** Saran Ito

gvh503pl.jpg

Thanks to Arny for turning me on to this video and for providing a "machine" translation for this sub. But as Arny indicated, the machine Sub was not very good. So I used Whisper Colab to create a Sub. The Whisper Sub was somewhat better so I decided to use it as my baseline and merge portions of the "machine" version to create clarity and in some cases to fill in missing dialog. I also attempted to clean it up a bit, and re-interpreted some of the meaningless/ "lewd-less" dialog. Again, I don't understand Japanese or Chinese so my re-interpretations might not be totally accurate but I try to match what is happening in the scene. Anyway, enjoy and let me know what you think

My bad...I mistakenly pasted GVG-503 instead of the correct title GVH-503. Thanks for the heads up Arny. I also renumbered the lines per Sam Kook's directions...amazingly it seems to have worked. Anyway here is the updated Sub.

Attachments

• GVH-503 Colab Rev B.rar
    11.7 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
If anyone knows how to renumber the sub's lines, I would like to know. By the way, SubtitleEdit does not like my new lines!

Aegisub will re-order the lines number if you export it as an srt without ever saving to .ass, the last one ends up being 497 on that sub instead of 615.

It will also merge duplicate lines with a continuous timing so it will be a bit shorter than the original because of that(2378 lines instead of 2450 in the file).

It doesn't like the #.1 and so on that you've added though since those aren't proper lines limitors, you should just use the next number from the end of the file(or any unused number really, but would become hard to keep track of if you do that) to add lines anywhere else in the sub.

Aegi_reorder.jpg

Reactions: Imscully

Makkdom

Mar 4, 2019
Just wanted to share that I had been using Google's Translate app to help with personal subs I've been wanting to clean up post-Whisper translation, but Google's Translate app seems to be pretty bad at hearing and picking up Japanese and then tends to go completely schizophrenic after prolonged use (like translating random words). After an exit and restart, it gets okay again for some translation, but I always usually have to re-interpret what it thinks it hears. Same with the browser version of the app.

After some frustration with Google's Translate app, I decided to try Microsoft's Translator app. It felt like night and day. Microsoft's Translator app was giving me much more coherent audio-to-text translation much more consistently. I usually translate the same line of dialogue a few times to make certain the translation is picking up right, but the translations seem much more plot relevant than what Google was spitting out.

A few notes:
  • My sad method of translation is to use the app on my phone and leave it close to my PC speaker to pick up audio. I'm that desperate for a translation.
  • I try to let the recording of audio go as long as it can to see if there are distinct thoughts/sentences. If I do pick up multiple sentences, I go back and try to isolate by ear and demeanor of the speaker. I do this because if you translate just the first few words of a sentence/thought as opposed to the entire thing, the translation can vastly change. Yeah, this is far from plug and play, but it's the best I can do not being educated in Japanese.
  • This isn't for everybody. Just those who don't know the Japanese language well and want some key lines translated. Whisper misses lines of dialogue here and there, sometimes during pivotal scenes, and this has helped me fill in the gaps.
  • The pro of Google's Translate vs Microsoft's Translator app is that Google shows you the Japanese it is translating in Kanji/Hiragana/Katakana and the Romanized (latin phonetic spelling) version. Microsoft only shows the Kanji/Hiragana/Katakana version. Seeing the Romanized version just helps you identify if it is picking up the right words to translate or not. In Google's case, it usually thinks it's hearing something else and translating that instead of what you want it to translate.
TLDR; Try out Microsoft's Translator app if you need some lines of audio transcribed post-Whisper translation.
I am giving it a try using the app on my phone, but I don't see how to stop it from reading the translation aloud each time. I don't need the voice feature. I prefer to just read the translations. Is there a way to shut that feature off?

Edit to add: I realized I can just turn the volume down on my phone so I don't have to hear the voice part. Still wondering if there is a way to shut it off though.

Last edited:

Chuckie100

Sep 13, 2019
Aegisub will re-order the lines number if you export it as an srt without ever saving to .ass, the last one ends up being 497 on that sub instead of 615.

