Keep2Share Promotion [Old]

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
With only a registration required for posting, maybe that will encourage others to share more and possibly help with requests if they've never done so before.

Last edited by a moderator:

italianbrute

Mar 28, 2009
20gb daily download limit for premium account is very little download bandwidth. Any possibility of making it higher?

^^ This. I usually only hit 80 ~ 150 gb per month but all of it on two or three weekends out of the month, so definitely higher than 20 gb in one day but much less than 20 gb per day averaged. This will get annoying if I have to baby the downloads over multiple days as I don't leave my system on overnight. At the very least make it based off an average or a monthly total instead of daily so there's more flexibility.

Reactions: 4 people

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
20gb daily download limit for premium account is very little download bandwidth. Any possibility of making it higher?

yes something has just occurred to me some Blu-Ray dvds are up as high as 25 GB, and I know of 3 boxed sets, with at least 2 discs

Reactions: 5 people

drc

Dec 17, 2006
yes something has just occurred to me some Blu-Ray dvds are up as high as 25 GB, and I know of 3 boxed sets, with at least 2 discs

For me, mirror links would be one kind of solution for files that large in size. Although I must say an increase on the download limits offered by keep2share would be very helpful and very much appreciated.

Reactions: 4 people

rayheng0595

Akiba Citizen
Mar 8, 2008
90 days for files which no body download per 90 days. if file have min 1 download per 90 days file life is unlimited. (so active files not get deleted) Also if nobody download uploaders files but he think thet soon he get downloads he also can "restore them" (per 7 days after deleting, we store 7 days deleted files in "bin")

Can free user recover deleted files without download in 30 days via the "bin"?

How can I move my files from "root directory" to a folder?

Can I do multiupload with my browser on moneyplatform? I haven't found the way yet. But with keep2share it's feasible (3 simultaneous upload at one time).

penny

Jan 7, 2009

That's nothing. A high profile PC game can be as big as 30-something GB, not including patches/updates or addons/expansions, if any. I don't wanna attack nobody and nothing here so I hope nobody gets offended by my comment but my concern is K2S' daily bandwith is significantly lesser than what most hosters can provide to their premium members. Once again, no offense.

zoolanimal

jav fisting connoisseur
Apr 29, 2009
anyone getting only fileboom.me links?

i just uploaded clips to keep2share by ftp and, of course, got a simultaneous uploads to both my keep2share account and and to my new fileboom.me account and have gotten links solely to http://fboom.me

is this what i should be expecting or should i have gotten simultaneous links to both fileboom.me and keep2share?

i am not particularly complaining because for the most part what i post would be considered "extreme" i do not, however, want to run afoul the mandatory keep2share post requirements

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
i just uploaded clips to keep2share by ftp and, of course, got a simultaneous uploads to both my keep2share account and and to my new fileboom.me account and have gotten links solely to http://fboom.me

Funny, it was exactly the opposite for me. The files are in both accounts, but I can only get the keep2share links from the uploaders website.
You can get links for both if you get the links directly from keep2share or your fileboom account though(at least I can).

After a little digging, I think you can choose which is displayed by changing the domain in the template section which is located in profile -> link settings.
Doesn't look like there's a way to get both at the same time though.

Reactions: 2 people

zoolanimal

jav fisting connoisseur
Apr 29, 2009
that is a bit of a problem don't you think?

i hope i don't have to change my profile each time i go to get keep2share links and visa versa

i will consult with k2s/fb.me support

Borton

Oct 28, 2012
My experience with Keep2Share has been worrying. Just tried to buy a 90 day premium account, entered all of my information, including credit card number, exp date, security code, pressed PAY NOW, and the Keep2Share system gave an error message stating that my credit card number was incorrect. It wasn't. I tried again, and again the same wrong error message. The site then steers you to multiple repayer options. For a Paypal invoice, I had to click on a live chat box and request an invoice be emailed to me. However, instead of $39, they wanted $50.

This seems like a scam, and, worse, I've sent them sensitive information.

colweb

Jade Collector
Uploader
Sep 2, 2010
Hi All,

After reading all the post in this thread, I'm wondering about the following: some say that after uploading to moneyplatform they got fboom.me links and some get k2s links. I do have k2s premium but I can't use it to download as premium user from fboom.me.

