What games are you playing?

Motiman

Akiba Citizen
Oct 30, 2007
Curious to know if anyone have played Sony's Yakuza 6. I seen it features Yui Hatano, Yua Mikami, and Anri Okita in CGI models and live action visuals. Is the game like GTA?
Still got 5 to play, thank you PS Plus! Had to fish out my PS3 but wish to play it soon. I doubt 6 will arrive in the west any time soon.

Just completed Everybody's gone to the rapture. Requires a lot of patience but I felt the overall experience was worth it. Five hours was just about the right length, any longer would have been too much.

RCS722

Bond...James Bond
Nov 28, 2016
Currently i´m playing for the 5th time, GTA III and GTA Vice City on the PC.
On the Xbox One, Forza Horizon 3 which is a masterpiece.

Reactions: Motiman

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
Battlefield 1.So far the single player campaign is pretty awesome. From what I can tell there are different stories in the game. Like some of the Call of duty games you are not playing just a single character through out the whole game. When your character gets killed it shows their name, year of birth and year of death. Some of the missions you can choose to be stealthy or go in guns a blazing. Since its a WWI 3rd person shooter there is isn't a huge selection of guns like there is some of the other battlefield and call of duty games.

Motiman

Akiba Citizen
Oct 30, 2007
Battlefield 1.So far the single player campaign is pretty awesome. From what I can tell there are different stories in the game. Like some of the Call of duty games you are not playing just a single character through out the whole game. When your character gets killed it shows their name, year of birth and year of death. Some of the missions you can choose to be stealthy or go in guns a blazing. Since its a WWI 3rd person shooter there is isn't a huge selection of guns like there is some of the other battlefield and call of duty games.

I heard it was good. I have no interest in playing multiplayer so a strong single player is a must, and hearing that this one is quite good means i may probably borrow it from my friend who has it. Titanfall 2 is supposed to have a very good single player campaign too.

Just finished both The Last Guardian and Inside recently. Would highly recommend both.

Also still trudging my way through Phantom Pain. This game is so close to being great, but having to make my way through the rather aimless second chapter is just not satisfying.

Reactions: EzikialRage

ashshark

Araumi No Ohja
Jul 11, 2016
i am playing battlefield 1 too, the campaign is pretty nice, some storys are really cool (the runner is my fav for now)

Reactions: EzikialRage

kharo88

Akiba Citizen
Sep 13, 2015
I finished Torment: Tides of Numenera today. It's good. Not as good as the original Torment was, but it's around the level of Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer. The world is strange, even if you're familiar with the TTRPG, the rules work a lot better in the CRPG (contrary to D&D), there is a fair amount of reactivity and the side-quests are mostly meaningful/interesting. You could feel that they were trying really hard to make a game like the original Torment, though, which I personally didn't like, but others might find the parallels awesome. As for the companions, they couldn't make me care for them much, but they were going for the strange theme, just like in the original. This is definitely one of the best "modern old-school" RPGs, which might not mean much considering the rest of the games in the genre, but still...

Reactions: mago

kharo88

Akiba Citizen
Sep 13, 2015
I was playing Rabi-Ribi which is a great metroidvania type game, with a very cute anime girl art style so it like, ticks all the boxes for me.. it's a great game as well, some people were put off by the art style but I find it a bonus, the bosses are pretty challenging, and exploration is great and it's just overall very cute.

Not sure what to play next, I have several games in the queue: Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity, Salt and Sanctuary, Y's Memories of Celceta, Shantae Half Genie Hero, TAIKER, Tales of Berseria, and Atelier Firis The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey... Any suggestions, anyone played any of those?

I'm currently playing through Tales of Berseria. I don't like JRPGS in general, but after reading how this one starts and what it's about I gave it a try and I don't regret it. It's your typical JRPG, some silly jokes, some over the top moments, a couple of touching scenes, slow pace and lots of grinding if you're not playing on easy I'd imagine. There are very few side-quests and I don't really get the combat (which is my fault) but I can manage on easy. It looks like you're into a lot of Japanese stuff so I don't think it's that different, but I really like playing the "bad" guys.

kharo88

Akiba Citizen
Sep 13, 2015
Very few side quests? That's disappointing.. Tales games are usually chock full of side quests, in fact in most of them that's like half of the game ahaha... Maybe you haven't got to the part where they start becoming available yet..

