akiba resident JAV subtitlers & subtitle talk★NOT A SUB REQUEST THREAD★

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Hello, just curious: what are the chinese characters which are translated to this "do not ah" ?
I am blanking on it. I think HUNL-027 when using Google Translate. But It could be DeepL, too?
I only use machine translations sparingly.
Ok. try these:
1. "Come on" = "Let's go"/"Come here"/"I'm coming" (if these are directional, the 2nd one is better, if they're mixed, 1st one. If it's a straight up mistranslation, replace all of them with "I'm coming")
2. "do not ah" = "Please no"/"No more"
3. "is it comfortable"/"does it feel comfortable" = "does it feel good" (personal preference)
4. "comfortable"/"comfortable it" = "feels so good"
5. "Touch" = "Stroke"
6. "Well" = "Good"
7. "Hows it going" = "Whats the matter" (should fix the "nice" interactions and "aggressive" ones without needing to know the context)
8. "That's right" = "That's it"
9. "Dad" = "Daddy"/"Father"/"Papa" (personal preference, switch these depending on relationship as stepdaughter, daughter-in-law, lolicon)
I appreciate that lol
Your suggestion will help

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
So I wish to share a total fuck up that happen to me yesterday haha
It's a short story.
I was almost finish with my first sub on Subtitle Edit... then I mistakenly overwritten it with an old sub.
I wanted to cry and kick my computer. :eek: :confused::mad:
Yesterday I spend countless hours trying to find that file.
I used countless software; Stellar Data Recovery(it's a good software) ,Disk Drill, and various articles.
I was able to find a version from 3 days ago.
No, I did not have my computer back-up turn on BUT BUT I had been saving my work so often.
I was thinking of System starting point or whateva its called, but Idk if that would work.
Anyways, I'm back at it again. Is there a gun emoji here so I can shoot myself lol. :jotos:

Playguuu

Apr 26, 2020
So I wish to share a total fuck up that happen to me yesterday haha
It's a short story.
I was almost finish with my first sub on Subtitle Edit... then I mistakenly overwritten it with an old sub.
I wanted to cry and kick my computer. :eek: :confused::mad:
Yesterday I spend countless hours trying to find that file.
I used countless software; Stellar Data Recovery(it's a good software) ,Disk Drill, and various articles.
I was able to find a version from 3 days ago.
No, I did not have my computer back-up turn on BUT BUT I had been saving my work so often.
I was thinking of System starting point or whateva its called, but Idk if that would work.
Anyways, I'm back at it again. Is there a gun emoji here so I can shoot myself lol. :jotos:
Aiyah, you have my sympathies, friend.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Aiyah, you have my sympathies, friend.
Good news!! Good news!!!!
Was about to start over and import a older sub in the "FILE" tab, but I notice in that same tab...
My eyes saw the 'Restore Auto Back-up' feature. I decided what the hell. Check it out.
Btw, yesterday I did check all the Subtitle Edit Tabs. Just sayin.
Restore Auto Back-up had tons of subs from my previous sessions. All I had to do was pick one.
I feel like this feature was made for block-heads like me.:p
Needlessly to say, the sub was there!!!! After looking it over, it's legit!
So I say, if anything like this happens to you guys, check there first!
So there you go! Not all was lost! I had to come back fresh and with LOADS of luck! haha:cambuk:

Reactions: Imscully

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Yep, that's a good start. I've found one also has to consider context with the original Japanese. They often leave out a lot of explicit information, instead relying on implicit understanding of the conversation and subject matter in many sentences or phrases. It's a bit unfortunate, because that's extremely difficult for machines to translate, since they translate phrase by phrase instead of following a conversation. The same phrase can be a question, or directed at different people depending on context. I've also noticed that translations also get pronouns wrong, because I believe that's often left out in Japanese (or may be ambiguous), forcing a need to simply guess by machine translation.

