Post your JAV subtitle files here - JAV Subtitle Repository (JSP)★NOT A SUB REQUEST THREAD★

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

DeSade

Jan 29, 2010
SE by default uses Whisper.cpp build which is CPU only ---no GPU dependency. I wonder if in your environment it is picking up a wrong build. That can happen I guees if you have installed (python version of) Whipser prior to SE.
Haven't installed Whisper prior to Subtitle Edit. I just let SE install all the stuff it deems necessary.

I'm wondering if I should install Whisper manually?

Reactions: mei2

soloporhoy666

Nov 29, 2021
SE by default uses Whisper.cpp build which is CPU only ---no GPU dependency. I wonder if in your environment it is picking up a wrong build. That can happen I guees if you have installed (python version of) Whipser prior to SE.
I couldn't get it to work, I had to try a beta and portable version, but it was taking a long time and I couldn't get any results, so I'm using the virtual Collab instead and it's going great, I'm finally getting results, which makes the story go better.
Surely in a future version, the performance will be improved or possibly I am not doing something.

Reactions: DeSade

DeSade

Jan 29, 2010
I couldn't get it to work, I had to try a beta and portable version, but it was taking a long time and I couldn't get any results, so I'm using the virtual Collab instead and it's going great, I'm finally getting results, which makes the story go better.
Surely in a future version, the performance will be improved or possibly I am not doing something.

virtual Collab?

soloporhoy666

Nov 29, 2021
virtual Collab?
Yes, a Collab, through drive, I don't know exactly what it is, I just know that some developers create codes to use Whisper easily without using their own resources, in my case I don't know anything about programming or codes it was easy to understand and use whisper+VAD and create very good subtitles and lots of lines of dialogue, so far the record for good lines is 1700 lines with good quality. It's not perfect but much better than the other methods I've used.

Reactions: DeSade

DeSade

Jan 29, 2010
Yes, a Collab, through drive, I don't know exactly what it is, I just know that some developers create codes to use Whisper easily without using their own resources, in my case I don't know anything about programming or codes it was easy to understand and use whisper+VAD and create very good subtitles and lots of lines of dialogue, so far the record for good lines is 1700 lines with good quality. It's not perfect but much better than the other methods I've used.
Just tried it. How do you get this to work with larger file sizes? Worked okay with a short clip, but when I try it for larger files, I get an error message.

I assume you mean the Google Colab Whisper WebUI GPU?

Reactions: soloporhoy666

soloporhoy666

Nov 29, 2021
Just tried it. How do you get this to work with larger file sizes? Worked okay with a short clip, but when I try it for larger files, I get an error message.

I assume you mean the Google Colab Whisper WebUI GPU?
convert my videos to audi (MP3) that weigh less than 200 MB even less, the movies, apart from the fact that uploading the file would take a long time, has limits as do other services such as auto sub or another, I recommend converting your videos to audio, then it will go like butter on bread.

Last edited:

ericf

Jan 13, 2007
Hello, I don't know why it gave you very few lines, I was testing with files of almost 3 hours, the movie DVDES-684 averaged almost 1700 lines and very good, you made sure to change the execution environment of the menu above to GPU, Well, most of the files I uploaded gave me incredible results, even with an old NSPS-068 movie with music and noise, half good dialogues.
View attachment 3117083
It is GPU. I don't have a GPU with lots of memory on this computer. Whisper converts the 2 hr files into something that is 2.9GB large and then goes on to find dialog. After running the audio it tells me I have number/220 and gives me a file of _ lines.
This is the audio I use: SGV-018
Can I get an untranslated Japanese file instead of a translated one? If I want to edit the mistakes the software makes I need to get a file in Japanese, not English.
Thanks.
I have to use Chrome. I can't upload files in Firefox. The wheel just 'keeps on turnin'.' Upload is slow, too.

Last edited:

soloporhoy666

Nov 29, 2021
It is GPU. I don't have a GPU with lots of memory on this computer. Whisper converts the 2 hr files into something that is 2.9GB large and then goes on to find dialog. After running the audio it tells me I have number/220 and gives me a file of _ lines.
This is the audio I use: SGV-018
Can I get an untranslated Japanese file instead of a translated one? If I want to edit the mistakes the software makes I need to get a file in Japanese, not English.
Thanks.
I have to use Chrome. I can't upload files in Firefox. The wheel just 'keeps on turnin'.' Upload is slow, too.
1. I am using a virtual environment.
2. No need to use our computer resources
3. All work is done by Whisper's servers
4. Collab from the company Drive is used, I don't know what it is, but there are people who provide the necessary codes and repositories to carry out the translations.
5. All the movies I upload, I first convert them to MP3 with a converter, reducing the size up to 100 MB.
6. It's free up to a certain limit.
7.you can use another DRIVE account and use more Whisper time.

