FileJoker Sponsorship

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

zoolanimal

jav fisting connoisseur
Apr 29, 2009
hey xbrit,

if you haven't figured it out but filejoker definitely has some technical issues wrong with it. i am in the US and searched. around and got an international debit card, one that had a track record for being used in europe and asia in the currencies of those countries (including japan btw). using that card I got premium accounts at five other file hosts and not a problem. I also made purchases to two different Japanese websites to purchase video and then ship it to me in the USA, and the card worked fine. but when i attempt to purchase a filejoker account what do you think happens? I go to use the international debit card (from one of the listed acceptable American multinational financial services corporations) and filejoker does not recognize the security code on my card is valid. I try that several times and the card is invalid each subsequent time used. support tickets were sent on two different occasions and no response whatsoever. I am guessing that missives to support by free users are probably ignored.

I then systematically went down the list of "resellers" and settled for the hotfilepremiumstore. I got a year account through the "reseller" which I could not have gotten from filejoker since for a year account payments had to be made by bitcoin, other alternatives, but not credit cards. if filejoker could take a credit card for a year account and the credit card would actually work it would have cost € 64.95 / year or about $70.78 USD. through the reseller the cost for a one year premium account was $86.02 USD so I paid $15.24 USD extra or about $1.27 USD / month more. an extra cost but I can live with it.

more importantly how should we analyze how this transaction was handled? is it miscoding of the payment portion of the website and sloppy or nonexistent support? or is it something else that is actually intended to generate more revenue for the website? look at the costs of getting a two month account (assuming my debit card would have worked) and you can see I saved $1.06 USD purchasing a year account through a reseller. woo! woo!

Last edited:

greta

Dec 30, 2009
I have a filejoker premium account.For 5 days i try to download ! I could not download one single file !!!
After a few seconds the download stops and then nothing .
I have written a few emails to filejoker - no answer !!
I am very disappointed.
By the way all other filehosts work fine.
Greta

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Filejoker have fixed all problems with their merchant services so getting premium accounts should be easier now.

We have set up the forum to reject new posts/threads that do not contain filejoker links in them in the Direct Downloads subforums. The sole exception to this is the Fetish JAV Downloads section, since certain types of files are against FileJoker's policy.

alexxx

May 8, 2009
why i cannot access file jocker direct download link? it failed loading and detail write my internet connection
PLS help

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
We have set up the forum to reject new posts/threads that do not contain filejoker links in them in the Direct Downloads subforums. The sole exception to this is the Fetish JAV Downloads section, since certain types of files are against FileJoker's policy.

I didn't think about it last time, but how will people reply asking for re-uploads or comment on posts if it's required to have a filejoker link to make a post? The lesbian thread often has discussion on videos to come or stuff like that.

Without the community, it wouldn't be as interesting to post stuff.

Reactions: zoolanimal

Yipman

JAVsearcher
Uploader
Jul 28, 2013
Filejoker have fixed all problems with their merchant services so getting premium accounts should be easier now.

i can't put filejoker links under protected links anymore. I hope there's a way around this

zoolanimal

jav fisting connoisseur
Apr 29, 2009
I didn't think about it last time, but how will people reply asking for re-uploads or comment on posts if it's required to have a filejoker link to make a post? The lesbian thread often has discussion on videos to come or stuff like that.

Without the community, it wouldn't be as interesting to post stuff.

SamKook, personally I have always thought the lesbian thread should be in the "fetish downloads" subsection. from everything I have read certainly in japan "lesbian" is considered a fetish, albeit not an extreme fetish, as I am wont to post. of course, that doesn't solve the real gist of your question - the new rule requiring a filejoker link to make a post requesting uploads or comment on posts does seem to eliminate the type of thing you would seek to protect.

I would like to point out that the solution to this dilemma is in SamKook's signature line, which contains the hex editor solution to ferreting out fake posts. the simple solution is to create what would essentially be a fake post. with official sanction, anytime there is a request or comment post - post with that request/comment a small fake or txt file, that could be called "This is a request/comment post" and that would stop the bot from automatically eliminating your post.

here's what I am suggesting:

everyone making a legitimate request or legitimate post something like the above. it would be incumbent upon users of any thread using this method to circumvent akiba-online bots to self-moderate and give notice to moderators of trolls or other violators.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoolKevin

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
The problem with faking the links is that the people this new feature is meant to protect us against could do it too so the mods would still have to rely on reported post and them looking around which would basically render the feature useless.

Also, it would be better to enable the whitelist type of feature before forbidding new post without filejoker links or we'll lose a lot of links or will be forced to create fake filejoker links as some people are already doing.

