The Weeboo Art Thread

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
Not a fan of the face or the hair on this one. :|

Then again, I haven't had a chance to doodle for about 5 days (eeps, I know!) and I still haven't made enough progress to even warrant another upload, so I'm one to talk.

Oh, that and the fact that you rock. :D

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
I finally found a class where I can practice drawing. It's only on Tuesdays from 1pm to 3pm, but it's a course I've taken many times: and that's Genetics. lol So today I got some decent practice in trying to learn the ways of the CLAMP eye. Specifically, Chii from Chobits.

What did I learn from this? Chobits has a LOT of vapid expressions. XD

Don't get me wrong: I love the manga, and the anime's my all-time favorite, but I never realized just how many of the characters had their eyes half-shut!! Neither smiling nor crying! No anger! No surprise! NOTHING! Just this sort of dazed half-existance. Chii and Minoru are most guilty of this.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
Bump. I got some draft/tracing paper to work with. It's been pretty good for tracing, but it's super-duper thin. I'm still working on faces. Really, part of the problem is that I get bored drawing still-life P.O.S.es, but because I'm a drawing amateur, I really do need to learn the basics behind line, shade, shape, etc before I can even worry about anime humanform shapes and 3D orientations.

My biggest problem right now is that I can't, for the life of me, draw anything outside of the "I am looking straight at you" perspective. Like, look at my sig: I can't draw those yet. Not a sideways profile, and not a semi-sideways profile. It has to be dead-on or I end up drawing eyes which look like they belong to Quasi Modo.

I'll post some scans later.

SdeO

Tomoe Fascination
Nov 14, 2006
My biggest problem right now is that I can't, for the life of me, draw anything outside of the "I am looking straight at you" perspective. Like, look at my sig: I can't draw those yet.
For that you need to learn how to draw a simple cube first. Get some boxes of any size and sketch them, also if you have some anime figure draw it from any view point!
------------------

A scrapped character design:

SdeO

Tomoe Fascination
Nov 14, 2006
Thanks!

Now, Sengoku Nadeko from Bakemonogatari:

2zg9m5d.jpg

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
Cool! I've drawn a lot of Pikachus recently. It's going okay. I still haven't hooked up that scanner I got from my friend, but I'll try to do that and then show you guys the pictures I've been working on.

As a sneak peek, they look only marginally better ;P than this. (Thrown together in 60 seconds in MSPaint just now.)

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
"Run out of ideas?" Heresy! :p

The following is all pure stream-of-consciousness generated. Assume naked female unless otherwise specified.

• long hair. drenched in honey (having been dumped on her from some unspecified height from above, such that it's mostly caught on her head, shoulders, and arms). Head is hanging anteroinferiorly (i.e. she's facing the floor). Hair is drooping down in front of and to the sides of her head. Arms are horizontally outstretched. Honey dripping down from them like wide, thin sheets of molasses. Unable to tell from body language whether girl is happy or sad, tense or relaxed. Very neutral body tone/position. American B cup to C cup breasts. Blondey-brown hair color. White skin.
  • chubby girl (not obese, but got a little bit of a tummy and some "not lean" arms and legs). Riding male partner. Look of glee on face. Open mouth. Closed eyes. Facing slightly towards the ceiling, head cocked slightly backwards. Viewed from a 30° angle with respect to the vertical axis (i.e. we're not looking at her from behind or straight on, but like ... we're standing facing her left shoulder). Normal elevation (i.e. we're not in the sky and we're not on the floor, either. We're at her eye level, roughly, give or take an inch). Her tush has just smushed back up against his crotch at the moment caught on film (err, paper). Her back is arched (in ecstasy) but otherwise is vertically aligned. Arms are in any position, hands are doing whatever. Hair is long, brunette. Skin is cream-colored.
  • Japanese girl just got back from a 1-month trip to Okinawa. Nice full-body tan. We are at her eye-level and are standing roughly 2 to 3 feet behind her (i.e. pretty close). She is wearing tight-fitting blue jeans which bring out her very nice ass. She is not wearing any top. She is twisting around her mid-waist to look at us from behind her shoulder. (Neck twisted to compensate, as well. Basically, she's looking behind at us without moving her feet.) Mid-to-long length hair but done up in a single ponytail. Almond eyes, cute nose. Eyes are slightly large (e.g. "doe-eyed") but are not suggestive of major shock/surprise, only ever-so-slight surprise. Girl was in the middle of eating an ice cream cone. Little bit of ice cream is on her nose. (Maybe also: a little bit of melted ice cream is dribbling down her chest? I dunno if I like this. Kinda do, kinda don't.) Breast size is large (to you), average (to me), an American C / Japanese D cup. For greatest effect, ice cream is vanilla (to draw out her tan skin).
  • Imouto-kon time. Subject is 16-year old younger sister. She is wearing a thin-strap tank top. Breast size is same as before, ~C cup USA / ~D cup Japan. Oh fine, I know you like them smaller :p , make it a B cup if you want. (JUST NOT FLAT! ;_; ) We are standing directly in front of said sister, maybe 1-2 feet away from her body, ~inches to 1 foot away from her face. She is looking up at us (in one version) or is looking down at her textbook (in another version), I can't pick. The textbook is on top of the table below us, and (due to perspective) is quite a ways away from us visually. But you can make out some of the pictures, barely: it shows people having sex, maybe a vagina, maybe a penis, maybe a condom or a dildo. The girl's breasts are smushed together a bit, accentuating her cleavage, because (Version #1) of the placement of her hands on either edge of the textbook, fingers pointed out to the walls of the room (i.e. 180° from the center of the book), or because (Version #2) one hand is leaning on the table while the other hand is pointing to one of the pictures, and the way in which she's doing it is using her upper arms to squish her boobs a bit. Either way, there's a speech bubble (or a caption, take your pick) in which she asks, "Onii-chan, can you teach me about sex?" (or some such). Top garment is a thickly-saturated, bright-luminosity pink. Bottom garment (say a casual skirt for wearing around the house) is sky blue. Hair color, length, and style are up to the drawer. (I pictured medium-short [i.e. reaches the nape of the neck] with two side ponytails, each of which is tied up with a scrunchy that has two cherry-sized balls to it.)