So that means I have to buy another premium account by fboom.me. In other words, instead of having 1 mandatory hoster (RS) we now have 2 (k2s and fboom.me).

The strange thing is that a friend of mine who also has a k2s premium acocunt can download from fboom.me as if he has a premium account there as well. But when I asked k2s about it they say that k2s is different then fboom.me and you have to buy a new premium account by fboom.me???

So, what is the story? When do you get k2s links and when fboom.me links when you upload to moneyplatform?

Reactions: 1 person

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
moneyplatform uploads to both at the same time, but only show links for one. It's possible to always get keep2share links if this is what the uploader want, they just have to change the setting I talked about in my earlier post(or there's a dropdown box to quickly change it when you look at the links).

After seeing that my fileboom account was showing me links for keep2share, I tried something and it seems the links for both are identical so all you have to do is change the k2s.cc to fboom.me(and vice-versa) in the link url to download from one host or the other(assuming the uploader is using moneyplatform).

That means an uploader can change the template to something like this and get both at the same time:
PHP:
http://fboom.me{relativeUrl}/{urlName}
[url=http://k2s.cc{relativeUrl}/{urlName}]{name} - {size}[/url]
[url=http://fboom.me{relativeUrl}/{urlName}]{name} - {size}[/url]

Which will display(it should be k2s.cc in the third box, it was a typo on my part which is fixed in the template above):
attachment.php

Attachments

• moneyplatform_links.jpg
    moneyplatform_links.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 516
Reactions: 5 people

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
My experience with Keep2Share has been worrying. Just tried to buy a 90 day premium account, entered all of my information, including credit card number, exp date, security code, pressed PAY NOW, and the Keep2Share system gave an error message stating that my credit card number was incorrect. It wasn't. I tried again, and again the same wrong error message. The site then steers you to multiple repayer options. For a Paypal invoice, I had to click on a live chat box and request an invoice be emailed to me. However, instead of $39, they wanted $50.

This seems like a scam, and, worse, I've sent them sensitive information.

The extra money would be what the reseller takes. They pay $39 to set up your account as that is the k2s cost, they pocket the rest as they are a service that you are paying for. Hopefully you'll be able to pay on the site directly at some point.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
moneyplatform uploads to both at the same time, but only show links for one. It's possible to always get keep2share links if this is what the uploader want, they just have to change the setting I talked about in my earlier post.

After seeing that my fileboom account was showing me links for keep2share, I tried something and it seems the links for both are identical so all you have to do is change the k2s.cc to fboom.me(and vice-versa) in the link url to download from one host or the other(assuming the uploader is using moneyplatform).

True. When I use the feature to display links the simple dropdown at at the top is all I need to change the URLs. I only upload to one place.

attachment.php

Borton

Oct 28, 2012
The extra money would be what the reseller takes. They pay $39 to set up your account as that is the k2s cost, they pocket the rest as they are a service that you are paying for. Hopefully you'll be able to pay on the site directly at some point.

I understand that the reseller is taking a cut, but I don't understand why k2s's system didn't take my card correctly - it's an ecommerce site, and it should just work with the requested major credit card, end of story. What's more, the invoice from the reseller seemed really dodgy. The numerous reseller options made me think that the main site isn't completely on the up-and-up.

Reactions: 1 person

hero7788

Dec 23, 2011
It is safe to buy a life time premium from Keep2share? I remember File Serve or Sonic also had that =/

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Multiply the cost against how many months you think the host will be up and hedge your bet. Even if it goes down in a year it still may a cost advantage. But....the unwritten rule in this game is never do that.

Mar 28, 2008
It is safe to buy a life time premium from Keep2share? I remember File Serve or Sonic also had that =/
If you can afford it, then do it. Dont listen to anyone else, just do it (this sentence is contradicting). Its cost efficient and once k2s starts catching on, that option may no longer be there. Grandfather yourself in while u can. If that scenario doesnt happen, it is still cost efficient.
Multiply the cost against how many months you think the host will be up and hedge your bet. Even if it goes down in a year it still may a cost advantage. But....the unwritten rule in this game is never do that.
I dont understand what you are trying to state with your sig? Are you calling yourself a Premieres?

Status
Not open for further replies.