akiba resident JAV subtitlers & subtitle talk★NOT A SUB REQUEST THREAD★

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
For me that's when you throw it into Google Translate without double checking. The machine scrubs all the explicit language right out. As for actual offense, no way. I put in too much work in these to care about other people's offense lol.
I agree. You're supposed to treat subs like a real life experience. I don't think many people are acting PG in the bedroom :hehe:

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
I came across 2 things I'm trying to male sense of
In this scene a lady say 動くんじゃないわよ, while touching her pussy. Deepl it means don't move.
In different scene she say, it's not working but I change it and simply say I'm going to cum.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
I've seen "it's not working" before for "mada mada". I translated that particular line to "I'm almost there..." I don't think there's a good literal translation for some phrases like that, but "not yet" or "not enough" is probably closest.

"mada mada dane" is closer to "not good enough". That's an indication one isn't satisfied with the level of effort, so hopefully you don't hear that too often in JAV, unless there's some S&M play going on or something.
Thank you, so I was close hahaha I will write it down for future references :D

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Hey guys, I've gotten 2 different meaning
This Deepl version which I'm incline to go with お前のどうやのち ん ぽジュポジュポさせてほら -Let me squirt your daddy's dick. What does that mean?
This Google Translate version - Let me see your chinpojupojupo- Which I could say, let me see your dick/cock.

Before that, she was saying 私のマ ン コ- My pussy.
I don't know if she wants to squirt on his dick or see it lol

TheOppaiAddict

Former User Of Scanlover
Aug 10, 2021
I apologize if this has been posted before but since I'm new to the forum I was wondering if anybody posted up the SRT files for these two Hitomi Tanaka releases? Not making a request just a question thanks guys really appreciate it!

PPPD-759
pppd00759pl.jpg

PPPD-788
pppd00788pl.jpg

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
I actually tried that site more then once and the quality is um...Yeah...lmfao!
I neve subbed a Hitomi movie because the ones I like are usually sub, if I have time I will try.
but yeah Subtitlecat fool me too many times :rolleyes:

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
The machine-translated subs are crap, of course. Sometimes, rarely, there is better stuff. But it's perfectly feasible to fire up Subtitle Edit and fix the machine-translated subs yourself. It just takes a lot of time, perseverance, and a knack for translating weird lines into phrases that read well in English.
Absolutely.
This is true. Subbing is time consuming, if you want it right.
Sometimes I get a Chinese sub and it's going fine and then, BOOM! Some lines are wrong or too soft and then I have to go through all the lines. Because they lost me!

TheOppaiAddict

Former User Of Scanlover
Aug 10, 2021
Absolutely.
This is true. Subbing is time consuming, if you want it right.
Sometimes I get a Chinese sub and it's going fine and then, BOOM! Some lines are wrong or too soft and then I have to go through all the lines. Because they lost me!
My Japanese is not good looking bro but I can understand certain phrases and sentences. And I can honestly say some of the worse English subtitled jobs I've ever seen have come from that site! Lol

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
My Japanese is not good looking bro but I can understand certain phrases and sentences. And I can honestly say some of the worse English subtitled jobs I've ever seen have come from that site! Lol
You said it. I found one sub to be excited about and... they only upload maybe less than 5 minutes. Which in subbing is nothing. :hehe:
Maybe they wanted to be seen as a subber or made a mistake? Have been back since lol

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
If I remember correctly, the literal translation of "chest" is the polite way to refer to a woman's breasts - what you're refering to is implied, which is pretty common in Japanese. "Oppai" is a more explicit way, like "boobs" or "breasts", either of which might be appropriate translations based on context.

I don't agree that "oppai" is only used for large breasts. I suspect it's just that someone isn't as likely to call out a woman's smaller breasts. In IESP-647, two girls are talking/fondling, and the younger says (in my translation) "Unlike yours, my breasts are small, right?", and she definitely uses "oppai" to describe them.
This true. Because in one of the Shota Pranks movies, some will say Oppai because that particular Shota is clearly saying boobs and more of a perverted one.
But I have seen where a inexperience Shota will say, Oppai so given that nature, in my translation I will say chest or breasts. But boobs still work! :D

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Am I hearing this right?
ばいして = bai shi te
Either way I went with, it's coming/I'm going to come. :rolleyes:

maload

Jul 1, 2008
I actually tried that site more then once and the quality is um...Yeah...lmfao!
Its standard subtitle nowaday i guess.
The trick is ... You use googletrans that sub to chinese and then upload it again on the net.
And people will.... Ahhh. Do you have sub for. **-6969.
Haha

rinaishihara

Jul 26, 2018
I thought I'd post the translation notes I've been making when working on subtitles. I've exported to CSV format, which any spreadsheet program can import. Because I'm translating audio, not text, I don't bother with written Japanese (which is an entirely different challenge), and instead sort the table by the English-like Romaji equivalent. After that, I include a literal translation, alternate translation (often an inferred or alternate meaning), and notes which may give context.