And now I want to go out and get what I was going to get a few minutes ago. :p :) The point is! You should never be low on ideas! :p That's blasphemy!

EDIT: how could I forget? This attached picture is (obviously) not something I drew, but I would love to get to the point where I can draw stuff like this. :D And the reason I'm posting it is because it's so fantastical (i.e. fiction, fantasy, whatever word you want to use) that it drives home the point that the sky is the limit when it comes to hentai! :D

SdeO

Tomoe Fascination
Nov 14, 2006
For some reason I feel the urgency of only draw flat chested girls from now on... :p

But you're right, there's a lot of fun ideas to make pictures,
I'm just worn out after working so many hours on my drawing board.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
I plan on hooking up the scanner later tonight. (Seriously!) I'm posting in the mean time to let you know that I purchased a home-use thermal laminator at Wal-Mart the other day for just $30. It's made by Scotch (of Scotch tape fame), and it works amazingly. I love it. The relevance to this thread, and indeed the very reason I bought it in the first place, is that I've gone ahead and laminated my drawing templates. This includes:
- opaque paper with print-offs of people's artwork or screencaps from shows
- see-through tracing paper with tracings of the above

The tracing paper kept curling up and getting torn in my art bag. Now that I've laminated the traces, it lets me superimpose the trace over any future drawings I do. The idea is, I draw it without tracing (but looking at the source) and I then super-impose the trace over the new drawing. This way, I can see specifically where and how I deviated from the original, e.g. head too fat or too narrow, eyes too high or too low, etc.

Here are some really low-res sample pictures. The originals were 1600 x 1200 taken with my cell phone, and I shrank 'em down to 800 x 600.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
So, I finally hooked it up. @_@ Sorry for all the accidental fibs. Anyway, here are some samples. I'm pooped -- it takes a long time to scan, and a lot of this is my old stuff. I'd rather try to draw something new and then scan it instead. (Note: you won't notice much difference, but I will! XD)

The images below are enormous (resolution-wise) 'cause I scanned them as 300 dpi @ 8.5"x11" area and am too lazy to scale them down right now. :(

SdeO

Tomoe Fascination
Nov 14, 2006
300 dpi it's an overkill! Scan your drawings at 100-150 dpi in grayscale.

Also, check this page:
Code:
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~ZM5S-NKMR/
It's in Japanese, but you can learn a lot just looking at the pictures.

SdeO

Tomoe Fascination
Nov 14, 2006
Thank you, Zerrin.

The wait was long but Bakemonogatari ep 13 is already available!
A fanart of Hanekawa to celebrate: :perfectplan:
2ex3hxj.jpg