New Board Software, New Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteandfai

Nov 22, 2013
How can I search for JAV which it's movie code have less than 3 letter? This is not the same as before.

fwcngyuiof

Oct 11, 2009
I'm in the United States (Texas to be exact) and browsing is now many times faster. The website design is much better too.

Reactions: CoolKevin

heighlylikely

Feb 19, 2009
I love how fast the new site is but what I miss the most is the ability to sort threads by creation date as opposed to the default of most recent post.

sylove4e

Aug 29, 2010
while i do enjoy the previous styles akiba has undergone a lot more, i must say that loading is definitely much faster due to the thumbnail compression. it seems to be a choice between aesthetics and performance. either way, i'm glad akiba is back. thanks for all the hard work!!

torenz

Tegumi
Jun 22, 2012
Glad you're back.
It's fast alright, but I will miss the vbulletin layout.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
MAYBE GOING BACK IS THE BEST CHOICE....
Not going to happen

I understand that many people complain about the new forum. Of course it is faster and so on, but they miss the functionalities they had in the last forum (which was enabled by several add-ons or additional software). But suggesting that going back is better... :(

The new forum is definitely a move in the right direction. vBulletin is not a state-of-art forum software in my opinion. It lacks a lot of things. It will need some time before the new forum will have similar functionalities. But I'm sure chompy is working on it. Also I think he will have a break now and being happy that finally everything works. :)

I'm a little bit angry if someone who has only a few posts is complaining in such a way. :mad:

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
I love how fast the new site is but what I miss the most is the ability to sort threads by creation date as opposed to the default of most recent post.
You can. Click on "thread display options" near the bottom. It doesn't seem to remember your choice though, so you'll have to tell it again each visit. (Unless I missed an option somewhere.)

mojo

Feb 11, 2007
What happened to the "mark all posts as read" option? The new look is okay but lacks contrast. At least it's nice and fast now.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
@__@ , the japanese characters were there before this new change.

What im asking is, are they gonna go back to japanese characters? Or is it going to be like last time?

unfortunately it is like last time, but this time you can edit your own titles,

there are a few things that are better, one it tells you who responded (quotes) your post, easier to find

sorry for the miss interpretation of your original post

Just out of curiosity, did you guys try changing the language encoding in vB to UTF-8 and converting the database tables to UTF 8 collations? (Was that when all the Japanese text turned into question marks?)

that was the problem, it was a bug in the vb system, no idea how and why, and vb help were totally useless (so was I, but I did not build the program):mad:

2 minor things I recognized:
  • Uploaded pictures are not shown in the post preview. You only see a "View attachment XYZ".
  • In vBulletin we had an "Attachments" menu item in the preferences. There you could see all the attachments you uploaded to AO. XenForo doesn't seem to have that.
Maybe it is possible to enable these features also here using some add-ons.

we will be doing add-ons, but the last one failed, so we are going to go ahead very slowly on this (learning curve for us all)

can we change our thread title (as OP) as before the upgrade ?
to fix the missing kanjis ourselves

btw my previous post and few others has been deleted :/

yes IdolFun posted a picture showing where it can be edited

deleted posts, depends on when it was posted, if it was in the first hour of our return, some got lost because we crashed, and we went to the back to reboot, if it was over a week ago from the time of this post, many things have been lost, (again the fault of vb)

we apologise for your loss

Ugly, ugly, ugly. Did I mention ugly? It's slow. Threads are horrible - in appearance. Attachements purely made to be thumbs is bad. Even the resolution on attachment thumbs is bad.

It was much better to go to a thread and see regular sized previews.

Don't like it AT ALL

fair comment, we will be doing tweaks, I hope it improves for you

MAYBE GOING BACK IS THE BEST CHOICE....

as IdolFun said not a chance, The reason, vb collapsed badly, and we tried to get it going again and again, to no avail, it could handle all we wanted it to do, it was slow and cumbersome,

How can I search for JAV which it's movie code have less than 3 letter? This is not the same as before.

yes we are working on that

------------------------------------------------------​

yes there are many problems, the biggest ones seem to be searches and thumbnails, we will be working on them,

next biggest problem is settings, and the way it is set up, and personal settings, we are looking at add-ons to improve things, but the last time we tried it failed, so that is a slow process as well

for those that just said UGLY UGLY UGLY, well we all got used to the old set up, and some things were better, and here some things are better, and suggestions, are welcome to improve things, but please be constructive about it (it is all our Board)

please consider we are all learning how it works

Reactions: HeavyNosebleed

Faust®

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2010
I'm not sure how it was at the "old" Akiba-online, but I have the impression that there was not possible to see pictures unregistered.
While now everyone can see the pictures without the need to register.
Raises the question - is this correct?

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I'm not sure how it was at the "old" Akiba-online, but I have the impression that there was not possible to see pictures unregistered.
While now everyone can see the pictures without the need to register.
Raises the question - is this correct?

I was told guests could not see pictures, we will look into it

Status
Not open for further replies.