akiba resident JAV subtitlers & subtitle talk★NOT A SUB REQUEST THREAD★

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

maload

Jul 1, 2008
I'm not sure what you're trying to spell???

It's not "お願いです" ????
i heard he said | o na ga de /

but i dont sure or have any idea lol

or its may be お願い ( its sound similar too )

thank you .

Reactions: mei2

maload

Jul 1, 2008
sometime i wonder why google translator or deepl cant translate chikubi ( omg really??)

i found website that have lot of way for analy the structure of long sentence. ( kind of movies title and such )

its https://jisho.org

it will not translate the sentence but it will divide the long sentence in parts ( most of the time he is toooo,,,,, good ,,, he think too much )

but it help me ,,,, kanji with many meaning and such .

but i dont think its for grammar analysis ... just check with other ways or read a little bit

Reactions: mei2 and Taako

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Happy Friday!
Japanese slangs, abbrev, and so forth can be tough for all of us.
That's why when I seem hear, or someone shares a new way of using a word I write it down and try to share it with you guys:)

So i heard what sound like "menta" and I couldn't figure it. But surprisingly the answer is right there.
Do you know what it is? Can you guess?
A hint: the scene has a woman apologizing.
Now you know the answer, right?
Answer: "I'm sorry"

So there it is.:D

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
sometime i wonder why google translator or deepl cant translate chikubi ( omg really??)

i found website that have lot of way for analy the structure of long sentence. ( kind of movies title and such )

its https://jisho.org

it will not translate the sentence but it will divide the long sentence in parts ( most of the time he is toooo,,,,, good ,,, he think too much )

but it help me ,,,, kanji with many meaning and such .

but i dont think its for grammar analysis ... just check with other ways or read a little bit
Thanks.

Google and Deep L sometimes can't understand the easy words like mother, father, wakani, yatta, yada, niichan, neechan, or oniichan. But it is a computer:cool:
So that's why you have to be careful with your subs.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
I have another tip for those that want quick subs, done by someone else, that looks ok...
but there's a BIG catch...
I decided to try one of their sub jobs. I was curious.
So the catch...
Whoever runs that site is 100% NOT JAPANESE:confused::confused::confused:

I have never seen a "Japanese" not know his/her own language lol
And get the first 6 mins of their language wrong AND I'm not Japanese and I now it's wrong.

I don't know the end result of their movies but I guess some don't mind because its free and they don't have to work on subs.

They make characters say things that impact a scene and lose it's story building elements and/or "eroticism", etc.
For example, [That site]Pervert say: "Is it harder, isn't it"

Actually the pervert say, "You know how to lick it, don't you?"

So, I'm not a language expert and we are all trying our best.
But if I ran a site. I would try harder and be honest.

Not sure why you do that and not warn people its not accurate, oh, well...

Positively, they have creative subs and looks good.
You almost think they are 100% accurate but They Are Not.

I am not against that site. Don't get me wrong.
Also, the forums are very very very toxic, racist, sexists, disgusting stuff ever.

Looks like you can make trouble there, say weird stuff, and they won't banned you.
It's very very very very low quality over there.

Signing up for membership, and site owners and mods who cares keeps the bad stuff away.

If you are looking for a fun site and people to interact with and share then...
Akiba Online is the place:cheers:

I think I will not post that site name. Not worth people time. Too toxic place.
Sorry for the meaningless rant everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Imscully

maload

Jul 1, 2008
time is money ..... this guy dont have time for "fix the ai or other program work "

this webmaster trust the program too much
or he dont even care at all

,, he just sitting in somewhere or here and download the " subtitle "

posting on his website .... free subs and money ....

i still dont think that people need to know so much about " japanese" to create some jav-subtitle

- ( they keep taking the same word again and again)
- ( they talk slower than any Japanese women )
( i just find .... learn what they said ... learn some grammar .. )

i think this program is a good tool anyway ( he know 5000 word for sure + lots of basic sentence ..i guess )".

.....he is better and better every sec .. -- "

but sometime he doesn't even detect " kimochi" lol

and google can translate " anything that long enough " ( he can translate the sentence with wrong grammar too )

o

within 2 years or 1 years ... these kind of program will be perfect and the world will need no translator anyway - - "

sometime i think ,,,, why i need to learn japanese when i cant run after this shit .....within 2 years ( or may be shorter than that )

but sometime when i see something funny that the program create then i said ..okay .... i will learn a little bit and i can fixed what you do it wrong

lol ..i am so confused now ... i am lazy ,,,, lost hope and i dont want to stop learning

Last edited:

maload

Jul 1, 2008
000sex toy.jpg

can you give me a hand

what do they call this sex toy in japanese ???

maload

Jul 1, 2008
there is a lot of " shika " or " chi ka" in the movies

what is the meaning of these word

the actress always use this word in r*** movies

i guess its " cant do " or " stop " but i really want to know what is it

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
there is a lot of " shika " or " chi ka" in the movies

what is the meaning of these word

the actress always use this word in r*** movies

i guess its " cant do " or " stop " but i really want to know what is it
It's difficult to know without hearing it.
Honestly, JAV uses lots of abbreviated words and the more you listen.. the more you can spot it right away.

