New Board Software, New Server

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mustifly

Sep 18, 2007
THANK YOU ALL YOUR EFFORTS KEEPING BEST SITE EVER,but the new version cant work,it was easy one touch the see all torrent in the one page thats pitty :confused:

Reactions: CoolKevin

Tarkus666

Apr 18, 2012
Thanks for you efforts. The new design looks much slicker and it appears that the board is faster now. I know it has been raised before but my only concern is the lack of the "latest posts with the image". The board is a victim of its success in that there is just so much content that I find it next to impossible to remotely keep up and opening every new post would become a full time job. Just my opinion though and once again thanks for all your efforts.

idolmonger

Jan 8, 2009
Welcome back.

Sorry it took so long, we had to convert our whole db.

Hopefully it's working properly.

Let us know what you think, what's broken, and what you can't do that you used to be able to and all that stuff.
I may be posting in the wrong area, but in the torrent sections i don't see the links for the torrents? new board looks great.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I may be posting in the wrong area, but in the torrent sections i don't see the links for the torrents? new board looks great.

not sure where you was looking but here

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007

loveIdols

Nov 7, 2007
Glad to see akiba back online.

However, this board software looks like a step back to me both aestethically and functionally. Few examples:

- Attachments take up a lot of (unnecessary) space and thumbs often do not show.
- Board notices sometimes produce 500 internal server error when X (close/dismiss notice) is clicked.
- We lost all karma points info and all thanks, also why am I showing as a new member when I am not?
- Like button? Is that tied to Facebook or is it just the equivalent of the previous Thanks button? I sincerely hope it's not the former or many will be in deep trouble.

Finally, what happened to neat thread naming and tags?

Looking at the JI section it is impossible to know what is in the thread (i.e. DVDISO, MP4, MKV), sometimes even the original post does not have that info.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Glad to see akiba back online.

However, this board software looks like a step back to me both aestethically and functionally. Few examples:

- Attachments take up a lot of (unnecessary) space and thumbs often do not show.
- Board notices sometimes produce 500 internal server error when X (close/dismiss notice) is clicked.
- We lost all karma points info and all thanks, also why am I showing as a new member when I am not?
- Like button? Is that tied to Facebook or is it just the equivalent of the previous Thanks button? I sincerely hope it's not the former or many will be in deep trouble.

Finally, what happened to neat thread naming and tags?

Looking at the JI section it is impossible to know what is in the thread (i.e. DVDISO, MP4, MKV), sometimes even the original post does not have that info.

attachments have always been there

thumbs not showing, I have not had that many problems

500 internal server error, mainly started this weekend, possibly a server error

karma points info, no idea what that is

Like button, it is the old thanks button

it is members that name threads

tags we will be working on and hopefully getting soon

iceman12

Dec 8, 2010
So u guys are not working with thumbnail view in Torrent section ? Now I have to click every topic one by one : (

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
Just be a bit paitient.
i've got the code ready.

Just waiting for chompy to take the next steps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.