New Board Software, New Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faust®

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2010
Hooray, I'm back "home"!
And administrators to better the processed board with better features.
For what it all worked hard on it belongs praise in front of everyone participating in the "exchange of views" on a new form this board!
Just a small note, I'm not new but old and not only according to the time when I was on the previous "form" Akiba.;)

Reactions: CoolKevin

HeavyNosebleed

Dec 4, 2013
Great to have the forum back! Thanks for all the work.
I won't judge the layout and the changes so far, because it is too early. But I really have to get used to the new look.

But nevertheless here are some things that caught my eye:
The infos and "buttons" below the posts are a little small. Is it possible to make them bigger? Sometimes you almost have to search for the Like-Button in threads that contain a lot of images or other colorful/complex stuff.
And we really need the old Otaku-Style smilies back - they just belong to that kind of place. :D
Also the new square avatar format is a little forced...I would like to see a more free ratio for avatars. And also the profile info besides the posts is a little sparse. The old statistics below the avatars were much more informative.

Pandacmonium

Nov 3, 2009
Thank A lot For Comeback .
But i think so Old Style is easy for use because show cover preview already all people can see the and download or not can choose
New style is nice but must check all topic the japanese font not support

kartg0058033

Jun 1, 2013
Hm, that is odd. If I click on your link I get the favicon. But my browser (Mozilla Firefox 30.0 on Windows 7 64-Bit) doesn't show it in the tabs. I also cleared the cache and reloaded the page. Still no favicon in the tab.

Any suggestions?

This thread might explain the detailed reason about not showing the favicon in Mozilla Firefox in technical aspect.
PS. In the nutshell, the secret was the extra (sqlite) cache for favicons in Firefox, which is not cleared by the regular "Clear Cache" command.
How about close the web browser and then re-open it?

Last edited:
Reactions: CodeGeek

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
This thread might explain the detailed reason about not showing the favicon in Mozilla Firefox in technical aspect.
PS. In the nutshell, the secret was the extra (sqlite) cache for favicons in Firefox, which is not cleared by the regular "Clear Cache" command.
How about close the web browser and then re-open it?
Thank you for the info. :)

thething

May 27, 2008
I like the new look, but the navigation is AWFUL . You cannot go from one post to the next, which is what I really liked about your old site. Now you have to click a post, the return to the list to go to the next post. VERY BAD ... can you fix this?

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
the signature option is not activated in the profile (yet), so some sigs look rather messy, but atm you cannot edit it unless chompy adds it to the profile entry list.

First post / last post - when a forum subform is marked as unread and you click a marked as unread thread you will be leaded to the newest / last post normally, but if it is not marked as unread you will be leaded to the first post, I guess (at least that is what I am used to reg. Xenforo).

bluetop5

Jan 14, 2010
Welcome back.

Sorry it took so long, we had to convert our whole db.

Hopefully it's working properly.

Let us know what you think, what's broken, and what you can't do that you used to be able to and all that stuff.

Welcome back.

Sorry it took so long, we had to convert our whole db.

Hopefully it's working properly.

Let us know what you think, what's broken, and what you can't do that you used to be able to and all that stuff.
thanks for keeping this site going

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I'm missing the 'today's downloads' where you can get an overview (inc screenshots) of what's been posted: jav. idol, manga, etc..

we will have to look into it
i also show no japanese font support. here's a sample

View attachment 169802

edit: forgot to say i have japanese character installed in my language pack and had no problems before

Me too. :(
I guess that not all of the Japanese characters encoded in the same character set. Maybe some of them are in Shift-JIS, but some are in UTF-8...

thanks for all your hard work

that was what happened on vBulletin, that is another reason why we changed boards

it is fine now

Reactions: Am I Fat?

cszelio

May 6, 2012
Hard work guys. Nice to have you back. Although, i prefer the expanded look of the posts of the old JAV section so i don't have to open each thread and go back to the forum and open the next thread. But either way welcome back :)

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Thanks a lot for all your hard work! Looks great! I will check it out more when I have the time.

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
Yay, we're back.

So far it seems a lot faster than the old server. I'm having some troubles making the forums remember I want threads sorted by creation date instead of by last post. I have to set it each time I visit a forum. Other than that, things look great.

guai

Jan 14, 2007
honestly, I hate this new UI.
on the torrent thread, I could see previous pictures and download torrent of each post before without clicking the post.
now I should click each post to see the details. very inconvenient.

garbro77

Oct 15, 2010
I like the new format, my thanks to everyone who worked so hard to bring back my favorite Forum! Thanks also for keeping the edit feature live long after a post was made. I just fixed all the Chinese-language video titles in my Usenet thread (yes, it wasn't only Japanese characters that got messed up). The new edit function is nice & quick compared to the old one.
And thank heaven, the attachments (NZB's) are still there this time, no re uploads are necessary!
Nice to be back here, thanks again!

I just noticed, NZB files aren't included in the attachments that can be uploaded to a post, like last time. Can someone please add NZB to the allowed file types? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

IdolFun

★ ☆ I Am God ☆★
Super Moderator
Oct 16, 2007
BTW, why do I show up as a "new" member? I've been a member here for many many years. I have used the same profile/user name/ password, etc to log in.

Must likely it goes by number of posts

Status
Not open for further replies.