In r**pe movie? I don't watch it like that.
Could be the actress is saying, Wait? Wait a minute? I can't? You can't?, and etc
Or she might not be saying anything. Just using her breath.

Sorry unless I can hear it. I'm not certain.
I suggest you study the scene and it might come to you.

ArtemisINFJ

God Slayer, Dawnbreaker
Nov 5, 2022
Hello, everyone.

I would like to get an opinion in regards of subtitling multiple speakers in one scene.
How can I differentiate these multiple speakers who's talking in the background?
I found it easy for me to get things done by only focusing on the coverage between two character but not with sounds from background characters. Can I just skip it? any idea on this one, thanks1703278020361.png

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
If you switch to a subtitle format that has more options like .ass instead of srt, you can apply different formatting to different lines.

For background conversations, I like to align it to the top of the screen since it makes it very clear it's separate from the main conversation.
You could also do different colors for different speakers and change the font, its size or stuff like that, whatever you feel fits best.

ArtemisINFJ

God Slayer, Dawnbreaker
Nov 5, 2022
If you switch to a subtitle format that has more options like .ass instead of srt, you can apply different formatting to different lines.

For background conversations, I like to align it to the top of the screen since it makes it very clear it's separate from the main conversation.
You could also do different colors for different speakers and change the font, its size or stuff like that, whatever you feel fits best.
Thank you for the ideas. didn't think about that, I'll keep you updated soon

ArtemisINFJ

God Slayer, Dawnbreaker
Nov 5, 2022
Is it just me, or do you notice that most of the JAV on the market does not appear to receive the necessary editing to make it good, particularly the general color tone of the video? I mean, I understand that for monthly releases, certain budgets or things must be trimmed, but I believe it is vital to at least conduct some fundamental adjustments or color grading. I find that top studios like Moodyz, S1, Idea Pocket, SOD(Stars) nd Attackers appear to have decent color tone for their monthly releases, as opposed to those that washes out like ungraded log footage.

ToastFrench

Jan 8, 2022

A good example of the flexibility of .ass is in MMFL-001-where the subtitler managed to get text messages subtitled:
1703522989097.png

Created by EricF here!

maload

Jul 1, 2008

It's difficult to know without hearing it.
Honestly, JAV uses lots of abbreviated words and the more you listen.. the more you can spot it right away.

In r**pe movie? I don't watch it like that.
Could be the actress is saying, Wait? Wait a minute? I can't? You can't?, and etc
Or she might not be saying anything. Just using her breath.

Sorry unless I can hear it. I'm not certain.
I suggest you study the scene and it might come to you.

thank you so much .

i have time for akiba again after i have holiday .. new years

i just found some subtitled ( japanese subtitle ) that i believed that its was made by the magazine or company themselve

so its may help a little bit ( dialog collection lol )

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Hello, everyone.

I would like to get an opinion in regards of subtitling multiple speakers in one scene.
How can I differentiate these multiple speakers who's talking in the background?
I found it easy for me to get things done by only focusing on the coverage between two character but not with sounds from background characters. Can I just skip it? any idea on this one, thanksView attachment 3395790
@SamKook gave a wonderful suggestion.
I have come across this more than once. It can be frustrating because you want to include all the talking.
I usually keep it the main two speakers. Adding to many subs will look bad.
And by all means skip if you want. I find the impact to be very little.
I even skip some of the low speaking on occasion these days.
Too troublesome and time consuming.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArtemisINFJ

maload

Jul 1, 2008
for me i will do everything in the movies if i can do it ..

i want to ask something ...here it is

aika was r*** and she keep talking " 分かったから "

do you have idea why she do it ???

what 分かったから mean ( i think its mean " i understand , i got it " )

but i dont think its make sense

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
for me i will do everything in the movies if i can do it ..

i want to ask something ...here it is

aika was r*** and she keep talking " 分かったから "

do you have idea why she do it ???

what 分かったから mean ( i think its mean " i understand , i got it " )

but i dont think its make sense
There's talking in r*pe?:D Maybe she being taunted/verbally abuse?

Maybe she say...
I hear you, I know, I don't know, I don't understand, I don't know what you mean, Okay, I know what you meant, I know it well, All right, It's okay, Yes, I understand, etc.

The list is endless.

maload

Jul 1, 2008
There's talking in r*pe?:D Maybe she being taunted/verbally abuse?

Maybe she say...
I hear you, I know, I don't know, I don't understand, I don't know what you mean, Okay, I know what you meant, I know it well, All right, It's okay, Yes, I understand, etc.

The list is endless.
then i choose " i understand " lol