FileJoker Sponsorship

colweb

Jade Collector
Uploader
Sep 2, 2010
@eshwaa.

I have the same problem and got the same answer from Filejoker. It's just stupid that you have premium and can't download some files because other premium users can block you. It is that FJ sponsors Akiba and therefore is mandatory here otherwise I wouldn't have a FJ premium anymore.

@MaxFJ,

Never ever seen a file hoster that blocks paid users from downloading. Fix it please.

Reactions: C00Lzero

MaxFJ

Representative
Mar 9, 2015
We don't block paid users. As I said before, regular premium users (non-affiliates) never see that message and can download any file. Also, affiliates can discuss any matter with our manager.

colweb

Jade Collector
Uploader
Sep 2, 2010
We don't block paid users. As I said before, regular premium users (non-affiliates) never see that message and can download any file. Also, affiliates can discuss any matter with our manager.

YOU DO BLOCK PAID USERS. Paid users who participate in the affiliate program are blocked by YOU on request of other paid users.

Please stop doing so.

Reactions: eshwaa

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Sounds to me like some affiliates don't want other affiliates to download their uploads and repost them and this is the solution they came up with.

A case of a minority of bad apples messing it up for the rest.

colweb

Jade Collector
Uploader
Sep 2, 2010
SamKook,

That's probably the reason. But in my case I wanted to download a few files without even thinking about re-uploading (or repost them). Fortunately found them elsewhere without FJ links. But as premium FJ user it is very frustrating that you can't download some files sometimes. And by Filejoker they don't seem to understand how stupid this is.

greetings,
Colweb

Reactions: pocs

PJB

Apr 12, 2007
I agree it is pretty stupid. It should not be a policy that FJ can prevent affiliates from downloading from each other. For example, you might have a completely different niche to another affiliate but you can't download their stuff anyway. And if you're concerned about people ripping your rips that you've probably ripped from elsewhere, then just report their posts in the relevant forums. It's a free market and competition is part of the game, the file hoster shouldn't be the one to block affiliates.

And then there is the 'not a robot' captchas... I mean, seriously? :)

MaxFJ

Representative
Mar 9, 2015
@colweb @SamKook @PJB

We don't block regular premium users and our affiliate program is free. If you have any question as affiliate or can't download some file, please contact our webmasters manager and we will be happy to help you.

colweb

Jade Collector
Uploader
Sep 2, 2010
MaxFJ,

You don't seem to understand it. It is a stupid policy to block any premium user for whatever the reason. Constantly saying the same thing "We don't block regular premium users" doesn't help at all. You do block affiliate premium users and that's wrong.
What is so difficult to understand about that?

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
He understands it perfectly, there is just a reluctance to mention money, which is the underlying reasoning here, I believe. As he says, being an affiliate costs nothing. You become an affiliate with FJ and you can potentially make money for them. If you decide to also become a premium member, well, now you’re making money for them and also paying them. But you are then NOT a “regular” premium member, you’re an “affiliated” premium member.

That puts you in the category being discussed here, I believe. If anyone is just an affiliate and not just a premium member they can be disallowed to download content that is put up by other affiliates if those affiliates request it. As stated earlier, I’m pretty sure that’s an attempt to stop other affiliates from re-uploading said content, although, anyone not associated or affiliated AT ALL with FJ can still download content (sometimes free, if very slowly) and then put it up anywhere else using any number of hosts. The whole thing is counterintuitive and a bit useless. It stops nothing.

But the point being made in these last posts, it’s a bit of a catch-22. Affiliates can, in their entirety, be blocked from downloading whatever content the posting affiliate doesn’t want them to be able to download. If you have nothing to do with FJ at all other than being a paid premium user, this doesn’t affect you, you’re just a customer. But if you are an affiliate and also a paid premium member, just being an affiliate is enough for this restriction to take effect. Hence, the repeated claims from Maximillian that regular premium users are not blocked from anything, which is true. It’s just not being said that YOU as an affiliated premium user are being blocked. Again, it’s a marketing thing, they don’t want to outright say you’re right.

And the suggestion to contact webmaster support will do what? There’s a chance they’ll let you specifically download something they’ve already blocked you from downloading at another affiliate’s request? That, then, renders this whole “feature” for affiliates useless.

Reactions: C00Lzero and colweb

MaxFJ

Representative
Mar 9, 2015
colweb Casshern2

Thank you for the feedback. We will think how to improve our cooperation with affiliates. At this moment if any affiliate has some questions or problems, just contact webmasters manager and we will be happy to help you.

Reactions: Casshern2

pocs

Multi-Terabytes Collector
Apr 8, 2010
@MaxFJ
I have sent you an email about the link I can not download. If become affiliate restrict me downloading people file. Please deactivate my affiliate. I am just a casual uploader, I don't think I want this kind of unfair restriction.

MaxFJ

Representative
Mar 9, 2015
@MaxFJ
I have sent you an email about the link I can not download. If become affiliate restrict me downloading people file. Please deactivate my affiliate. I am just a casual uploader, I don't think I want this kind of unfair restriction.

We have replied via e-mail.

pocs

Multi-Terabytes Collector
Apr 8, 2010
it is sad that, i will need to leave this filehost on affiliation.
let's make this clear one more time.
I don't want to buy a premium and then telling me that some of the file can not be download.
my only way to make those file to be able to downlaod again is to deactivated my affiliation.

it seem, i will be back to uplaod again only when akiba change file host.

Thank you

MaxFJ

Representative
Mar 9, 2015
it is sad that, i will need to leave this filehost on affiliation.
let's make this clear one more time.
I don't want to buy a premium and then telling me that some of the file can not be download.
my only way to make those file to be able to downlaod again is to deactivated my affiliation.

it seem, i will be back to uplaod again only when akiba change file host.

Thank you

Please, note that active and working affiliates don't have to buy premium. Also, please note that main goal of affiliates is upload files and share links. By the way, you are able to upload and post files even without affiliate account, you can do that with a regular account, if you want.

colweb

Jade Collector
Uploader
Sep 2, 2010
MaxFJ,

<quote>please note that main goal of affiliates is upload files and share links.</endquote>

And that is just the main problem. They don't share links with other affiliates.

Reactions: Casshern2

MaxFJ

Representative
Mar 9, 2015
@colweb Other affiliates also upload files and post links. Affiliates upload files, and regular users download files, it works this way as a rule.