Ryushare Promotion (suspended)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drc

Dec 17, 2006
If Akiba had it's own ftp server I would be willing to pay a monthly fee just like I have been doing with file hosting services such as ryushare which unfortunately get taken down by those who want to dictate what we can or can't do on the internet.

Reactions: 1 person

yaa

Feb 13, 2014
I did suggested having a list that is allowed in here but no one even cared since "The Ryushare Promotion" got some hefty budgets.

Required Host Rule and Preferred Hosts List should be implemented ASAP to continue the highest quality in our forum. Please do take note the biggest adult forums are implementing this kind of rule. You can take a look at the forums or PM me for the list of the links we can hold on as of this moment. Please do remember these are the links that are really reliable and in favor of our majority of our free user members.

Reactions: 2 people

MXS-

Jan 6, 2009
I really wish the site admins would keep us updated on this major issue with ryushare. I thought there would be some countermeasures to prevent these things from happening and safeguard akiba.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Well...i have a question...:huh:...if Ryushare never comeback...which will be the main host in akiba-online??:huh:

before ryu share we never had a main host, just sponsors, but we did have a thread where discussion about filehosters,

I think it maybe a little time before all this settles down, but our eyes and ears are open, and things do change,

sorry for not giving a more solid answer,

Thank you everybody for your support

you are welcome and talk to us in IRC rizon.net #akiba link

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
[...] I thought there would be some countermeasures to prevent these things from happening and safeguard akiba.
About what kind of countermeasures do you think? In my opinion there isn't any protection possible against something like that. The protection would be using Torrent / eMule / DC++ / ... or opening an own file hoster (which is very unrealistic).

Reactions: 1 person

MXS-

Jan 6, 2009
Well that sucks. Ryushare is gone. Is there gonna be any backlash for the people who paid or got affiliated????? I seriously hope not as Akiba used Ryushare quite a bit. I'm not sure of the countermeasures but securing connections, encryption and investigating filehosts would be best. I don't like where the internet is going with all these takedowns, restrictions and censorship. I know for a fact that akiba has been up and down for a while but thankfully, is still here!!! We are dealing in a very unpredictable hobby of filesharing here......is there another thread discussing this kind of stuff?

Im just curious, how did akiba decide to use ryushare as their main host? Did they do any research?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDuke07

Jan 15, 2009
Wow just fucking wow. 100s of JAV up only on ryushare with the torrents dead. Great job community. Another archive site killed by chasing a dollar. I guess it was too good to be true.

Oh and they wiped the database so this is one of the largest lost in a while. I guess other sites were wise banning Ryushare.

sliuman

Mar 16, 2008
Lucky that my sub to ryushare ran out on April 7th! But this sucks anyway! I suppose all we can do is wait for full confirmation really...

wwilk

Nov 20, 2009
Mine went till the 23rd and this is exactly the reason I never do more than 30 days on premium even though it is cheaper to do longer term.

TheDuke07

Jan 15, 2009
asfile only has 30 day shelf life and what's the free speeds like. This 100k one file per day shit is getting old

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Ryushare is dead and will be. What filehost will replacement for this?
I think asfile.com is better.

Check on the Direct Downloads sections, there are still active posters posting on other file hosts. If you want to continue to take advantage of their uploads, you'll have to get on with one of them, I suppose.

falcon26

Nov 7, 2009
Exactly why I only do 30 day premium. After the Hotfile, Oron shut down I learned my lesson. Now we have to see which file host becomes the most used. It looks like at the moment their are several being used, not a central one. And I'm not signing up with 3-4 hosts. I wish they would pick 1 maybe 2 and that was it....

TheDuke07

Jan 15, 2009
Why am I not surprised by this?

All affiliate paying filehosts are at risk. DMCA isn't enough they want companies to police their copyrights for them. They don't care how much legatimate cloud backups they kill in their wrath.

TheDuke07

Jan 15, 2009
Exactly why I only do 30 day premium. After the Hotfile, Oron shut down I learned my lesson. Now we have to see which file host becomes the most used. It looks like at the moment their are several being used, not a central one. And I'm not signing up with 3-4 hosts. I wish they would pick 1 maybe 2 and that was it....
Could try one of those multihosters. They're flakey at times but way cheaper and I usually have no trouble with the more popular hosts outside of the ones that don't play ball with multihosters (ryushare was one of them).

falcon26

Nov 7, 2009
What about LuckyShare as a file host? I use them for some other stuff, they have always been rock solid and I usually can get 3-4 megs down with them on premium.....

TheDuke07

Jan 15, 2009
We just need uploaders to have several mirrors. This whole endorsing one host is half the issue. Makes a host a target as they become too popular. See it happen all too often before. Whole boards killed because they endorsed and only uploaded on one host.

Status
Not open for further replies.