This is my first Tales game, so I don't know how many side-quests should be in the game, but there aren't many. There are mini games, however, but I don't do those. And honestly, I think I'm getting close to the end, so unless there is a free roam phase after the main story's conclusion with additional content there are really only a few side-quests. But the game is pretty long as it is, so I don't mind.

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3. Just started it. Its basically more like a buggy/glitchy version of Far Cry game instead a tactile first person shooter. You have a safe house, you have to unlock new weapons and upgrades. you can craft items, you can go to sleep and wake up and what ever time you want like in Far Cry series, drive around in a car.Hopefully there are some updates to fix the bugs/glitches.

kharo88

Akiba Citizen
Sep 13, 2015
Tekken 7. It's a lot of fun even though I'm still struggling with the controls. Putting in commands at the right time is so hard! Anyway, I decided to go with the keyboard as I can't seem to be able to pull off some combos with a controller. Yeah, I know... I obviously don't have any ambitions, but seeing the difference between the pros and poor old me just makes me want to learn the game so much at least to the point where I don't feel like a complete scrub. If anyone's on PC, in Europe and would like to play a bad Steve PM me and I'll add you on Steam!

incertus

Jun 8, 2017
Also I bought Fallout:new Vegas and Dark souls III, but alas, I installed to many mods for FNV and it only has 20FPS,also my laptop can't meet the requirement for Dark Souls III,so I have to play the old time games...however, I REALLY love Baldur's Gate。

Reactions: Motiman and kharo88

Motiman

Akiba Citizen
Oct 30, 2007
Tekken 7. It's a lot of fun even though I'm still struggling with the controls. Putting in commands at the right time is so hard! Anyway, I decided to go with the keyboard as I can't seem to be able to pull off some combos with a controller. Yeah, I know... I obviously don't have any ambitions, but seeing the difference between the pros and poor old me just makes me want to learn the game so much at least to the point where I don't feel like a complete scrub. If anyone's on PC, in Europe and would like to play a bad Steve PM me and I'll add you on Steam!

I have the same problem with fighting games myself. I just can't press the damn buttons fast enough. I never play fighting games for this reason, which may be part of the problem obviously, but my twitch reflexes never seem quick enough which is why i tend to end up playing rpg titles instead. For instance, i saw some gameplay from Injustice 2 recently and was amazed at how good it looked. I remember downloading the first game as a freebie a few months back so thought i would give it a go. Big mistake. I just could not seem to get into the rhythm of it and most matches ended up with me simply hitting simple kicks and punches as i was crap at pulling moves. I definitely think playing with a controller does not help but surely it can't be that hard. Anyway, i gave up out of frustration and returned to Nier Automata (30 hours and only just got ending B).

Reactions: kharo88

kharo88

Akiba Citizen
Sep 13, 2015
I have the same problem with fighting games myself. I just can't press the damn buttons fast enough. I never play fighting games for this reason, which may be part of the problem obviously, but my twitch reflexes never seem quick enough which is why i tend to end up playing rpg titles instead. For instance, i saw some gameplay from Injustice 2 recently and was amazed at how good it looked. I remember downloading the first game as a freebie a few months back so thought i would give it a go. Big mistake. I just could not seem to get into the rhythm of it and most matches ended up with me simply hitting simple kicks and punches as i was crap at pulling moves. I definitely think playing with a controller does not help but surely it can't be that hard. Anyway, i gave up out of frustration and returned to Nier Automata (30 hours and only just got ending B).

My problem with the controller is that I just can't get the movement right. It doesn't matter if I use the arrows or the stick, I end up putting in commands that I don't want to happen, for example jumping backwards when I simply wanted to move backwards. The diagonal moves are a lot easier to execute with a stick though. Also, sometimes a button just registers twice and breaks the combo... I'm not even sure if I'm just that lame or if it's the controller (it's a fairly old one). Another problem is that some button-combinations just won't register on a keyboard... So I really don't know what to do. I'm definitely not at the level where I'd be justified in investing in a fighting stick. So I guess for now I'll just keep struggling!