Planned offline-time as well as server-move

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
whops.

sorry! I totally fucked up the database-cluster and needed to take it down for resyncing.

sorry :(

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012
One thing that maybe has not been explicitly pointed at yet: the bottom section with navigation and "About us" is too big, considering that it is redundant (the same links are at the top) and a bit... moot:
Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.
This might be true, but do we need 1/3 of screen's height to display these few words? Looking at the old design, it looks way neater on the bottom.

/screenshot taken from cache, this page still lives for me with old style

Attachments

• Akiba-Online 20210420 one of last views of old style and design (bottom).png
    Akiba-Online 20210420 one of last views of old style and design (bottom).png
    1.9 MB · Views: 35

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
*sight*
there is always something going wrong, isn't it?
At the moment the europe servers have some problems with routings...
so we are down to only asia ...

@ footer:
yea. i will minimize the footer a bit. but the easiest way: don't scroll that much down :D

Reactions: granatnik

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012
More like, *scroll up :haha: Footer doesn't serve any big purpose, and it's so easy to admire its vast spaces and redundant text even when checking new posts only:
  • "Contact us" is twice - Quick navigation and bottom right
  • Home is three times - Quick, bottom right, upper left just above the footer
  • Forums are twice - Quick and just above the footer
I did not even mention yet top bar, always visible, I can also avoid touching the topic of Forums being the same as Home. Is this a way of saying we are so terribly blind?

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012
Was there a glitch on servers? For a moment first images in threads have been given .htm extension when saving them, but it seems that after a reload they are back to their image selves.

Observed for example here and there.

columbussnake

Jan 10, 2009
The Search Function no longer works for me.
Is that a fix in progress or is my ancient system no longer compatible with your new system?

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012