akiba resident JAV subtitlers & subtitle talk★NOT A SUB REQUEST THREAD★

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Taako,
Thanks for the kind words and feedback.
I really appreciate it.
I think it's a good example of how subtitles don't need to be accurate to still be hot.
Remember, for that project I only used my own guessing, and what I WANTED them to be saying, not what they were actually saying.
I don't know Japanese, nor did I use software, like Google Translate, which I will often utilize in a pinch.
I found the process of trying to come up with kinky dialog that fit my interests to be a fun, exciting challenge.
Because I don't know Japanese, I have a wide amount of freedom, because I wouldn't know what the actors and actresses are actually saying, so it's easy for me to suspend disbelief.
This even helps me on projects like SPRD-1423, starring the amazing Hana Haruna.
Although the title mentions "Mom Friend", the movie doesn't actually include incest.
That was disappointing, but since I don't know Japanese and make my own subs, I was able to bend it a little in order to add that special, kinky element.
The result, for me, is a movie that is a lot kinkier, has heightened risk, tension, and taboo dynamic. It's a small change, that wouldn't work for people that know Japanese, but since I don't, it works just fine. View attachment 2765585
I'm glad you liked the subs.
I've got LOTS more like that.
I'll be posting soon.
Well you do say clearly in the opening it's not a literal translation, so ppl can't get mad
It was a good effort and like I said the tone fit the movie and it had a nice kink factor without going too far.

I look forward to seeing more of your efforts. Keep up the good work!

Playguuu

Apr 26, 2020
Hey guys real quick, I wanted to know if any of you have seen dialogue like "You're moving on your own" or "Move on your own" and what that sounds like. (I'm trying to edit my own diag)

Thanks!

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Hey guys real quick, I wanted to know if any of you have seen dialogue like "You're moving on your own" or "Move on your own" and what that sounds like. (I'm trying to edit my own diag)

Thanks!
Usually the actresses is saying, My hips are moving on their own. Or sometime the guy will say, you can move on your own(yourself).
I usually used this meaning >> 全然腰が動いちゃう >> Zenzen koshi ga ugoi chau.

Let me know if you seen this one, please もういいですよね>>Mō īdesu yo ne.

Do you keep notes of phrases? I have recently. I hope one day I can share some phrases that will make it easier to sub.
Of course you will take the phrases and fit them accordingly to the movie theme/plot. :) Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Imscully

maload

Jul 1, 2008

Thanks!
i see this a lots and the chinese subtitle alway use " move it on your own " " do it by yourself"

so when you see the " doggy scene or women on top " then i guess you will hear " this word " .

i know that word " jibun " but i cant understand all of it now . .. i am just a lazy student .

Reactions: Imscully

asledan

Feb 20, 2016
Hey guys I think I've stumbled upon a decent method for creating ENG subs. Knowing that I spent a long time on these forums scouring bits of info here and there I just wanted to share this in hopes to expand the community and get more ENG content out there.

To preface I have ZERO coding skills, know nothing about python, and with this method I can create machine translated subs in 30-40 minutes, fully complete subs in 1-2 hours. This method basically takes a CN hardcoded JAV movie and spits out a complete EN_SRT. This method is not FREE, I use AbbyFinereader because I don't need coding knowledge to use it.

Step 1. Obtain the JAV movie with hardcoded chinese subs so that it is on your computer. (I use XDM and pull it off any site that has it)

Step 2. Using VideoSubFinder, load the movie, highlight the area where the subtitles appear, then run search (takes 5-10 minutes)

Step 3. (DO NOT CLOSE VideoSubFinder until entire process is finished) Once finished find the VideoSubFinder folder where the results were placed. (should be called RGBimages)

Step 4. You should now see the folder with many screenshots of the movie. Using windows photo viewer go through all photos and delete any photos that do not contain subtitles in them. (this is the most tedious but I get it done in 10-15 minutes, use arrow keys and the delete key to speed up the process, if you mess up the recycle bin is your friend)

Step 5. Back on VideoSubEdit under the OCR section hit the button that says create cleared txt images, this creates blank images with only the subtitles. (3-5mins)

Step 6. (still do not close VideoSubFinder) Open AbbyFinereader, Run Chinese Traditional Language OCR and select all the cleared txt images we just created (found in TXTimages folder, select all the files), when prompted for where to save the results please select the TXTresults. (10 minutes)

Step 7. Once finished, we go back into VideoSubFinder one last time, still under OCR section, hit the create sub from TXTresults. (process takes seconds)

Step 8. Open the created sub from TXTresults, you should now have a correctly timed chinese subtitle file. At this point you can use any CN->EN translation service you wish but I use SubtitleEdit so if you wish to continue following along go to the next step.

