Post your JAV subtitle files here - JAV Subtitle Repository (JSP)★NOT A SUB REQUEST THREAD★

asianbooblover

Akiba Citizen
Jun 20, 2007
I always assumed..in my ignorance.. that it meant if feels good, although I realize "kiomochi" is basically that expression.. it's kind of like the woman saying "went" instead of "I just came".. i guess it depends on who or what is translating

ToastFrench

Jan 8, 2022
Thank you all for your insight and comments. I did google "Kiomochii." https://linguaholic.com/linguablog/kimochi/#:~:text=Kimochi is a “feeling.”,What is this?

Very Interesting. I love these complicated people.
"Kimochi-ii" is something you might say when you sink into a hot bath or the bed has fresh clean sheets-"so comfortable!" which is how it seems to be translated by machine.
But in JAV, it is used more as an erotic utterance "sooo goood!" or "feels great!" or even muttered under their breath as more an expression of lust than actually meant as a sentence. It is a bit odd when it gets translated as "comfortable!" in these situations.

Fun aside, I just checked one JAV film's subtitles, and 'comfortable' is used 152 times in one film. I'm going thru them one by one, just to make sure someone didn't just change the sheets.

Imscully

Apr 1, 2014
"Kimochi-ii" is something you might say when you sink into a hot bath or the bed has fresh clean sheets-"so comfortable!" which is how it seems to be translated by machine.
But in JAV, it is used more as an erotic utterance "sooo goood!" or "feels great!" or even muttered under their breath as more an expression of lust than actually meant as a sentence. It is a bit odd when it gets translated as "comfortable!" in these situations.

Fun aside, I just checked one JAV film's subtitles, and 'comfortable' is used 152 times in one film. I'm going thru them one by one, just to make sure someone didn't just change the sheets.
ToastFrench bringing the funny.
Well played!

Aikayikes!

Apr 26, 2020
So based on the title of the zips, most were new to me. With the amount of subs out there, I'd be surprised if there aren't a number of doubles for some. There is a nice variety, so hopefully someone finds something they like. I haven't gone through any of them, so no promises on quality. :) Enjoy!

Attachments

• NewToMe.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 2,285
  • NewToMe2.zip
    7 MB · Views: 2,189
  • NewToMe3.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 2,151
  • NewToMe4.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 2,134

Pendekar2020

Sep 2, 2013
STARS-330 Suzu Honjou

But Suzu only had 4 lines and the compressed file is actually larger than the original.
So I upload another sub:

SSIS-007 Marin Hinata

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 05.53.11.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 05.53.11.jpg
    381.9 KB · Views: 672
  • STARS-330 Suzu Honjou.srt.zip
    964 bytes · Views: 362
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 06.01.19.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 06.01.19.jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 659
  • SSIS-007 Marin Hinata & Masahiro Tabuchi.srt.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 350

black_ass

Jan 2, 2022
So based on the title of the zips, most were new to me. With the amount of subs out there, I'd be surprised if there aren't a number of doubles for some. There is a nice variety, so hopefully someone finds something they like. I haven't gone through any of them, so no promises on quality. :) Enjoy!
you helped me man~ thanks a lot... been finding for SSIS 275~ so freaking long~ hahaha
i know can stream online with sub, but prefer hd copy with sub~ thanks~!!!!

ToastFrench

Jan 8, 2022
Long time since I translated a jav now. Here's:
Last Night of the Film Studies Club with Mukai Ai (Aoi)
View attachment 2501001

Shinji is moving out from the apartment where he's lived with the buddies from the Film Studies Club. Will Mako be able to let him know her feelings?

Translation sources were the Japanese dialog and Chinese and Korean (translated from Chinese, with additional lines not in that sub, and with some guestimates) subtitles.
It's not the most accurate translation I've done but it's good enough.
If you enjoy seeing these two actors together, they appear in the jav JUL-263 as well.
Man, this really shows the advantages of the .ass format. Great work!

Reactions: ericf

Makkdom

Mar 4, 2019
NOT A SUB REQUEST!
I see the word, "Comfortable" used a lot in the subs. I am not complaining. This is just an observation. Anyone have a reason why that term is frequently used. Just curious. Thanks in advance.
It is the "standard" translation for "kimochi" which Japanese AV actors say repeatedly while having sex. At first it was very off-putting for me to hear a woman in the throes of ecstasy talk about how comfortable she felt. With subs that I want to make as usable as possible I will go through and substitute "that feels so good" for "so comfortable". That is a better translation into English, in my opinion. Occasionally the machine translation of someone having sex in a JAV will even have them say, "so comfy." More suited to a warm bath than an orgasm, as ToastFrench already pointed out.

ToastFrench

Jan 8, 2022
It is the "standard" translation for "kimochi" which Japanese AV actors say repeatedly while having sex. At first it was very off-putting for me to hear a woman in the throes of ecstasy talk about how comfortable she felt. With subs that I want to make as usable as possible I will go through and substitute "that feels so good" for "so comfortable". That is a better translation into English, in my opinion. Occasionally the machine translation of someone having sex in a JAV will even have them say, "so comfy." More suited to a warm bath than an orgasm, as ToastFrench already pointed out.
I just found several "so comfy" examples as well, lol. They escaped my "comfortable" word search! Now I'm curious how the machine translation decides which to use.

Reactions: lnstar

maload

Jul 1, 2008
I just found several "so comfy" examples as well, lol. They escaped my "comfortable" word search! Now I'm curious how the machine translation decides which to use.
i dont think its google . for me i feel like " its humans work ".
this is my theory . comfy is shorter than comfor*********
it s pain to type comfort****** for 300+ lines and such.
ahhh.......ohhhh ....iggyyyyyyy and such ++++++

this "translator guy " use google translate or something like that for translate " chinese sub " and then he " fixed " something in it .
may be he is not native english speaker too . so ........
lots of thing happen and i guess it will be more than this in that sub .
may be he is good at japanese but he is poor on english or he is lazy....
subing is hard work ....very hard work .i cant explain it

ToastFrench

Jan 8, 2022
subing is hard work ....very hard work .i cant explain it
It is crazy difficult-lots of respect for those who do it. I just can't believe the differences in quality/results. Most of the machine/DL translations are at least salvageable with hard work, but some "translations" are just really strange, like they went thru several different languages first. But one I am trying to edit (SSIS-300, from SubtitleCat) had this dialogue:
- "I tweeted to Zan Yixuan 18"
- "what's so good about eagle ii"
but listening to the Japanese they are saying more like:
-"I'm so surprised to see you!"
-"Why are you so surprised?"
(My Japanese is terrible, so my translation is probably terrible too, but there is nothing about tweeting or eagles, lol)
Also, the timing was so off (a rarity in my brief experience with eng. subs) that I thought the subs were for a completely different film at first.
I even downloaded the Chinese version to see if something was lost, but its the same.
I'd like to 'fix' this one, but I think it exceeds my limited Japanese.
My expertise kind of runs out after find/replacing "comfortable" and "meat stick", lol.