Because I work exclusively on lesbian titles, the table's content is skewed in that direction. For example, I recently released a subtitle in which one girl suggested to another "kai awase ru?" It turns out "kai-awase" is a Japanese "shell-matching game". And as it turns out, it's also an amazing euphemism for tribadism. The Chinese I was working from was actually translated into their own native euphemism, "grinding tofu", which is also kind of awesome, but not quite culturally correct, I suppose. Fun stuff.

Many of these I was able to figure out by mimicking spoken Japanese into my Google Translation app. When that didn't work, I'd take a guess in English based on situational context and search through the possible translations for similar sounding words. Practice makes perfect, I suppose, but there may be errors here, so user beware, I'm still very much an amateur JAV translator, although improving a bit with each project (an even dozen now).

Awesome work you are doing there.

Lesbians conversations are more steamier.

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
Looks to me like they're talking more about being the dominant person in a scene and not literally in an S&M way but more like taking the lead, being the person who makes the decisions. So being the aggressive/assertive one and not necessarily taking it as far as acutally being a master or slave or something.

At least that's the vibe I'm getting from their discssion.

Imscully

Apr 1, 2014
I've had some people email me asking for the process that I use to create subs without a pre-existing .srt (or other subtitle format) file.

Here is the process I'm currently using.
1- Using VLC video player, break your video down into smaller parts
2- Rip the audio from those smaller parts
3- Use pyTranscriber to transcribe each audio file. (It automatically creates both a text file AND .srt files)
4- Take the existing text, or .srt file and use Google translate to translate it into whichever language you want.
5- Cut and paste them sequentially into whichever subtitle creator software you prefer. (My personal favorites are Aegisub and Subtitle edit)
6- (optional) Edit the text (using Aegisub or other) to fit more smoothly into the flow of your native language's syntax.
That's it.
It takes some time, but it's far easier than making every line from scratch.
(Just the .srt files pyTranscriber makes save a ton of time by creating a line for each line of dialog. It's almost like having a digital assistant who does the front end grunt work.)

Reactions: Taako

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
I've had some people email me asking for the process that I use to create subs without a pre-existing .srt (or other subtitle format) file.

Here is the process I'm currently using.
1- Using VLC video player, break your video down into smaller parts
2- Rip the audio from those smaller parts
3- Use pyTranscriber to transcribe each audio file. (It automatically creates both a text file AND .srt files)
4- Take the existing text, or .srt file and use Google translate to translate it into whichever language you want.
5- Cut and paste them sequentially into whichever subtitle creator software you prefer. (My personal favorites are Aegisub and Subtitle edit)
6- (optional) Edit the text (using Aegisub or other) to fit more smoothly into the flow of your native language's syntax.
That's it.
It takes some time, but it's far easier than making every line from scratch.
(Just the .srt files pyTranscriber makes save a ton of time by creating a line for each line of dialog. It's almost like having a digital assistant who does the front end grunt work.)
That is good advice. I do something like that too. It's a good place to get started.:cihuy:

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
I thought I'd post the translation notes I've been making when working on subtitles. I've exported to CSV format, which any spreadsheet program can import. Because I'm translating audio, not text, I don't bother with written Japanese (which is an entirely different challenge), and instead sort the table by the English-like Romaji equivalent. After that, I include a literal translation, alternate translation (often an inferred or alternate meaning), and notes which may give context.

Because I work exclusively on lesbian titles, the table's content is skewed in that direction. For example, I recently released a subtitle in which one girl suggested to another "kai awase ru?" It turns out "kai-awase" is a Japanese "shell-matching game". And as it turns out, it's also an amazing euphemism for tribadism. The Chinese I was working from was actually translated into their own native euphemism, "grinding tofu", which is also kind of awesome, but not quite culturally correct, I suppose. Fun stuff.

Many of these I was able to figure out by mimicking spoken Japanese into my Google Translation app. When that didn't work, I'd take a guess in English based on situational context and search through the possible translations for similar sounding words. Practice makes perfect, I suppose, but there may be errors here, so user beware, I'm still very much an amateur JAV translator, although improving a bit with each project (an even dozen now).
Thank you for your notes. They will be help for me later I am certain hahaha:cheers:

maload

Jul 1, 2008
this is ssni 103 at 3.46 minutes

i see this from subtitle .

what do you think about this " xiao sao is a little bit "

i guess that this is google translate from chinese subtitle ?

but do you ever seen this " xiao sao " word before.

so whats that mean ??

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 83