FileJoker Sponsorship

PJB

Apr 12, 2007
I know right? I mean it wouldn't be so bad if they just used the 'tickbox' type captcha, but I've had instances where there are literally pages and pages of shop fronts, fire hydrants and traffic lights etc.

Reactions: sophiew and rebush

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Is anyone else having issues uploading files?

EDIT: Never mind, found the problem. My premium account expired. Yes, FJ only allows large upload storage space if you're premium. The other host I use doesn't do that. wink wink

Last edited:

johnofgaunt

Jun 3, 2008
Apologies if this has been addressed before. I've searched but can't find any threads on it.

I have a premium account with Filejoker. Recently I extended it to a 3 monthly, $34 account. That was fine for a few days but now, when I try to download from Akiba, I get a message that says: "There is not enough traffic available to download this file. You have: 393 out of 50000 MB left. You can Extend your Premius account to reset download limits". I thought a premium account allowed for unlimited downloads? There is no mention of a 50000 MB limit. When I click on the link provided, incidentally, it says I have 91 days and 22 hours left in my subscription.

I've sent Filejoker a message but is there something obvious, that I'm missing? Any advice, anyone?

Many thanks in advance.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Apologies if this has been addressed before. I've searched but can't find any threads on it.

I've sent Filejoker a message but is there something obvious, that I'm missing? Any advice, anyone?

Many thanks in advance.

I will move this thread to the correct section, and you will see it has been addressed, as you have already sent filejoker a message your counter should be reset if not already/but soon

johnofgaunt

Jun 3, 2008
I will move this thread to the correct section, and you will see it has been addressed, as you have already sent filejoker a message your counter should be reset if not already/but soon

Thank you. No, Filejoker have not yet responded or reset my counter. Is this some sort of glitch or will I need to contact them repeatedly? I think that ensuring that only one file service can be used on this site is an excellent idea, I really support it, but it all depends on how responsive and consistent that file service's service actually is.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Thank you. No, Filejoker have not yet responded or reset my counter. Is this some sort of glitch or will I need to contact them repeatedly? I think that ensuring that only one file service can be used on this site is an excellent idea, I really support it, but it all depends on how responsive and consistent that file service's service actually is.

50 GBs over five days, it process it everyday, I think it is midnight CET, but they allow akiba users to message them so it can be reset, not sure how long it takes

PJB

Apr 12, 2007
So I've been getting reCaptchas for many years now, mostly as a result of using Filejoker. Even though I have a premium affiliate account with them, go figure. Apparently they are the only filehost on the planet that require a 'safety mechanism' for premium accounts.

But whatever, my beef is mainly with Google. Their recaptcha has always behaved a little strangely, it's almost as if intentionally being reset and failed just to make you do more captchas. There are times when I am 100% certain that I selected every image correctly, but it STILL comes back with the 'please try again' message and another round of crap. I usually just keep pressing refresh until a single page of images comes up , because I'll be damned if I'm doing 5 pages of traffic lights and buses only for it to come back and say 'please try again'.

To make matters worse, for some reason the page seems to reset and even though it went through OK, another captcha appears immediately after. I have recorded this behavior in a short video clip, as attached to this thread. Here you can see me attempting to downloading a SINGLE File, and the amount of work required to get to it. These days I usually give up and move on with my day if I get more than a certain amount for a single file (because every other file is locked out as a result, I can't even check my own files)

Btw, I get these with or without VPN. In fact, I'd say I get more on my ISP.

I did some research into this and apparently Google are using their captcha as a 'training method' for their AI or something, I found this article about it: https://medium.com/@bestvpn11/how-c...e-ruining-the-net-and-what-to-do-848c0e881d2c

Either way, I think this is completely getting out of hand - some users may never get these captchas - but for those of us that do, it's becoming obnoxious and tedious. I urge you to consider implementing something else (hcaptcha.com perhaps)

Attachments

• reCaptcha in action.mp4.zip
    3 MB · Views: 200

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
But whatever, my beef is mainly with Google. Their recaptcha has always behaved a little strangely, it's almost as if intentionally being reset and failed just to make you do more captchas.

if the real beef is with google, maybe stop using them, and do not use chrome, use firefox and DuckDuckGo

now to the FJ problem, have you contacted support and enquired with them?, I am sure they do not want you to have that problem

PJB

Apr 12, 2007
The browser (nor the o/s) is not the issue, reCaptcha is. Filejoker only implement it through an API, they have no control over the veracity of the captcha callbacks. Google themselves decide which IP regions pose the most 'automated' threat to sites. It's shoddy practices by Google at best using a scattergun approach, nefarious at worst by intentionally farming data from it. The only solution for FJ is to not implement captchas at all for affiliates, or use something else that has no connections to Google and Cloudflare.

Reactions: CoolKevin

shank

May 27, 2007
There are times when I am 100% certain that I selected every image correctly, but it STILL comes back with the 'please try again' message and another round of crap.... I'll be damned if I'm doing 5 pages of traffic lights and buses only for it to come back and say 'please try again'.

Either way, I think this is completely getting out of hand - some users may never get these captchas - but for those of us that do, it's becoming obnoxious and tedious. I urge you to consider implementing something else (hcaptcha.com perhaps)

Caught this topic from the sidebar and had to chime in after reading this. This is beyond aggravating and I experience the same thing. There have been so many times with FileJoker's captcha's that I have been told "sorry try again" that I've paid attention and am 100% sure that I am selecting all the correct tiles yet it tells me try again and forces me to go through 5-10 captchas. It's even more aggravating with the captchas that slowly fade out and back in, because im sitting there waiting for the unnecessary slow animation to finish just to click the same tile 3 additional times for x amount of tiles, only to be told "sorry try again" and go through it 5-10 more captchas when I know everything was correct.

Reactions: CoolKevin

PJB

Apr 12, 2007
https://github.com/google/recaptcha/issues/240

Seems like this issue has been bubbling for a while - but so few speaking of it.

Well I found a solution, but it's not exactly ideal. If you are blocking trackers and third party cookies, you need to turn BOTH of these back on then the reCaptcha will work properly.

So in summary: Google won't let you use recaptcha unless you allow them to track your internet activity through third-party cookies and trackers.

What an absolute shitshow.

Last edited:

chesed

Feb 22, 2009
It gets more and more difficult to get FileJoker. I tried to pay with three different means and it just does not go through. And I'm sure as hell not gonna use those "alternative" payment sites that charge a shitton of service fees. Sucks man. =/

Those first two options just never work for me anymore.