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
yes, that's also a thing we are discussing within the team.
as i have understood, this feature was also active von vbulletin, so don't know if it's that bad.
we sure are depended on reports, especially for fake-links.

Fake-links sure is bad, but the consensus atm is that we can handle this.
Though we probably have to change the rules, since every post is atm be forced to have filejoker links.
(or i'm going to change the plugin that only the first post in a thread has to have filejoker links)

again here the information: if you are not an elite use (black username) and are using linkcrypters please contact the team. You will then manually be added to an uploader-group which will give you the right to post such links.
please contact: coolkevin, redrooster and me in one conversation (for the fastest possible action)
another option is to report your own post/Thread and ask there :)

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
as i have understood, this feature was also active von vbulletin, so don't know if it's that bad.

Active as in we could only post if we had certain links in our post? I never noticed that in the past 6 years.

The feature certainly isn't that bad, but if it's being applied to every single post, then it would mean a lot of changes in the way we do things and it would require a period of time to move the conversation to new threads outside of the section and us uploaders would be receiving a lot more pms and/or profiles messages since there wouldn't be a single place people could easily ask/look at for re-upload requests. A warning this would happen would have been nice(although we kind of had one with the first failed attempt, I just didn't realize the extend of it at the time since it was brought down too fast) so we could prepare.

again here the information: if you are not an elite use (black username) and are using linkcrypters please contact the team. You will then manually be added to an uploader-group which will give you the right to post such links.
please contact: coolkevin, redrooster and me in one conversation (for the fasted possible action)
another option is to report your own post/Thread and ask there :)
Was this said elsewhere? If it was, I missed it, but it's good to know, as well as the more detailed explanation about the change to the username color you posted a link of in the bug thread.

At least I now know why my last post went through, I though this was brought down again.

Looking forward to what will be decided so we can adapt accordingly.

NYBpro

New York Buttman
May 17, 2012
This new rule is killing certain forums. For example. I couldn't reply to a post without having to put some filejoker link. The Jitsuroku forum for example also has been dying a slow death. I couldn't post a link to an original thread because I needed some filejoker link. I don't understand this. Why do we need a file joker link just for a reply or when we are trying to post a link to an original thread?

For non uploaders. And those who like to comment on posts. This is surely killing certain forums...

Reactions: _2old_
Mar 28, 2008
This new rule is killing certain forums. For example. I couldn't reply to a post without having to put some filejoker link. The Jitsuroku forum for example also has been dying a slow death. I couldn't post a link to an original thread because I needed some filejoker link. I don't understand this. Why do we need a file joker link just for a reply or when we are trying to post a link to an original thread?

For non uploaders. And those who like to comment on posts. This is surely killing certain forums...
It shouldnt be doing that at all.

You should be able to make a post with it linking another thread without having to put filejoker links it.

NYBpro

New York Buttman
May 17, 2012
It shouldnt be doing that at all.

You should be able to make a post with it linking another thread without having to put filejoker links it.

I promise it did it. At first all I did was p[ost a simple link to an original thread and that warning message popped up. Saying I need a filejoker link. Perhaps there is a mix up in the code.
It won't even allow me to delete my previous posts that I had in Jitsuroku. Perhaps you can try Shinigamie.

feverish8

feverish
Sep 11, 2007
filejoker still does not work with Safari.
filejoker still has no way of purchasing premium with credit card or paypal
filejoker servers are still rarely accessible in all of USA - need proxy to connect 95% of the time

NYBpro

New York Buttman
May 17, 2012
I barely know anyone who even remotely uses filejoker or wants to. Especially US visitors. I never even heard of them before this rule came into effect. So I'm baffled why this site would force it's users to use it...

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Because without them, there might be no site.

NYBpro

New York Buttman
May 17, 2012
Because without them, there might be no site.

Ok that's understandable. But why the strict posting rules. I can't even reply to a thread without having to place a filejoker link. And I'm not even posting any links. Just wanting to reply or link to an original thread. Just doesn't make sense. Only Elite member can post without having to place filejoker links....

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
They're still working on it.

We'll either have a clear separation between the download section and the discussion one or they'll modify the change to only apply to the first post(or find a third option). These things take time to do and decide since it's always a balance between what's good for the site and what's good for the users which is not an easy thing to find and it's a lot of work to implement properly.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
we are looking into how to post,

as for sponsorship, all boards need money to run them, ,and the unfortunate thing is many posters chose not to use filejoker links, and it took the mods hours going through many threads, just to check, on top of the 100s of reports, and many are suspended

that is just a flaw in the system