New Board Software, New Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

moor2c

Feb 18, 2007
Great to be back, unbelievable upgrade and look ! Congrats to all your hard work and enthusiasm !
Arigatou gozaimasu
x9ow.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: CoolKevin

delorean

Jul 27, 2013
Thumb Nails on Torrents can be larger to prevent having to click open each link tab, as hovering over with the mouse cursor is not large enough...

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
New Smilies added (more onionheads :D )

@delorean: how large should they get?
ATM it will be sized to a max of 300px (either width or height)
imho it should be enough. Making it larger whould probably cause more problems to users which don't have FullHD-Resolution

edit
perhaps i think about making it a bit more responsible - so higher resolutions can get a higher resolution for the preview.
But that's atm not nr. 1 of our problems :)

Last edited:

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
New Smilies added (more onionheads :D )
YES, HE IS BACK! :cheers: And it seems there are more then before.
The only minus: The codes for the smileys are different than before.

As we are on new hardware now (if I'm corrent): Is there there a chance of a possibility that the mail notification will be enabled again? :maaf: :metabelo:

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
YES, HE IS BACK! :cheers: And it seems there are more then before.
The only minus: The codes for the smileys are different than before.
Yes i don't have the old codes or the old images.
So the new smilies are named according to their filenames ^^'

As we are on new hardware now (if I'm corrent): Is there there a chance of a possibility that the mail notification will be enabled again? :maaf: :metabelo:
I'm working on this, but its a bit gassy, since i have to coordinate this with chompy (he must pay it :D ) and then add this to the existing configuration.
And since we got a few other small problems atm, we have more or less stalled the process of getting back the mail notification atm.
But it's not forgotten :)

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
:hi: thank you kind sir, :lalala::cheers:

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Eh, maybe one thing about the smilies: Luckily we have now so many of them again. But I'm missing one thing: A selector when writing a post. If I want to use them I visit the Smilies page at the moment.
But that doesn't have any priority. It's just a little bit annoying. ;)

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Ah, yes, and one thing I realized because I pushed the wrong button when replying a moment ago: Now the accepted file types as well as maximum file size are displayed in an additional dialogue / CSS layer.
Upload a File (Max 4 MB):

Accepted file types: zip, txt, pdf, png, jpg, jpeg, jpe, gif, torrent, rar
That's great. :)
Unfortunately it's only if you use "More options" and press the "Upload a File" button there. If you use the "Upload a File" button directly the file selector will just pop up - like before. ;)

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
hey,
we have re-activated e-mail notifications.
You will now receive emails vom noreply@akiba.email (yes we are modern and using new TLDs :D )

don't reply to the emails you'll get - they will be all dropped at the mailserver.
The Contact-Form is not yet working, since it will send the mails to noreply - we are working on this :)

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
hey,
we have re-activated e-mail notifications.
You will now receive emails vom noreply@akiba.email (yes we are modern and using new TLDs :D )

don't reply to the emails you'll get - they will be all dropped at the mailserver.
The Contact-Form is not yet working, since it will send the mails to noreply - we are working on this :)
Thank you a lot, C00Lzero. :cheers: And the layout of the mails looks also nice. :top:

QuinteTech

Permission Denied
Aug 29, 2014
I had to create new account as the old one cannot be used. The board keep displaying "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." when I tried to access user control panel or view threads.

Anyway.. it does not really matter though as my old account was used mostly for lurking.

Welcome back, Akiba-Online!

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
can you tell me the name of your old account, so that i can look into it?

QuinteTech

Permission Denied
Aug 29, 2014
can you tell me the name of your old account, so that i can look into it?
Nah. It's fine. I'm cool with my current username. Besides, I kinda hate the old name. :D

I still sent you a PM (conversation) containing my old account name. Might be useful for debugging old, returning accounts that failed during migration.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
No albums......it is what it is there. We can upload files and attach or insert them easily in our posts though.

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
yes.
it's possible to buy an add-on.
but i have figured out, that it's not necessary.

We will move one of the public-servers to another node. So there can be a downtime for this server - a slower loading-time or even a non-loading page can be the result.
this shouldn't take so long, but just to inform you. (i don't know how long this will take, since the ISP will migrate it)

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
for the meantime
i present you: read/unread-icons for sub-forums (only on the Rei style)

Status
Not open for further replies.