It's really made me realize how much room there is for advancement in machine translation. For those of us who don't read or understand Japanese (I only know just a bit), it's unfortunate having to rely on such primitive translations, but at least humans can pick up on much more context and turn it back into something decent with a bit of work. Well, a lot of work, actually.
I know some Japanese and I will have to give machine translation it's due, in regards for those want a quick, somewhat incoherent mess lol
But really, machine translations are handy, as well as the Chinese translations. Frustrating but handy.

Playguuu

Apr 26, 2020
Yep, that's a good start. I've found one also has to consider context with the original Japanese. They often leave out a lot of explicit information, instead relying on implicit understanding of the conversation and subject matter in many sentences or phrases. It's a bit unfortunate, because that's extremely difficult for machines to translate, since they translate phrase by phrase instead of following a conversation. The same phrase can be a question, or directed at different people depending on context. I've also noticed that translations also get pronouns wrong, because I believe that's often left out in Japanese (or may be ambiguous), forcing a need to simply guess by machine translation.

It's really made me realize how much room there is for advancement in machine translation. For those of us who don't read or understand Japanese (I only know just a bit), it's unfortunate having to rely on such primitive translations, but at least humans can pick up on much more context and turn it back into something decent with a bit of work. Well, a lot of work, actually.
That's what I'm going for. Try to use context-neutral words that can be interpreted correctly with the action. Otherwise you could just as easily have manually changed the words yourself

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
I was looking over a Chinese sub and came across this line:
-You have to do a mirage quickly before vomiting
How did they get that, from this?>> 学校行く前に早く****しなきゃ :rolleyes:

I have now ran into the infamous filler subs. The person who did the sub decide to go overboard and fill spaces when
1. There are no words being spoken.
2. The lines added make no sense to the current scene.
3. Adding actors speaking in the background and even with my limited Japanese, there's no way he can hear what they are saying.
So far his original sub was over 1800 lines now I have it at 1520.

Last edited:

maload

Jul 1, 2008
sometime i guess that they just random put words in their sub so dont be hard on that much.
just take it easy and put something you want to that sub.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Just thought I'd share a quick tip when translating from Chinese subs. Proper names tend to get especially mangled, due to the Chinese reading of characters, instead of how Japanese may read those same glyphs. If you want to extract the proper Japanese name, simply force the source (if using Google Translate) to Japanese instead of Chinese, and you can extract the correct Japanese name in English / Romaji.

For example, the Chinese sentence: 这是紫式部说过的话
translates to: This is what Zi Shibu said

If I force the source to Japanese, the output is: Murasaki Shikibu

This presumably just ignores the Chinese glyphs it doesn't understand in Japanese, leaving us with the proper name.

On occasion, the Chinese translation will also translate the meaning of the Japanese name literally. Like if a name means "citrus scented" (Yuzuka) or something like that, you get some very bizarre English results. If you don't understand the English at all, try this to see if a proper name is being mis-translated.

Maybe sort of obvious trick to some, but it took me a while to figure this out, so I thought I'd mention it.
That's a cool tip. Thank you

maload

Jul 1, 2008
anyone have subtitle that posted by " bonekace"

MIDE-002 Yuria Satomi Elder Sister is Too Wild

MDYD-881 Eri Hosaka.srt - 39 KB

ADN-032 Yui Hatano: Woman Teacher. Meet Again with Student and Getting Wet on Unfaithfulnes.

HBAD-256 Niiyama Saya Young Wife Gang-r***ing In Front Husband

bonekace

STAR-497 Risa Tachibanana LEGEND

SNIS-191 Kirara Asuka.srt - 38 KB

SOE-936 - Akiho Yoshizawa, Elder Brother's Wife Seduce Me

or others file that you have been collected ?

want to learn lots of thing from his work.

thank you so much

Philipp Blubb

Feb 29, 2020
anyone have subtitle that posted by " bonekace"

MIDE-002 Yuria Satomi Elder Sister is Too Wild

MDYD-881 Eri Hosaka.srt - 39 KB

ADN-032 Yui Hatano: Woman Teacher. Meet Again with Student and Getting Wet on Unfaithfulnes.

bonekace

STAR-497 Risa Tachibanana LEGEND

SNIS-191 Kirara Asuka.srt - 38 KB

SOE-936 - Akiho Yoshizawa, Elder Brother's Wife Seduce Me

or others file that you have been collected ?

want to learn lots of thing from his work.

thank you so much
Plz look here for more.

Attachments

• ADN-032.srt.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 146

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
I've translated ten movies from Chinese to English now, and as I learn more Japanese phrases (I'm sure I'm getting some hilariously skewed knowledge here), I'm discovering how bad some of the Chinese subs really are. They often get close enough when people are talking clearly, and I suspect that those parts are machine-translated, then cleaned up - the same process I use. But quite often, especially during sex scenes, I'm seeing the result of translation by people who clearly don't actually know much Japanese... apparently even less than me, which is hard to believe. You can often tell these are just guesses by a human, because they typically make sense based on the context of the action, but are still completely wrong.

At this point, I'm having to double-check almost everything, which adds a lot of work, but I kind of hate when the translations are just blatantly wrong. Maybe I'm being too picky, but I like actually knowing what's said. Anyhow, lesson learned; don't trust Chinese translations too much.

Another quick tip: I found it's occasionally helpful to use Google's translate app on my smartphone. Sometimes you can try to repeat a mumbled phrase, and you often get better results than the original, since it may be too obscured by other noises, etc. It's also helpful in instant translation of any on-screen text. I just used it to perform a quick translation of chat text in a smartphone app shown onscreen.
Yeah I'm the same. I am the type that wants to know what's being said.
Chinese sub is a hit or miss. Sometimes I spend so much time double checking, I wonder if it worth it.:mad:
The Chinese subs have gotten better. And I feel they're at least trying.
But you're right, when it's wrong ITS WRONG.

What I do first: the sex scenes or the longer scenes.
I find them harder for me because of the over-talking and the sex noise(moaning, and screaming).

I've learn to shorten the dialogue, if necessary.
For example: I understand what you mean but this is something that must be done.
Translation: I guess it can't be helped. ;)

Another thing I learn... to simply move on. Yes it's hard when you hear the dialogue and can't understand.
You can either:
A. Try to clean up the dialogue with Audacity.
B. Ask for help. (I do this)
C. Cuss the sound guy for being a fukkk up!:mad:
D. Add you own dialogue. (I've done this very, very... very sparingly)
E. Leave it.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
A little help guys. I'm translating some scenes from SHIC-015.
Any idea what this might mean? そんな気持ち見たい=Son'na kimochi mitai

Thanks.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Edit: whoops, didn't see you had gotten a response before I replied. Yeah, I've used "I want to see you feeling good" or similar phrases.
No problem that's what I originally had as well.
Thank you.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Hey guys, is shaking or twitching a good replacement for ぴょん= hopping/skipping?
Anyone come across this word before before?

Judging by the daughter action towards her dad.
its meant to be playful. I think the word is more associated with a sound? I'm thinking of a cartoon rabbit hopping
I might be losing it :rolleyes:

Playguuu

Apr 26, 2020
Hey guys, is shaking or twitching a good replacement for ぴょん= hopping/skipping?
Anyone come across this word before before?

Judging by the daughter action towards her dad.
its meant to be playful. I think the word is more associated with a sound? I'm thinking of a cartoon rabbit hopping
I might be losing it :rolleyes:
It says "jumping up and down", so "riding"/"ride" or "bouncing"?
That would keep your playful context. Normally I'd go with twitching, convulsing or shaking, but I usually watch a different genre so...

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
It says "jumping up and down", so "riding"/"ride" or "bouncing"?
That would keep your playful context. Normally I'd go with twitching, convulsing or shaking, but I usually watch a different genre so...
I think bouncing is good in this context. Thank you.