It will also merge duplicate lines with a continuous timing so it will be a bit shorter than the original because of that(2378 lines instead of 2450 in the file).

It doesn't like the #.1 and so on that you've added though since those aren't proper lines limitors, you should just use the next number from the end of the file(or any unused number really, but would become hard to keep track of if you do that) to add lines anywhere else in the sub.

View attachment 3268814
Thanks Sam. Yeah when one inserts a bunch of lines it's hard to adjust every following line accordingly. i was hoping for an automatic way to do it. Otherwise it doesn't seem to bother VLC or my sub encoders, so I may live with it! Maybe a suggestion for upgrades to SubtitleEdit and Aegisub?

Last edited:

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
You can start inserting at like 10000 and go up by one with every insert. Then you open in aegisub and then export it immediately and it's done, you've got all the numbers redone in sequential order.

Chuckie100

Sep 13, 2019
You can start inserting at like 10000 and go up by one with every insert. Then you open in aegisub and then export it immediately and it's done, you've got all the numbers redone in sequential order.
Huh? If you are at line 258 and you want to insert 8 lines before 259 how do you do it?

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
You use any number that's not already in use elsewhere for them, doesn't need to be in a sequential order. You could number them 1001 to 1008(if you have less lines than that total).
If you want them in sequential order once you're done, open in aegisub and export it back to an srt and it will change the numbers to all be sequential.

Chuckie100

Sep 13, 2019
You use any number that's not already in use elsewhere for them, doesn't need to be in a sequential order. You could number them 1001 to 1008(if you have less lines than that total).
If you want them in sequential order once you're done, open in aegisub and export it back to an srt and it will change the numbers to all be sequential.
maybe I got it...Like first renumbering the whole sub by 10 and then inserting the 1-9 lines and at the end reorder the sub by 1?

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I think you're thinking too much about it.

Let's say you have a simple sub with 3 lines: 1,2 and 3
You want to insert one line after 2 so you now have 1,2,10 and 3 or 1,2,4 and 3 or 1,2,10000000 and 3
Open in aegisub, immediately export to srt without doing anything else and now you have 1,2,3 and 4

With a more concrete example where left is my edit in notepad or whatever and right is after I open and export to srt with aegisub:
Aegi_reorder_v2.jpg

Chuckie100

Sep 13, 2019
I think you're thinking too much about it.

Let's say you have a simple sub with 3 lines: 1,2 and 3
You want to insert one line after 2 so you now have 1,2,10 and 3 or 1,2,4 and 3 or 1,2,10000000 and 3
Open in aegisub, immediately export to srt without doing anything else and now you have 1,2,3 and 4

With a more concrete example where left is my edit in notepad or whatever and right is after I open and export to srt with aegisub:
View attachment 3268905
Thanks Sam. BTW, I'm recommending they change your logon to "Grand Wizard" because we might all be lost without you!

One more Qustion: Does this only work in Aegisub or does it also work in SubtitleEdit? i usually only use Aegisub if I want subtitles placed on the top like in JAV with Banners.

Last edited:

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Thanks Sam. BTW, I'm recommending they change your logon to "Grand Wizard" because we might all be lost without you!

I couldn't give myself that title but now you've done it, lol.

BTW, you can also just edit the subs in subtitle edit or aegisub and insert lines that way instead of doing it manually. It'll take care of the numbers that way.
Just right-click a line and select insert before or insert after.

Chuckie100

Sep 13, 2019
I couldn't give myself that title but now you've done it, lol.

BTW, you can also just edit the subs in subtitle edit or aegisub and insert lines that way instead of doing it manually. It'll take care of the numbers that way.
Just right-click a line and select insert before or insert after.
Well deserved my friend.

hobbies

Apr 3, 2023
1) It's far from being that easy. Even if you take a DVD/Bluray source, the quality is all over the place depending on what studio made it or other factors and with streamable ones, even studios that have above average video quality like Knights Visual still only use ok aac quality for the audio.

2) -mp3 is super old(31 years since its creation), the only reason it's still used today is because everything that plays audio support it pretty much.
-aac is also very old(25 years since its creation). The quality is ok and it's probably the most widely used one for high compression audio these days.
-opus is better than both of those(10 years since its creation). It's not that widely spread yet, mostly on streaming platforms wanting to compress their audio to save on bandwidth cost.