Step 9. Open SubtitleEdit application and open the subtitle file you created from TXTresults. Go to Auto-translate function, Chinese to english and Run the translator (process takes seconds). In 30-40 minutes time you now have a complete, correctly timed, machine translated subtitle.

Step 10 (optional). At this point depending on my interest in the movie, I will use SubtitleEdit + the movie we started with to fix/correct the subtitles to get an almost 100% accurate english sub (almost 100% because in order to sound natural, some names, slang, and colloquialisms are lost in translation).

Any questions please ask! Any advice to improve my method also appreciated!

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Hey guys I think I've stumbled upon a decent method for creating ENG subs. Knowing that I spent a long time on these forums scouring bits of info here and there I just wanted to share this in hopes to expand the community and get more ENG content out there.

To preface I have ZERO coding skills, know nothing about python, and with this method I can create machine translated subs in 30-40 minutes, fully complete subs in 1-2 hours. This method basically takes a CN hardcoded JAV movie and spits out a complete EN_SRT. This method is not FREE, I use AbbyFinereader because I don't need coding knowledge to use it.

Step 1. Obtain the JAV movie with hardcoded chinese subs so that it is on your computer. (I use XDM and pull it off any site that has it)

Step 2. Using VideoSubFinder, load the movie, highlight the area where the subtitles appear, then run search (takes 5-10 minutes)

Step 3. (DO NOT CLOSE VideoSubFinder until entire process is finished) Once finished find the VideoSubFinder folder where the results were placed. (should be called RGBimages)

Step 4. You should now see the folder with many screenshots of the movie. Using windows photo viewer go through all photos and delete any photos that do not contain subtitles in them. (this is the most tedious but I get it done in 10-15 minutes, use arrow keys and the delete key to speed up the process, if you mess up the recycle bin is your friend)

Step 5. Back on VideoSubEdit under the OCR section hit the button that says create cleared txt images, this creates blank images with only the subtitles. (3-5mins)

Step 6. (still do not close VideoSubFinder) Open AbbyFinereader, Run Chinese Traditional Language OCR and select all the cleared txt images we just created (found in TXTimages folder, select all the files), when prompted for where to save the results please select the TXTresults. (10 minutes)

Step 7. Once finished, we go back into VideoSubFinder one last time, still under OCR section, hit the create sub from TXTresults. (process takes seconds)

Step 8. Open the created sub from TXTresults, you should now have a correctly timed chinese subtitle file. At this point you can use any CN->EN translation service you wish but I use SubtitleEdit so if you wish to continue following along go to the next step.

Step 9. Open SubtitleEdit application and open the subtitle file you created from TXTresults. Go to Auto-translate function, Chinese to english and Run the translator (process takes seconds). In 30-40 minutes time you now have a complete, correctly timed, machine translated subtitle.

Step 10 (optional). At this point depending on my interest in the movie, I will use SubtitleEdit + the movie we started with to fix/correct the subtitles to get an almost 100% accurate english sub (almost 100% because in order to sound natural, some names, slang, and colloquialisms are lost in translation).

Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to explain the process for us with ZERO coding skills. :)
I hope to used this as well to help spread to the community as well. I'm going to save this.

My question is what is AbbeyReader? What VideoSubFinder did you used. And is there other OCR to be used?

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Jesus. Just checked, confirmed it's down.
I can't lie... that site is just useless.
Half the subs are junk and the other time you can't even get on the site.
We need to find another spot to dump our subs tbh

asledan

Feb 20, 2016
Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to explain the process for us with ZERO coding skills. :)
I hope to used this as well to help spread to the community as well. I'm going to save this.

