Status
Not open for further replies.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Sorry for the delay, we had serious issues.

1. Attachments were lost. They're not coming back. All old torrent threads have been moved to the Torrent Graveyard
2. Yes, the theme isn't pretty. We will install a new theme within the coming days (we figured getting back to life was more important)
3. Not everything works YET. If you spot any issues, please let us know.
4. Suggestions for improvements are always welcome.

UPDATES:
- Added avatar/signature functionality. Your avatar/profile/signature won't be restored, please add them yourself
- Fixed "Downloads" and "Torrents" page being broken for some members (will expand to subcategories, and add sidebars soon)
- Allowed NZB attachments

Any other things that are missing or don't work, post in this thread or PM a staff member

Last edited:

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
now that we are back, I would like you all to thank Chompy, in all the hard work he has had to put in over these past few weeks to get us back online, and not only online, and with various parties involved

Thank You Chompy

I would also like to thank all those who came in IRC, and gave us there help and support through these trying times (and it is always there for those who want to join in)

#akiba@irc.rizon.net or irc://irc.rizon.net/akiba

Last edited by a moderator:

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
Before the complains start, we know already that some important parts of the old forum are missing or not functioning properly:

- All posts attachments (including all torrents files)
- The friends list
- The profile messages (but not the private messages)
- The user albums
- The clubs (*sob* *sob*)
- The profile pictures, avatar pictures and signatures that were stored internally
- The thanks given from and/or to other users
- The reputation (do we still need it?)
- The thanks button (to be re-inserted)
- Alternative forum skins (to be added) (at least we same more than one 'good' skin)
- The 'onion' smileys (to be added hopefully)

The search option is broken, The search option is buggy with japanese text codes having less than 4 letters or 4 numbers, and there are probably others things that I don't have in mind right now.

The forum structure has changed, which means all links to other posts/threads are broken too.

Anyway the most important is: WE ARE BACK FOR GOOD!!! ALL HAIL CHOMPY-SAMA!!! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

loveGIANT

レズ JAV's only!
Staff member
Nov 4, 2011
Thanks to everyone who worked hard to get this page back up. Kudos and huge thanks =)

Reactions: 2 people

qwerty07

Mar 3, 2010
Don't know if I like this.

Has there been an explanation as to why this needed to happen? I prefer the old one because I could look through "Jav torrents" and find all the newest torrent with their covers.

Reactions: 1 person

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
Don't know if I like this.

Has there been an explanation as to why this needed to happen? I prefer the old one because I could look through "Jav torrents" and find all the newest torrent with their covers.

there is a torrent and a download button on top besides the forum button, so it is the same as before

Reactions: 1 person

khanzai

Feb 7, 2008
Great to have AO back online. Thanks to everyone who put in effort to get this site up working.

cheers.

camp84

Nov 3, 2009
What happened to the u15 torrents forums sec........ oohhh wait... i just readed the top message... anyway, thanks 4 coming back.

leisen

Sep 17, 2012
because this site does not appear in the manga image manga hentai download equal in the old vcs vao leave settings this site equal to the old one?

_2old_

Love those pretty panties
Jun 29, 2010
Thanks for bringing akiba-online back to us, I've missed this place :)

(I also miss my Avatar but I guess that'll be fixed soon).

Great work guys, and again, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.