1. Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

New Board Software, New Server

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by chompy, Jun 19, 2014.

1. C00Lzero

C00Lzero Administrator Conqueror

i can't reproduce this.
    anyone else that got this error? For me it works fine - on firefox and chrome; Windows and mac :/

done~

2. granatnik

granatnik Akiba Citizen

It's not weird that other browsers might not expose the same behaviour ww Pale Moon is effectively barred from viewing this subforum, so am I supposed to look for another browser or something? Just when Firefox has dropped support for tab groups? *sniff*

3. granatnik

granatnik Akiba Citizen

4. C00Lzero

i don't actually have the control how large the first image in the thread is.
    All this addon/hack does is looking for the first img-tag and then putting them on the preview.
    I can't acutally re-render the picture without having to completely rewrite the script and making it a lot more complex - with local caches of scaled images.
    This would effectifly mean shifting the traffic from the client through our servers - which would increase the network & traffic-load again (which isn't good)

Casshern2 and CoolKevin like this.
  5. granatnik

granatnik Akiba Citizen

^ Nope. It's only necessary to allow loading files only from sites with known thumbnail rules (like own attachments or twimg, for example).

6. granatnik

granatnik Akiba Citizen

I don't know how many times this might have been mentioned by others before, but mail notifications are still not working. The last I have received was at the end of November.

7. C00Lzero

mhm.
    according to the system we haven't send an email for around the last 6 hours.
    But normally we send out around 500 to 600 mails a day.

I'm going to check this.

edit
    There are 1382 message(s) in the outbound queue...

edit2
    all servers refusing our messages o.o

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    granatnik likes this.
  8. C00Lzero

nope. that won't be enough.
    even attatched pictures can be very large.
    As i said, this addon will just grep the first image in the post.
    if the user would have used thumbnails, it would only load the thumbnail. if they have attached the whole 10MB preview, then this one will be loaded.
    All that can be done would be forcing to use thumbnails.

Only loading pictures from some resources would result in a lot of whining from users not being able to hover over the pictures :/

Casshern2 and CoolKevin like this.
  9. C00Lzero

thanks to chompy, who talked to the ISP, they reopened the SMTP-Ports and we are now being able to send out messages again :)

10. granatnik

granatnik Akiba Citizen

A messy change in behaviour: clicking on the title of an unread thread doesn't lead to first unread post as it was before - it's required to snipe for infinitesimal arrow...

11. C00Lzero

khanhav likes this.
  12. C00Lzero

mhm. seems to be working here in "new Rei"
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-28 um 16.43.55.

i sometime ave this error on another forum.
    there seems to be a problem regarding local and remote caches, but i can't really modify it :/

granatnik likes this.
  13. granatnik

granatnik Akiba Citizen

Where are allowed attachment sizes available?

14. C00Lzero

nowhere.

global upload-limit is 8MB per file; independent of the number of files.

CoolKevin likes this.
  15. INever2

INever2 Well-Known Member

This is probably already known but looks like the last few day's jav torrent posts were all lost.

16. CoolKevin

CoolKevin Nutcase on the loose Staff Member Super Moderator

yes banned due to multiple accounts and multiple rule breaking

granatnik likes this.