akiba resident JAV subtitlers & subtitle talk★NOT A SUB REQUEST THREAD★

maload

Jul 1, 2008
any one ever see the word " True calm " in subtitle.
what do you think about it ?

okay . i got it myself in 5 minute.

0+ truth (ji+ tsu*** something i forgot their pronoun ) +
so they translator it to .... skip o and then + the word " truth " in
and ちょっと have 7 meaning ++

its not just ..... wait a sec ++

when they add the word " the moon " in the subtitle ... may be its " like , love and such "

Last edited:
Reactions: Taako

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
So, how's everyone doing with their subs?
I'm doing 3 movies without subs. SNIS-158(It's finish), JUC-514(currently working on), STAR-843(currently working), and.. 2 hardcodes(RCTD-429), and PPPD-818(in the future :rolleyes:

Subbing is fun, but can stressful ngl That's why I do so many.

Reactions: koorshibainu

maload

Jul 1, 2008
i create 1 subtitle for 3 weeks now - -

mei2

Dec 6, 2018
In some subs I come across the phrase: "is it cheap", or "it is cheap". What does that mean? I looked for the sources of subs, and it seems that it comes from Chinese subs translation of "便宜嗎". Any idea?

Reactions: gingergauge

maload

Jul 1, 2008
In some subs I come across the phrase: "is it cheap", or "it is cheap". What does that mean? I looked for the sources of subs, and it seems that it comes from Chinese subs translation of "便宜嗎". Any idea?
i think its about " are you cumming " " i am cuming " and all about cumming
i see lots of subtitle used this word in "cumming scene "
but i dont know why they use the word "cheap " .

ssjgoku4

Jan 20, 2021
Because Cumming inside is cheap for them:boong:

• Haha

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Yes, I ran across it once when using Google translate once

maload

Jul 1, 2008
how to say " no condom " in jav ?

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Hey @Taako

There is this dude that shared a method in making subs using capcut in his phone
(https://scanlover.com/d/14859-autosub-auto-caption-using-capcut-apk)
(*i dont know if sharing links are allowed? I apologize if its not allowed I will remove it)

I would like to ask what are your thoughts about this and is really worth the try?
I haven't tried. From what I read and what every one said in his comments... it's a long process... but subtitling is long. Hate to break people spirits :p
Also, in the comments... he say it's 80% accurate and others say no. I think it depends on the movie IMO
***Might want to throw in a scene you have trouble understanding and see how well it does???

He's using the APK on the cellphone... If I was using the apk, it's on my PC(if possible)... then for splitting the scenes I might use MVKToolNix for that.

1. Remember you have to split the scenes in 10 mins increment... that's kinda like Pytranscriber or Autosub... IF you want a better chance to capture imo.
**** But I put the whole movie in there :rolleyes:, I like it helps with the timing codes.

2. Choose 3 scenes at a time, then click Capcut Text, and let it capture.
3. Text Copy OR Copy/Paste the text into the notepad(notepad++).
4. Use the notepad to create a .SRT file and then translate.

Pretty much what I do now. It seems ok but I don't know how accurate the subs are??? I will try it in the future to see ;)

Reactions: koorshibainu

Gaara9449

Lost in JAVslation
Mar 25, 2010
Hi Everyone, I would like to know, if the comunity have a good software or any hint for what i'm about to (try) to do.
Theres is a lot of english subs nowadays for JAVs, and a would like translate English .srt or .ass files into French.
Every advices to make it "easy and quick" as possible (even if i known it will probably not that easy and quick) will be greatly apréciated.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Hi Everyone, I would like to know, if the comunity have a good software or any hint for what i'm about to (try) to do.
Theres is a lot of english subs nowadays for JAVs, and a would like translate English .srt or .ass files into French.
Every advices to make it "easy and quick" as possible (even if i known it will probably not that easy and quick) will be greatly apréciated.
It depend on what you're trying to do, 1. just open .srt/.ass files or 2. find hardcoded subs?

If you have the .ass/.srt files... then simply open those files with notepad++.... then copy/paste those files to a translation app like Deepl or Google Translate.
They will translate. Then Copy/Paste over the original ones in notepad++, if you want.

**I don't know how good those translators are with French, so be sure to check.

Btw, I liked your signature. Yuma Asami, Momoka Nishina, Hitomi Tanaka are indeed some of my fave :p

Reactions: Gaara9449

maload

Jul 1, 2008

Had to look at my list :rolleyes: Namade yaru, 生でやる, Doing it raw.
thank you so much.

can you share " your word list" too? its really help ...

Last edited:

gingergauge

Jun 27, 2009

I think you can upload srt files to "subtitlecat.com" and it'll translate to any language you request.

Reactions: Gaara9449

Gaara9449

Lost in JAVslation
Mar 25, 2010
It depend on what you're trying to do, 1. just open .srt/.ass files or 2. find hardcoded subs?

If you have the .ass/.srt files... then simply open those files with notepad++.... then copy/paste those files to a translation app like Deepl or Google Translate.
They will translate. Then Copy/Paste over the original ones in notepad++, if you want.

**I don't know how good those translators are with French, so be sure to check.

Btw, I liked your signature. Yuma Asami, Momoka Nishina, Hitomi Tanaka are indeed some of my fave :p
Thanks for your answer, and for you to know i only work on .srt/.ass files i don't bother about hardcoded subtitles.

The way you tell me to do, is in fact, the way i allready do. This is not a bad way but, i still have to check almost 60% of the lines of dialogue, dues to somes wrong traductions or "expression" i have to translate the "french way". i was hoping for a hint to make it faster but i thinks there is no miracle solutions. :oops:
And about my signature, she is pretty old a should update it.... or not, because the list would be too long :aaaa:

Gaara9449

Lost in JAVslation
Mar 25, 2010
I think you can upload srt files to "subtitlecat.com" and it'll translate to any language you request.
thank for your suggestion, i will try it !:top:

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Thanks for your answer, and for you to know i only work on .srt/.ass files i don't bother about hardcoded subtitles.

The way you tell me to do, is in fact, the way i allready do. This is not a bad way but, i still have to check almost 60% of the lines of dialogue, dues to somes wrong traductions or "expression" i have to translate the "french way". i was hoping for a hint to make it faster but i thinks there is no miracle solutions. :oops:
And about my signature, she is pretty old a should update it.... or not, because the list would be too long :aaaa:
I'm sure there's another solution and I'm sure someone will see your question and give you a better advice.
I do hardcodes on occasion too.
The way I do it is time consuming, but I have nothing but time :D
Good luck and feel free to always ask questions.

maload

Jul 1, 2008