READ THIS! Akiba-Online returns again: ALL ATTACHMENTS LOST, starting again

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Read all of this.

Welcome again. Sorry for the last downtime, you'll probably want an explanation...

The MySQL server has been misbehaving for several months, and unbeknownst to I or the staff here, all the attachments had been stored incorrectly in the database (this is nobody's fault) as a result the forum performance degraded immensely. Eventually the forum was so slow it began to cause even more serious errors. :bow-pray:

We managed to retrieve all of the posts, users and avatars from the SQL file (that's the database the forum runs from) and moved them into a brand new install of vBulletin.

This will not and cannot happen again because the attachments are no longer stored in a database, they are stored in a directory on the server!

All of the torrent threads have been moved to the torrent recycle bin and will be deleted in 30 days time. If you are the owner of any of these threads, you can reattach any files you wish to them and move them to the appropriate torrent forum if you wish. If not they will be purged at the end of May

The staff are also going to try to restore as many torrent threads as possible, however this is a long and boring process. The Hentai Manga and certain Idol torrents are the highest priority as most of those torrents are still active.

If you do not wish to restore any threads, consider this a fresh start!

Anyone who is new here, welcome to Akiba-Online

Please ask any questions in this thread or PM me.

elvisdecat

Dec 19, 2006
:please: My Eyes! Love the new theme! Looks great :please:
Glad you guys are back, I appreciate all the hard work you do to keep the forum running smoothly!!!!

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Ready to go!!

I'll have to get used to those "hello-kitty-like" characters.. xD
You can change the theme to the old "winter" theme at the bottom of the page if you prefer it. When summer rolls along, there will be another nice theme to choose from too.
the "thanks system" is canceled ?
No. It will be re-implemented soon, along with the following:

Tag system
Default avatar
VbAdvanced CMPS

and possibly

VbArcade

Jan 17, 2007
You can change the theme to the old "winter" theme at the bottom of the page if you prefer it. When summer rolls along, there will be another nice theme to choose from too.No. It will be re-implemented soon, along with the following:

Tag system
Default avatar
VbAdvanced CMPS

and possibly

VbArcade

I wonder if there's still the RPG mod for VB, a forum I used to go to ages ago had one but I don't what it was called. (I haven't been back in 4 years)
It was particularly fun, you could get gold if people thanked you for posts or faced someone in a duel but then again it's not necessary for AO.

Balactus

Destroyer of Worlds!!!
Dec 22, 2006
Welcome Back!!:moe: Life was not the same with out you guys.
:happy:

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006

tonigobe

Hinata fan
Dec 7, 2006
YAY! Welcome back! :moe:

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
That minor downtime a few minutes ago is nothing to worry about, the server just forgot where the php.ini file was >.<

It's fixed now.

And we have post thanks back.

RawD

bearded pirate
Nov 8, 2006
Welcome back again (3rd, no 5th time.....?)
:chant: at first I had no idea what had happened, I was hoping for a server crash :destroy: or something less serious that could be fixed with little effort, but as time went on I realized something .....

:eek:mg2: :furious: :constipation: :petrfied: :defeat: :notagain: :pissed: :death: :dies: :abandoned: :giveup: :cry: :perhaps: :eek:y: :furious2: :...: :dies2: :silence: :sick: :donotwant: :nooo: :eek:mg: :abandoned2:

....I have nothing better to do all day than to download stuff from AO and browse all the stupid comments......

So I must say I'm really glad you're back :relief: