akiba resident JAV subtitlers & subtitle talk★NOT A SUB REQUEST THREAD★

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Hey guys,
Why is 'let's go' used so often in Chinese? Just to fill in space?
In JAV, it sounds like hora, a spanish sounding word.

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
ほら. According to google it means look. They often seem to use it if they want the woman to look at the dick going into their pussy.

Do note, I don't speak Japanese, but that's often the situation I hear it used in when watching JAV.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
"hora" / ほらis an interjection, like you'd say "there...", "look here...", "hey...", "you see...", etc. It doesn't really have a perfect English analogy, unfortunately, so you have to use context to pick the best closest phrase that makes sense. But I don't think it means "look" in the literal sense. We just happen to say "look" or "look here" as an exclamation in English as well.

I suspect the phrase itself is a bit masculine, but I've occasionally heard it used by women too, particularly if they're in a somewhat dominant role.

I think I typically end up translating it as "Hey!", "Hey there!", or "There!".

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/japanese-english/ほら

Dictionary definition: there [interjection] used when a person has been shown to be correct, when something bad happens, or when something has been completed
Yeah. I don't want to dismissed it but boy does it bugged the shit out of me.
Not because I think its wrong, but I'm trying to understand what the man is saying.
Honestly, I will leave it. Why go through the trouble :D

Thank you very much.

okless

Jan 29, 2021
Hey guys,
Why is 'let's go' used so often in Chinese? Just to fill in space?
In JAV, it sounds like hora, a spanish sounding word.
if you ues Translation software for" 我去了,要去了"these chinese words,you will see "i want to go, lets go" .But what it really means is I’m gonna Come, I’m coming

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
ほら. According to google it means look. They often seem to use it if they want the woman to look at the dick going into their pussy.

Do note, I don't speak Japanese, but that's often the situation I hear it used in when watching JAV.
Thanks.
I seen it used there as well, but in other places.
For example, the guy was explaining to the girl why he wants to fuck her and took a quick breath and said "hora" and started talking again. lol

I think for those instances if its translated, I'll keep it.
If its not translated, I might ignore it and move on:rolleyes:

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
if you ues Translation software for" 我去了,要去了"these chinese words,you will see "i want to go, lets go" .But what it really means is I’m gonna Come, I’m coming
Very cool. I appreciate that.:)

Thank you.

okless

Jan 29, 2021
Thanks.
I seen it used there as well, but in other places.
For example, the guy was explaining to the girl why he wants to fuck her and took a quick breath and said "hora" and started talking again. lol

I think for those instances if its translated, I'll keep it.
If its not translated, I might ignore it and move on:rolleyes:
In this scenario, it usually means, come on, baby. The implication is that I have explained so much, why don't you let me fuck you. It means begging and urging

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
In this scenario, it usually means, come on, baby. The implication is that I have explained so much, why don't you let me fuck you. It means begging and urging
Seems good to me lol
Thanks.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Anyone guess?
I think I know. 大樹ちゃんと教えてください
The Chinese sub went with, " you got your ass up". lol

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Oh, that probably just means its in a language-specific codepage instead of Unicode. It could very well be Chinese. Easiest way I know to convert:
Download Notepad++ (it's free). Open file in Notepad++.
In the Encoding menu, note the current encoding. Select Convert to UTF-8.

Try it again and see how it looks in Notepad.
Edit: I try it with an online converter as you said and it work! Thank you :)
BTW, did you know the Japanese have a name for that sort of garbled text?
I did not know about the W. But I am not surprise given the different languages and cultures.

Last edited:

Playguuu

Apr 26, 2020
And now a small treat. Felt like subbing THE TRAILER for an upcoming JAV, CAWD-278: The Relationship Between My Father And Little Sister Is Too Dangerous... Yui Amane

cawd278pl.jpg

Coming soon on September 7th LOL.

(Just download the trailer and play the subs)

Attachments

• CAWD-278 (trailer).rar
    1.3 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: Taako