New Board Software, New Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateGTR

Sep 11, 2008
Any chance to allow us to search for generic Japanese words such as 巨乳, 中出, 爆乳, 黒人, etc...
I tried to search with the above words and turns out "The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common."

Reactions: ding73ding

sp1cychick3n

Aug 23, 2008
Maybe I'm not pressing the right buttons, but on the old website, on the left, there were links to torrents, direct downloads, etc. And when I click on the torrent link, the torrent section would show up with the pictures (currently, there are just link and you have to open the links to see the preview).

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Reactions: bubbagump174
Mar 28, 2008
no those characters that are now wrong, was wrong in vb and it could not revert them back to original format (I agree it sucks, no angry smiley yet)
No, I'm not referring to the first time the japanese characters got fucked.

http://www.akiba-online.com/index.p...xx-i-love-you-mum.1255676/page-7#post-2442860

I made that post in May 13, way after japanese characters got fucked up. Now with this new move, the posts japanese characters are now gibberish.

All the posts that were recent are now gibberish, the japanese characters are gone.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
No, I'm not referring to the first time the japanese characters got fucked.

http://www.akiba-online.com/index.p...xx-i-love-you-mum.1255676/page-7#post-2442860

I made that post in May 13, way after japanese characters got fucked up. Now with this new move, the posts japanese characters are now gibberish.

All the posts that were recent are now gibberish, the japanese characters are gone.

I knew what you was talking about, that still happened in vb, it did happen more than once

Mar 28, 2008
I knew what you was talking about, that still happened in vb, it did happen more than once
@__@ , the japanese characters were there before this new change.

What im asking is, are they gonna go back to japanese characters? Or is it going to be like last time?

bobthemonkey

Sep 25, 2007
we will have to look into it

that was what happened on vBulletin, that is another reason why we changed boards

it is fine now

Just out of curiosity, did you guys try changing the language encoding in vB to UTF-8 and converting the database tables to UTF 8 collations? (Was that when all the Japanese text turned into question marks?)

Last edited:

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
2 minor things I recognized:
  • Uploaded pictures are not shown in the post preview. You only see a "View attachment XYZ".
  • In vBulletin we had an "Attachments" menu item in the preferences. There you could see all the attachments you uploaded to AO. XenForo doesn't seem to have that.
Maybe it is possible to enable these features also here using some add-ons.

ezepietro

(。◕‿◕。)
Sep 7, 2008
can we change our thread title (as OP) as before the upgrade ?
to fix the missing kanjis ourselves

and welcome back again
btw my previous post and few others has been deleted :/

Reactions: bpx

MXS-

Jan 6, 2009
Glad you guys are back.

I miss the old color scheme, this ones too bright.

I also miss the old main page with the torrents and downloads stream of all the latest posts and the previews. I believe this has been mentioned a few times in this thread. Just thought I'd say it again! Please bring it back!!!

Reactions: CoolKevin

bpx

Sep 19, 2009
can we change our thread title (as OP) as before the upgrade ?
to fix the missing kanjis ourselves

and welcome back again
btw my previous post and few others has been deleted :/
I just changed the title of one of my threads (the one with the "h" pose) and it worked perfectly, so it's apparently possible.

TraumaDoc

Is THE man!
Nov 10, 2008
Ugly, ugly, ugly. Did I mention ugly? It's slow. Threads are horrible - in appearance. Attachements purely made to be thumbs is bad. Even the resolution on attachment thumbs is bad.

It was much better to go to a thread and see regular sized previews.

Don't like it AT ALL

Reactions: logan3

jawe

Jul 7, 2008
I don't like overall design. Especially attachment thumbnail. But i think it can be fixed. The most important thing, it's fast now. Nice works guys. :cool:

tea5201314

May 12, 2010
we will look into it, yes I think we all want some smileys

well we did our best with vb, and we are still trying to improve things, but please feel free to make suggestions

no those characters that are now wrong, was wrong in vb and it could not revert them back to original format (I agree it sucks, no angry smiley yet)

we are still learning as much as you are and it will be looked into, and by the response many want it

another one we are looking into
MAYBE GOING BACK IS THE BEST CHOICE....

logan3

Oct 2, 2011
I'm missing the 'today's downloads' where you can get an overview (inc screenshots) of what's been posted: jav. idol, manga, etc..
Yes, it's was only way I looked at torrents. There's no way I'm going to open every single torrent thread, when nearly a thousand are made each month. I'm sure it's even worse on the server side for people doing the latter.

Also, the fonts on the forums are way too large. If I decrease it in the browser, then it also shrinks the images. So is there an option in the user settings to change to font size?

Reactions: bubbagump174

Shochu

Jun 10, 2009
Looks great so far....can we get the DVD cover photos back up for the listings of torrents and downloads for JAV like before? That would be better if possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.