My question is what is AbbeyReader? What VideoSubFinder did you used. And is there other OCR to be used?
AbbyFineReader is a paid software (one time payment for their current version) that is doing our OCR translation. It takes all these images we make with videosubfinder, translates them, then puts them converts those results into txt files, all neatly organized.

VideoSubFinder is the name of the application. If you do a quick google search of "videosubfinder" the first sourceforge link by skonits is the one I used (Im not affiliated in any way).

For other OCR I have not experimented again because of my lack of coding skills, I know theres something called EasyOCR but I haven't bothered because I dont know anything about python.

maload

Jul 1, 2008
o e shi ?

why actress always use this word when she do blowjob

its because the actors always ask her " o e shi ? hmmm "

i can guess this " o e shi " . i heard it about 20 mil times since i watched jav movies .

but whats they want to say when they use this word . ?

asledan

Feb 20, 2016
o e shi ?

why actress always use this word when she do blowjob

its because the actors always ask her " o e shi ? hmmm "

i can guess this " o e shi " . i heard it about 20 mil times since i watched jav movies .

but whats they want to say when they use this word . ?
I think it means tasty/yummy/delicious something along those lines. A more literal translation might be "tastes good".

maload

Jul 1, 2008
I think it means tasty/yummy/delicious something along those lines. A more literal translation might be "tastes good".
how come that meat is yummy ?

i dont understand what they think . haha

Feb 1, 2008
Thanks for this great guide! It’s great if you are not computer adept, but if you want to improve the results and are willing to get a little more involved ( installing Python) I have modified your directions to get much better subs

@asledan said:

Modification
Step 5. Use EASYOCR in the same directory containing your RGB_Image directory ( created by video sub finder)

https://www.akiba-online.com/threads/tutorial-ocr-chinese-english-movies-hardsub.2005149/[/URL]

Easyocr will convert the subtitle jpg files into actual text files and populate them into the Text_result directory. EasyOCR works much, much better that Abby fine reader and is free… but I’d more involved to install..

Step 6. Once finished, we go back into VideoSubFinder one last time, still under OCR section, hit the create sub from TXTresults. (process takes seconds)

Modification
Step 9. Use Deeplv4 to translate the Chinese dubs to English, it uses Deepl.com translation servers and gives the best machine language translation I’ve seen

https://www.akiba-online.com/thread...-request-thread.1466451/page-113#post-4234482

Last edited:

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Thanks for this great guide! It’s great if you are not computer adept, but if you want to improve the results and are willing to get a little more involved ( installing Python) I have modified your directions to get much better subs

@asledan said:

Modification
Step 5. Use EASYOCR in the same directory containing your RGB_Image directory ( created by video sub finder)

https://www.akiba-online.com/threads/tutorial-ocr-chinese-english-movies-hardsub.2005149/[/URL]

Easyocr will convert the subtitle jpg files into actual text files and populate them into the Text_result directory. EasyOCR works much, much better that Abby fine reader and is free… but I’d more involved to install..

Step 6. Once finished, we go back into VideoSubFinder one last time, still under OCR section, hit the create sub from TXTresults. (process takes seconds)

Modification
Step 9. Use Deeplv4 to translate the Chinese dubs to English, it uses Deepl.com translation servers and gives the best machine language translation I’ve seen

https://www.akiba-online.com/thread...-request-thread.1466451/page-113#post-4234482

Personally I find Ashledan guide to be perfect. But it's good you offer an option.
His setup involves none of the complication of trying to get python installed. Python just doesn't work well for the majority imo.
And he went step by step to explain the setup. Which is what I kept asking about.
Ashledan easy guide might help bring more subs to the community, which I hope and I'm sure we all hope :)

I hope they pinned both You and Ashledan guides. They are both instructional and good.:malu2:

Last edited:

ssjgoku4

Jan 20, 2021
Here is my another test using this new transcription method and it seems to catch most of the conversation properly and the plot is 90% understandable after translating though DeepL. I will share the English sub here and would be glad to know peoples feedback if the sub are understandable for them or not.

HUNTA-371

hunta371pl.jpg

Attachments

• HUNTA-371 Machine.zip
    41.9 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: jannat2sanjay