akiba resident JAV subtitlers & subtitle talk★NOT A SUB REQUEST THREAD★

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

maload

Jul 1, 2008
any one ever see the word " True calm " in subtitle.
what do you think about it ?

okay . i got it myself in 5 minute.

0+ truth (ji+ tsu*** something i forgot their pronoun ) +
so they translator it to .... skip o and then + the word " truth " in
and ちょっと have 7 meaning ++

its not just ..... wait a sec ++

when they add the word " the moon " in the subtitle ... may be its " like , love and such "

Last edited:
Reactions: Taako

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
So, how's everyone doing with their subs?
I'm doing 3 movies without subs. SNIS-158(It's finish), JUC-514(currently working on), STAR-843(currently working), and.. 2 hardcodes(RCTD-429), and PPPD-818(in the future :rolleyes:

Subbing is fun, but can stressful ngl That's why I do so many.

Reactions: koorshibainu

maload

Jul 1, 2008
i create 1 subtitle for 3 weeks now - -

mei2

Dec 6, 2018
In some subs I come across the phrase: "is it cheap", or "it is cheap". What does that mean? I looked for the sources of subs, and it seems that it comes from Chinese subs translation of "便宜嗎". Any idea?

Reactions: gingergauge

maload

Jul 1, 2008
In some subs I come across the phrase: "is it cheap", or "it is cheap". What does that mean? I looked for the sources of subs, and it seems that it comes from Chinese subs translation of "便宜嗎". Any idea?
i think its about " are you cumming " " i am cuming " and all about cumming
i see lots of subtitle used this word in "cumming scene "
but i dont know why they use the word "cheap " .

ssjgoku4

Jan 20, 2021
Because Cumming inside is cheap for them:boong:

• Haha

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Yes, I ran across it once when using Google translate once

maload

Jul 1, 2008
how to say " no condom " in jav ?

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Hey @Taako

There is this dude that shared a method in making subs using capcut in his phone
(https://scanlover.com/d/14859-autosub-auto-caption-using-capcut-apk)
(*i dont know if sharing links are allowed? I apologize if its not allowed I will remove it)

I would like to ask what are your thoughts about this and is really worth the try?
I haven't tried. From what I read and what every one said in his comments... it's a long process... but subtitling is long. Hate to break people spirits :p
Also, in the comments... he say it's 80% accurate and others say no. I think it depends on the movie IMO
***Might want to throw in a scene you have trouble understanding and see how well it does???

He's using the APK on the cellphone... If I was using the apk, it's on my PC(if possible)... then for splitting the scenes I might use MVKToolNix for that.

1. Remember you have to split the scenes in 10 mins increment... that's kinda like Pytranscriber or Autosub... IF you want a better chance to capture imo.
**** But I put the whole movie in there :rolleyes:, I like it helps with the timing codes.

2. Choose 3 scenes at a time, then click Capcut Text, and let it capture.
3. Text Copy OR Copy/Paste the text into the notepad(notepad++).
4. Use the notepad to create a .SRT file and then translate.

Pretty much what I do now. It seems ok but I don't know how accurate the subs are??? I will try it in the future to see ;)

Reactions: koorshibainu

Gaara9449

Lost in JAVslation
Mar 25, 2010
Hi Everyone, I would like to know, if the comunity have a good software or any hint for what i'm about to (try) to do.
Theres is a lot of english subs nowadays for JAVs, and a would like translate English .srt or .ass files into French.
Every advices to make it "easy and quick" as possible (even if i known it will probably not that easy and quick) will be greatly apréciated.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Hi Everyone, I would like to know, if the comunity have a good software or any hint for what i'm about to (try) to do.
Theres is a lot of english subs nowadays for JAVs, and a would like translate English .srt or .ass files into French.
Every advices to make it "easy and quick" as possible (even if i known it will probably not that easy and quick) will be greatly apréciated.
It depend on what you're trying to do, 1. just open .srt/.ass files or 2. find hardcoded subs?

If you have the .ass/.srt files... then simply open those files with notepad++.... then copy/paste those files to a translation app like Deepl or Google Translate.
They will translate. Then Copy/Paste over the original ones in notepad++, if you want.

**I don't know how good those translators are with French, so be sure to check.

Btw, I liked your signature. Yuma Asami, Momoka Nishina, Hitomi Tanaka are indeed some of my fave :p

Reactions: Gaara9449

maload

Jul 1, 2008

Had to look at my list :rolleyes: Namade yaru, 生でやる, Doing it raw.
thank you so much.

can you share " your word list" too? its really help ...

Last edited:

gingergauge

Jun 27, 2009

I think you can upload srt files to "subtitlecat.com" and it'll translate to any language you request.

Reactions: Gaara9449

Gaara9449

Lost in JAVslation
Mar 25, 2010
It depend on what you're trying to do, 1. just open .srt/.ass files or 2. find hardcoded subs?

If you have the .ass/.srt files... then simply open those files with notepad++.... then copy/paste those files to a translation app like Deepl or Google Translate.
They will translate. Then Copy/Paste over the original ones in notepad++, if you want.

**I don't know how good those translators are with French, so be sure to check.

Btw, I liked your signature. Yuma Asami, Momoka Nishina, Hitomi Tanaka are indeed some of my fave :p
Thanks for your answer, and for you to know i only work on .srt/.ass files i don't bother about hardcoded subtitles.

The way you tell me to do, is in fact, the way i allready do. This is not a bad way but, i still have to check almost 60% of the lines of dialogue, dues to somes wrong traductions or "expression" i have to translate the "french way". i was hoping for a hint to make it faster but i thinks there is no miracle solutions. :oops:
And about my signature, she is pretty old a should update it.... or not, because the list would be too long :aaaa:

Gaara9449

Lost in JAVslation
Mar 25, 2010
I think you can upload srt files to "subtitlecat.com" and it'll translate to any language you request.
thank for your suggestion, i will try it !:top:

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Thanks for your answer, and for you to know i only work on .srt/.ass files i don't bother about hardcoded subtitles.

The way you tell me to do, is in fact, the way i allready do. This is not a bad way but, i still have to check almost 60% of the lines of dialogue, dues to somes wrong traductions or "expression" i have to translate the "french way". i was hoping for a hint to make it faster but i thinks there is no miracle solutions. :oops:
And about my signature, she is pretty old a should update it.... or not, because the list would be too long :aaaa:
I'm sure there's another solution and I'm sure someone will see your question and give you a better advice.
I do hardcodes on occasion too.
The way I do it is time consuming, but I have nothing but time :D
Good luck and feel free to always ask questions.

maload

Jul 1, 2008