akiba resident JAV subtitlers & subtitle talk★NOT A SUB REQUEST THREAD★

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Feb 1, 2008
Question. I have been using Deeplv4 to do machine translations of Chinese subtitles but it appears that deepl
Has altered something behind the scenes that breaks DeeplV4, so I started using the “copy and paste “ translation option in subtitles edit to translate srt files piece by piece with deepl however I’m getting some “frame shift” errors where occasionally ( once it twice a film) two lines get combined causing the subtitles to be shifted off by one line. So the dialogue for see the 5 th subtitles populate the timing for the 6th line and everything get shifted down. Now I assume there is a way to shift the dialogue back but i can’t figure out how. Anyone have any thoughts?

maload

Jul 1, 2008
Question. I have been using Deeplv4 to do machine translations of Chinese subtitles but it appears that deepl
Has altered something behind the scenes that breaks DeeplV4, so I started using the “copy and paste “ translation option in subtitles edit to translate srt files piece by piece with deepl however I’m getting some “frame shift” errors where occasionally ( once it twice a film) two lines get combined causing the subtitles to be shifted off by one line. So the dialogue for see the 5 th subtitles populate the timing for the 6th line and everything get shifted down. Now I assume there is a way to shift the dialogue back but i can’t figure out how. Anyone have any thoughts?
dont understand at all.
just sharing.

i open *****.srt and copy all of it into that deep .....

oh i got it .. you have something with number of line .. so just delete it.

the answer is still the same ... use notepad in window or linux or mac

you try to open your file in notepad and edit it

for example
the file will look like this
----------------------------------
00:00:38,144 --> 00:00:44,288
10時にfgfdgdアラームfgdg

00:01:48,032 --> 00:01:52,128
こdfgdgdfg果hghghg

------------------------------------
so its easy to delete or adding anything into it

if you want to remove dialog 2

so delete
-----------------------
10時にfgfdgdアラームfgdg
-----------------------------------

these 3 line and then dialog 2 will be gone .

i mean ( delete .... add dialog and such ) is faster than do it on the big program .

and then save file ( as srt .... ass or whatever you do )

and then open you file in subtitle editor. that what i think about your problem

copy and back up if you dont sure what will happen

in the end i think i know your problem . its about timing but i never have problem with it sorry . wrong answer.

Last edited:

Feb 1, 2008
dont understand at all.
just sharing.

i open *****.srt and copy all of it into that deep .....

oh i got it .. you have something with number of line .. so just delete it.

the answer is still the same ... use notepad in window or linux or mac

you try to open your file in notepad and edit it

for example
the file will look like this
----------------------------------
10時にfgfdgdアラームfgdg

00:01:48,032 --> 00:01:52,128
こdfgdgdfg果hghghg

------------------------------------
so its easy to delete or adding anything into it

if you want to remove dialog 2

so delete
-----------------------
10時にfgfdgdアラームfgdg
-----------------------------------

these 3 line and then dialog 2 will be gone .

i mean ( delete .... add dialog and such ) is faster than do it on the big program .

and then save file ( as srt .... ass or whatever you do )

and then open you file in subtitle editor. that what i think about your problem

copy and back up if you dont sure what will happen

in the end i think i know your problem . its about timing but i never have problem with it sorry . wrong answer.
Yeah, I don’t think I’m doing a great job of explaining the issue.
The dialog is shifted with regards to the time line,
Let’s say the dialogue should be

Time. Dialogue
30 seconds. Hello, how are you?
40 seconds. I am fine
45 seconds. Do you know where the train station is?’
90 seconds. Sorry which station are you looking for?

But instead I have

Time. Dialogue
30 seconds. Hello, how are you? I am fine.
40 seconds. Do you know where the train station is?’
45 seconds. Sorry which station are you looking for?
90 seconds Hey, my dialogue timing is more easy off, this is supposed to be your line!

ToastFrench

Jan 8, 2022
Yeah, I don’t think I’m doing a great job of explaining the issue.
The dialog is shifted with regards to the time line,
Let’s say the dialogue should be

Time. Dialogue
30 seconds. Hello, how are you?
40 seconds. I am fine
45 seconds. Do you know where the train station is?’
90 seconds. Sorry which station are you looking for?

But instead I have

Time. Dialogue
30 seconds. Hello, how are you? I am fine.
40 seconds. Do you know where the train station is?’
45 seconds. Sorry which station are you looking for?
90 seconds Hey, my dialogue timing is more easy off, this is supposed to be your line!
I use AegisSub to shift the timelines around.
AegisSub lets you shift from wherever the problem starts in the video, and can adjust in whatever direction you need it to shift. (Or just the one place, and leave everything else where it was) I've only used it at the start of videos though.

(Sorry if I misunderstood your post)

Attachments

• AegisSub.jpg
    AegisSub.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 84

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Today I started using Aegisub and it's a little to get used because I used SubtitleEdit so long.
Right now, SubtitleEdit remains better for me.
I have both until I'm comfortable :D

Feb 1, 2008
I use AegisSub to shift the timelines around.
AegisSub lets you shift from wherever the problem starts in the video, and can adjust in whatever direction you need it to shift. (Or just the one place, and leave everything else where it was) I've only used it at the start of videos though.