Simplified, the older the codec, the worst the quality will be for the same bitrate(file size), but if you give them enough bitrate, they become all the same quality pretty much so which is best depends on that bitrate. 320kbps mp3 will be better than 128kbps aac for example but 192kbps mp3 will be worse than 128kbps aac.
Also, the less transformed it is the better since every time you compress with a lossy compression(most of them are when released to the public), quality will degrade.

I was curious about that and tried looking at the code to find it but I couldn't by just searching for the word "translate" and follow the code a bit.
Edit: Deducing from the answer to this question, seems like it's using its own knowledge of language to translate and not an external service.
Thank you Sam for always replying to my stupid and annoying questions :)
Whats a good program that you would recommend then? :)

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Whats a good program that you would recommend then? :)
To do what?

If to get the audio ready for whisper, just demux it, it'll keep is as-is without changing the quality and usually can also be split if necessary. Mkvtoolnix works with mosts, but there's many alternative, some easier, some harder.
If you want to process it somehow,like raising the volume for example, use something like audacity and save to a lossless format if you can afford the extra bandwidth it'll take.

Imscully

Apr 1, 2014

One more Qustion: Does this only work in Aegisub or does it also work in SubtitleEdit? i usually only use Aegisub if I want subtitles placed on the top like in JAV with Banners.
Well said. I agree.
Chuckie100...
Writer and Editor of fun, kinky subtitles
and
Bequether of Titles and Monikers
:)

Last edited:

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
One more Question: Does this only work in Aegisub or does it also work in SubtitleEdit? i usually only use Aegisub if I want subtitles placed on the top like in JAV with Banners.
Good thing Imscully replied to that post or I would have missed your added question.

Doesn't work very well with subtitleedit. The only way I found where you can get it to change the numbers is if you do your inserts without specifying any numbers at all, just the timing and the text. It won't reorder numbers if they are all valid, only if one is missing and it is forced to renumber everything.
They assume you're going to edit the subs from their UI, not via a text editor and then load it in.

You can use subtitleedit to place subs on top too if you prefer it, you just have to use the .ass format for that which subtitle edit support just fine. Aegisub is just more focused on it by default than subtitleedit. Once you change the format to Advanced Sub Station Alpha, 3 icons with an A will appear to deal with .ass formatting stuff.

Chuckie100

Sep 13, 2019
Good thing Imscully replied to that post or I would have missed your added question.

Doesn't work very well with subtitleedit. The only way I found where you can get it to change the numbers is if you do your inserts without specifying any numbers at all, just the timing and the text. It won't reorder numbers if they are all valid, only if one is missing and it is forced to renumber everything.
They assume you're going to edit the subs from their UI, not via a text editor and then load it in.

You can use subtitleedit to place subs on top too if you prefer it, you just have to use the .ass format for that which subtitle edit support just fine. Aegisub is just more focused on it by default than subtitleedit. Once you change the format to Advanced Sub Station Alpha, 3 icons with an A will appear to deal with .ass formatting stuff.
Thanks Sam. I have been using SubtitleEdit to renumber. I first use notepad to create/insert the new line numbers like you advised: 4001, 4002 etc and the corresponding text dialog. I've cut and pasted dialog lines from Whisper sub into Arny's sub and vice-a-versa then renumbered the pasted lines. Then I save the modified sub and and finally I open it with SubtitleEdit and use their renumbering tool. Seems to work great. Maybe it's the inserting of new lines in SubtitleEdit that doesn't work, but haven't tried that. Anyway thanks for your assistance.

Last edited:

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Didn't see there was a renumber tool in subtitleedit, I don't know it very well. So yeah, that works too, it's just automatic in aegisub, which is what I was expecting subtitleedit to do and why it didn't work.

Opening the srt in subtitleedit and adding new lines, timing and text is what they expect you to do so that would work for sure and be less typing than using notepad first, but use whatever you're most comfortable with.

Reactions: Chuckie100