Not open for further replies.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Welcome back.

Sorry it took so long, we had to convert our whole db.

Hopefully it's working properly.

Let us know what you think, what's broken, and what you can't do that you used to be able to and all that stuff.

Jul 21, 2009
Great to be back! Thanks for your hard work!

Reactions: CoolKevin

ookaminotamashii

Mar 21, 2007
Looks great! Haven't had opportunity to test drive it thoroughly yet, but the design is attractive. Like it so far! Good job; thanks for all your hard work. Missed ya but glad you're back!

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Thank You chompy for all your hard work

the like button is the new name for the thanks button, it is below each post, on the bottom right, next to reply

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Back again from the back again - or something like that. ;)
Thanks to the fact that chompy movied the database to the 2nd server the forum is now really fast. Unfortunately it also means that we lost - again - some posts. In my case I also had to re-edit my signature.
Let's hope that this will be the last time for a long time.

One thing which is missing are the albums and social groups. I guess that also means that the content of these features are lost, right?

Before the last relaunch I saw only that people liked a post, but not who liked it. Seems that is fixed now.

How can I mark a sub forum as read? I don't see any button, but maybe I'm simply blind.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Some problems have been carried over. As member @javhoarder discovered, one is text in shift-jis (i.e. in the editor) being saved as UTF-8 and encoded incorrectly (i.e as if it were ASCII) by vBulletin, however Xenforo is (unlike vB) fully UTF-8 compatible, therefore this only affects those threads that have already been made with the error (the garbage text posts you see)

"Groups" and "Albums" don't exist in vanilla Xenforo, however the possibility remains of their being reinstated (including importing content from the vB) in the future, however it is not a priority.

We still need smilies, any recommendations other than the ones we had?

And we're probably gonna look into changing the theme somewhat.

Lastly, the site is now on two servers, one a dedicated MySQL box. It will take a little while to figure out the optimal settings for MySQL, so please report any strange behaviour.

Last edited:

kartg0058033

Jun 1, 2013
小倉優子 is Yuko Ogura

BTW, 小倉優子 might be Traditional Chinese characters (encoded in Big5 or etc...), so if you want to test Japanese character (encoded in Shift-JIS), you might post something like ひらがな/ヒラガナ(平仮名)or かたかな/カタカナ(片仮名):)

Thanks chompy! The site is pretty beautiful in design, and it's much faster than before!

Last edited:

bpx

Sep 19, 2009
Looking awesome so far, might actually put up avatar and signature again soon. Hope load stays nice like this too once word goes around the site is back.

It would be great if the forum could get set to a fixed width . I got a big monitor with 1440p resolution and a maximized browser makes the forum really stretched.

Status
Not open for further replies.