(Sorry if I misunderstood your post)
No. They just pushed out pulls the stamps forward it back by a certain amount on time, like if the subtitles are all coming up 10 seconds late then you can use it to fix that problem. My issue is the time stamps are good, but each line of dialogue is associated with the erring time stamp, the srt file has the correct info to bring up the dons at the correct time, however subs are one or two lines off. So if two people at talking, person A would say personB’s line and personB would day person As lines, you can’t Judy shift the timing to fix this problem, you need to shift the dialogue with regards to the time stamp

ToastFrench

Jan 8, 2022
No. They just pushed out pulls the stamps forward it back by a certain amount on time, like if the subtitles are all coming up 10 seconds late then you can use it to fix that problem. My issue is the time stamps are good, but each line of dialogue is associated with the erring time stamp, the srt file has the correct info to bring up the dons at the correct time, however subs are one or two lines off. So if two people at talking, person A would say personB’s line and personB would day person As lines, you can’t Judy shift the timing to fix this problem, you need to shift the dialogue with regards to the time stamp
Ugh, that sounds like a total hassle to edit :(

Pendekar2020

Sep 2, 2013
Thanks! I also notice the word "disrespectful" quite a lot in Chinese subtitle files that are auto-translated to English. The context in which it appears however, makes no sense. There is nothing disrespectful about what is happening on screen, so it is surely a mis-translation. Any ideas?
Usually it's when the speaker feels he/she is being disrespectful so it's usually translated to 'excuse me' or 'I beg your pardon' for example:
"Excuse me, I'm coming into your house"
"I beg your pardon for meeting you here"

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
:Another advice about subbing AV I find useful is headphones.
Wear them and you will be surprise how words are clear to you. Or give you ideas for words you can't understand ;)

I heard something funny a couple days ago.
I was asking a Japanese friend with help on my subs. Honestly, it's quite embarrassing to ask someone this, friend or not lol
We started talking and had some interesting conversation on stuff.

He told me many subs aren't made by Japanese because they have no need for them and they see it quite insulting that everyone think they watches av all the time :D He was going on about a lot things.

Anyways, he said most subs are created by Chinese or in Thailand or Bangkok with minimum knowledge of Japanese. I never knew this lol
He said lots of Japanese doesn't go online as many seem to think, too. I never knew.

So next time you make friends with someone Japanese, please don't always say anime stuff and jav :hehe:

Last edited:

maload

Jul 1, 2008
I heard something funny a couple days ago.
I was asking a Japanese friend with help on my subs. Honestly, it's quite embarrassing to ask someone this, friend or not lol
We started talking and had some interesting conversation on stuff.

He told me many subs aren't made by Japanese because they have no need for them and they see it quite insulting that everyone think they watches av all the time :D He was going on about a lot things.

Anyways, he said most subs are created by Chinese or in Thailand or Bangkok with minimum knowledge of Japanese. I never knew this lol
He said lots of Japanese doesn't go online as many seem to think, too. I never knew.

So next time you make friends with someone Japanese, please don't always say anime stuff and j
its good to be a boy sometimes

when you want to chitchat with a boy from japanese then you dont need to ask for " animai jav or such "

some of them will begin " sex chat lesson " and of course "japanese-learner " dont want this kind of lesson ...

of course not all of japanese -people are not that kind of ...... its just 1 % of them .

okay . i comment too much

Reactions: Taako

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
its good to be a boy sometimes

when you want to chitchat with a boy from japanese then you dont need to ask for " animai jav or such "

some of them will begin " sex chat lesson " and of course "japanese-learner " dont want this kind of lesson ...

of course not all of japanese -people are not that kind of ...... its just 1 % of them .

okay . i comment too much
Yup, if you or anyone become friends... don't be pushy is all I can say lol

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
By the way, if anyone wants an example of a sub that's more wrong then right, uses a lot of the same words.... YET it's completes that movie AND it doesn't make the movie bad is PPPD-377.
I say this because it shows, the person who created did his/her best and yet kept the essence of the movie. And being the type of movie helped as well.

I will say I was a little bothered because I knew stuff wasn't translated or wrong. The sub kept using "Stop it! Stop it" many times, "That's right" or "I'm going".
Still it's interesting to see what they did.
In honestly, it's a decent sub hahaha :)

johnny fontane

Mar 11, 2016
I can't find the meaning, I myself don't know if I hear "koku" meaning "here" or maybe "goku" meaning something like "very". In the scene, the man starts penetrating the woman and asks her "Okusan, koku/goku?" and adds again after a while "Koku/goku?" Any ideas? :)

ToastFrench

Jan 8, 2022
I can't find the meaning, I myself don't know if I hear "koku" meaning "here" or maybe "goku" meaning something like "very". In the scene, the man starts penetrating the woman and asks her "Okusan, koku/goku?" and adds again after a while "Koku/goku?" Any ideas? :)
I think possibly "here?" (koko)
koko is "here", soko is "there" and asoko is "over there"

maload

Jul 1, 2008
koko is koko . kuku is kuku

just belive in your ears.

Reactions: johnny fontane

maload

Jul 1, 2008
worng topic anyway