olab.research.google.com/drive/1CvvYPAFemIZdSOt9fhN541esSlZR7Ic6?usp=sharing#scrollTo=Aejy9Haxy81U

Reactions: mei2

mei2

Dec 6, 2018
1. I am using a virtual environment.
2. No need to use our computer resources
3. All work is done by Whisper's servers
4. Collab from the company Drive is used, I don't know what it is, but there are people who provide the necessary codes and repositories to carry out the translations.
5. All the movies I upload, I first convert them to MP3 with a converter, reducing the size up to 100 MB.
6. It's free up to a certain limit.
7.you can use another DRIVE account and use more Whisper time.

olab.research.google.com/drive/1CvvYPAFemIZdSOt9fhN541esSlZR7Ic6?usp=sharing#scrollTo=Aejy9Haxy81U

Just a minor siggestion: you may want to use the option "condition_on_previous_text=false" to improve/reduce the possibility of getting "halucination" text.

Reactions: soloporhoy666

MrKid

Aug 10, 2021
Whisper with VAD: use option "translation_mode: No translation" to select the original Japanese.

Reactions: ericf

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Whisper will give random results btw so don't assume splitting the movie helps or hurts the result.
Running the same file multiple times and you'll always get a different amount of lines from my experience.

Reactions: Taako

javjod

Feb 5, 2021
just little suggestion, for movie under 2 hour use capcut windows version, for more than 2 hours movies choose whisper and rise the volume

ericf

Jan 13, 2007
What are the usage limits on Whisper Colab? Are they time limited (24 hrs) or do I have to wait several days to use it with GPU again? Not going to use Pro version.

Chuckie100

Sep 13, 2019

URE-073 Exclusive Ririko Kinoshita Writhes In Incest With Immoral Mother And Child! !! Original: Gonza The Day When I Straddle My Son-Gonzo Record Of Mother And Son-

ure073pl.jpg

I came across a translation for URE-073. The translation was quite good (I'm not even sure it was a "machine" translation}. I cleaned it up a little bit (mainly correction of pronouns depending on who was speaking in the scene} and married it with a reduced mosiac version of the movie to create a DVD. I'm not usually a fan of reduced mosiac movies but this one was pretty good. Anyway enjoy and let me know what you think.

Attachments

• URE-073.rar
    21.3 KB · Views: 354

MrKid

Aug 10, 2021
What are the usage limits on Whisper Colab? Are they time limited (24 hrs) or do I have to wait several days to use it with GPU again? Not going to use Pro version.
maybe 5 times, reset after a few hours. The trick is to use multiple gmails at the same time.

Reactions: ericf

Zephlol

Oct 2, 2022

[MIRD-215] Girls With Beautiful Asses. Beautiful Girl Harem. Ass Shaking All Over While Rocking Her Hips for Loads For Lewd Customer Service. Asuka Momose Ichika Matsumoto Rei Kuruki Mitsuki Nagisa​

81Ig0M5p5kL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

OCR'd from chinese subtitles. The quality wasn't bad at all, didn't need to do much clean-up. Enjoy.

Attachments

• [MIRD-215] Girls With Beautiful Asses. Beautiful Girl Harem.srt.zip
    31 KB · Views: 297

soloporhoy666

Nov 29, 2021
I have achieved a new record for lines of text, before it was 1700 very good lines, now I have achieved more than 2600 lines, Whisper is incredible, at least for me... the movie in question was to test the reading ability of whisper, that a colleague wanted to know.
RCTD-459 Big Tits Mothers And Sisters Don_t Notice When Inserted Into Me (WHISPER+VAD)
Pantallazo 16-12-2022 21.19.49.pngPantallazo 16-12-2022 21.19.14.png

xsf27

May 23, 2012
I have achieved a new record for lines of text, before it was 1700 very good lines, now I have achieved more than 2600 lines, Whisper is incredible, at least for me... the movie in question was to test the reading ability of whisper, that a colleague wanted to know.
RCTD-459 Big Tits Mothers And Sisters Don_t Notice When Inserted Into Me (WHISPER+VAD)
View attachment 3119828View attachment 3119829

Great work, keep it going!!

You are doing an invaluable service for the worldwide JAV lover community, and we all applaud your efforts in pushing these frontiers and blazing a trail for all of us fellow budding JAV subtitlers to follow.

I, for one, share your palpable excitement every time you shatter another benchmark and share it with us.

Whisper seems to be the real deal and I can't wait to get my hands on it soon - ohh, the possibilities lol!