Long life for AKIBA-ONLINE
Regards

torenz

Tegumi
Jun 22, 2012
Where ever you went, Okaerinasai :inlove:

fivestar

Aug 1, 2008
Before the complains start, we know already that some important parts of the old forum are missing or not functioning properly:

- All posts attachments (including all torrents files)
- The friends list
- The profile messages
- The user albums
- The clubs (*sob* *sob*)
- The profile, avatar pictures and signatures that were stored internally
- The thanks given from and/or to other users
- The reputation (do we still need it?)
- The thanks button (to be re-inserted)
- Alternative forum skins (to be added)
- The 'onion' smileys (to be added hopefully)

The search option is broken, and there are probably others things that I don't have in mind right now.

The forum structure has changed, which means all links to other posts/threads are broken too.

Anyway the most important is: WE ARE BACK FOR GOOD!!! ALL HAIL CHOMPY-SAMA!!! :cool:

Thanks for the mammoth effort to get the site back - priceless

zorro105

Aug 29, 2013
also my old bookmark gets a 404 error, which is a bummer in chrome lol although i dont see a change in the url itself the bookmark leads to a 404 and you have to manually type in url to get to the homepage

The old URL are something like : http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?1216579&p=20
And the new URL : http://www.akiba-online.com/showthread.php?1216579-We-re-back/page20

Remove the "/forum" and change "&p" into "/page" and it should work.
But if your bookmarks are posts and not thread, then I'm afraid it's gone.
You can try in the google cache.

Gir633

Señor Member
Oct 28, 2008
Thanks for the work in bringing back the forum.:wahey:

I thought it was still down because I kept getting the 404 error when checking on my home computer with bookmarks, but then when I checked on another computer and goggled the address it was up. But then back home it was down again, that's when it dawned on me the bookmark was for a page no longer there. :sigh:

At least the onion smiles survived and it looks like there are some new ones too.

Reactions: 1 person

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Thanks for the work in bringing back the forum.:wahey:

I thought it was still down because I kept getting the 404 error when checking on my home computer with bookmarks, but then when I checked on another computer and goggled the address it was up. But then back home it was down again, that's when it dawned on me the bookmark was for a page no longer there. :sigh:

yes new server

At least the onion smiles survived and it looks like there are some new ones too.

these are fresh ones

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 person

kof orochi 97

Mar 12, 2012
Awesome Akiba Online back!....just having a problem with my signature... i try to chance my signature
but I cant...the save buttom dont save the chance...(sorry for my english)

Last edited by a moderator:

krusty69

Dec 3, 2009
Thanks to Chompy and everyone else on getting AO back online. Sure missed you guys. :confetti::beautifu2:

endgame

Apr 14, 2009
I don't know the circumstances surrounding the (temporary) fall of A-O (other than it having to do with a certain mafia-like organization within the U.S. wielding the DMCA cannon), but I'm glad to see you guys back up and running. I'm absolutely positive I cannot comprehend the effort it took to restore this place to where it is now, but know that your efforts do not go unappreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.