1. The May FileJoker Contest is Over

Congratulations to all the winners!

To see who won, check out the announcement thread
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

What games are you playing?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Maximus_Ahriman, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Motiman

Motiman Akiba Citizen

Still in my desk draw waiting for me to complete The Phantom Pain before i can move on. :rolleyes:

That's the great thing with Fallout. The choices you make do seem to make a difference in the world and how people react to you.

Also just downloaded the final chapter of Life Is Strange and really looking forward to completing this awesome game. Really can't wait to see how the story ends and just how much impact i can make to how it plays out.
    Ceewan likes this.
  2. Ceewan

Ceewan Famished

Yeah, they do a good bit of work on making it a good RPG as well as a good first person shooter. The "faction armor" in New Vegas was new to me though and it took some getting used to; put on some NCR armor once and got blown away as a spy by my NCR buddies. Classically though, as in Fall Out 3, there are no real "good guys" and I like that about the series. New Vegas made a lot of improvements but it is a much more complex game (and there are more weapoms than you can "shake a stick at"). A lot of fun, when I make the time to play it.

Good luck on your new game.
    Motiman likes this.
  3. genki_desu

genki_desu Well-Known Member

I recently got back into playing Star Wars: The Old Republic and a lot has changed so if anyone was thinking about returning then be prepared for a new game experience.
  4. thieulamht

thieulamht New Member

I am playing starcraft 2
  5. Blood_Doll

Blood_Doll Well-Known Member

Almost done with Hard West - Scars of Freedom. Then moving on to Ashes of the Singularity.
    Ceewan likes this.
  6. Blood_Doll

Scratch that. Ashes of the Singularity didn't like my graphics card very much. :(

Moving on to Act of Aggression.
    Ceewan likes this.
  7. Ceewan

Ceewan Famished

Yeah. I hate when a game needs a different graphics card than the one I have installed. Replaying Far Cry 3 right now and my "new" GPU gets hot enough to cook rice. Mind you most of my game settings are maxed out but I just bought this card not long ago and this is an old game so fuck it.....let the bitch cook and hopefully it won't fry my power supply.
  8. Blood_Doll

With you on that. With the new games coming out now you basically need a rig that's going to cost the same as a mid sized mansion. It would be cheaper just to buy a console. *gag* Back in the day the developers gave you an option of tweaking your settings to suit your rig; now it's just a fuck you, buy a million dollar graphics card to play our games.
    !!liger!! and Ceewan like this.
  9. Bafucin

Bafucin \(o.O)/

377 hours of Sid Meier's civilization V :D
    Ceewan likes this.
  10. Blood_Doll

I love Civilization! I tend to nuke everyone when I have that technology. :)

Seeing that my graphics card has proven to be of Commodore64 standard according to the new games, I'm going old school and playing an awesome little game called: Shadowrun Dragon fall. The sequel Hong Kong waits after that. I just don't have the money for a graphics card required for the new games. It's basically the cost of a PS4, an Xbox One and all their babies put together...
    Ceewan and Bafucin like this.
  11. Ceewan

Ceewan Famished

I actually owned a Commodore 64, it was the height of computer tech in its' day.......sigh. Played SSI games on it mainly, games you can't even find now.

You can build a very decent computer for little over a grand but do not upgrade your GPU without making sure you have a power supply to handle it or you will fry something for sure (for optimization you want a power supply at least a 100 watts over your basic needs). Don't shop at a retail store for what you want either. Browse the internet for ideas and buy it all at Newegg and Amazon. If you don't feel you can do the build yourself just get the parts and take it to a shop to build for you for under a $100. Put the whole damn thing on the same credit card and pay it off in under a year if you don't have the cash.

Re-playing Far Cry 4 now, my GPU is handling that a little better but still heats up enough to trigger my air conditioner (helps if you don't have the settings maxed out). Loved CIV IV but they made a lot of changes in CIV V, a much tougher game and I don't have it at the moment. Figuring on giving Fallout 4 a try next, see if my GPU can handle that.
    Blood_Doll likes this.
  12. Bafucin

Bafucin \(o.O)/

Trust me, you are going to love it. It's like a drug. Ones you play it, you can't leave it. It's extra nice with some beer och wine. :p:D
    Blood_Doll and Ceewan like this.
  13. hollywool

hollywool New Member

The oldie Freelancer, to keep me in the right frame of mind when Star Citizen gets released. o_O
    I may get one of the dozens of mods still out there.

Carrier Command
    I didn't think it would have much replay value, but sometimes you gotta get creative about attacking those islands.
    Ceewan likes this.
  14. 01AKUser10

01AKUser10 mors ab Faith

mame.JPG
    Old School Bitches!
    !!liger!! likes this.
  15. Shinto1337

Shinto1337 oi! :D

only Dota, competitive tho
    Ceewan likes this.
  16. supersam

supersam Loves Bukkake, Loves Lesbians & Loves Gokkun!!

Yakuza 5 on PS3 next week I'll be playing Uncharted 4.
    Ceewan likes this.
  17. Motiman

Motiman Akiba Citizen

I wish my PS3 hadn't died. Is Yakuza 5 available to play on the PS4?
    supersam likes this.
  18. supersam

supersam Loves Bukkake, Loves Lesbians & Loves Gokkun!!

Shame about your PS3 :( At the moment Yakuza 5 is only available to play on the PS3.
    I'm looking forward to Yakuza Zero and Yakuza 6 getting a western release on PS4 in the near future..
    Motiman likes this.
  19. Motiman

Motiman Akiba Citizen

I've played all the mainline games in the series and even the zombie one so i really want to get my hands on this before six or zero obviously. I also have a vita so perhaps we may see the game released for either it or the ps4. I may just have to borrow a friends PS3 if i get a chance.

Also want to replay both Persona 3 and 4 before the fifth edition comes out, probably next year in the west. I was going to get P3 portable until i heard they had removed the anime scenes which is disappointing to hear. Looks like i'm just going to dust off my old PS2.
    supersam and Ceewan like this.
  20. lordsuperjesus

lordsuperjesus The Great Gokkun Sage.

i'll been playing a lot of dark souls 3, i really like that game. any one here play multi-player pc games? i'm kinda a solo player but i would love to group up in some dota or something.