Torrent Poster Thread: Need More JAV Posters

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

201flyer

Akiba Citizen
Dec 8, 2009
Hello JAV torrent lovers.

I think we could use a thread to discuss a few issues. I think over the course of time there may be issues that we might discuss in this thread generally related to torrents, their creators, watermarks, seeding, posting etiquette, posting style, translations, etc.

But, first I'd like to make a plea for more of you to contribute! Please. When I notice that there are 4,000+ downloads of a torrent I know we have a lot of traffic in tthe JAV torrent section! Surely there are some of you that might enjoy posting! In the past few weeks it seems that many regulars have dropped away and that primarily only Hairy_Bush and I are posting with any regularity. Speaking for myself I cannot sustain the pace on a regular basis. In fact, after yesterday's marathon I have a sore neck and pains in my right arm. But, when I see what is available on other sites we are still missing a lot of current films!

Another idea I'd like to put out there for consideration is that we create longer threads than what we currently have at present. We now post single titles in single threads and only add to a thread when a different version of the same film is available. The down side of this is that it is really hard to just see the current films for the current month. Old and new is really mixed together, and it isn't helped at all when old threads get bumped to the top, sometimes just with a "thank you" added.

I'm thinking about experimenting with a different idea. Suppose starting in March the main studios are organized by the studio and release date for that studio? The thread title, for example, would be:

March 2017 - S1
March 2017 - Prestige
March 2017 - Minimum
etc

All films from S1 would go in this thread that were released in March. All posters could add to this thread. In April, whoever found an April release from S1 would just start a new thread, etc, etc. We could decide on the major studios that are popular and have a lot of releases. For minor studios they could all go in a misc thread:

March 2017 - Misc (new)

I don't have a great solution for films that are older releases, but perhaps a monthly thread could be started such as:

March 2017 - Misc (old)

I think this might enhance the browsing experience. The search engine would work normally. What do you guys think?

javgai

Sep 12, 2008
Hey 201flyer, I remember you from SLF (rest in peace). I like this style but it's really dependent on contributors willing to do more work + the mods willing to adhere & enforce this style (and posters to follow this structure too). I am a contributor but not really a regular one (I don't have any real sources for content other than my own personal collection). Anyway good idea, I hope the mods are willing to support it.

201flyer

Akiba Citizen
Dec 8, 2009
Put the HD,FHD,MP4,ISO version of the same film into the one thread?

That does raise an interesting/difficult problem. We already are putting all the different formats into one thread for each film. I had not considered how to add additional versions of the same film into one long thread grouped by studio. Maybe there isn't a solution that is any good.

Edit: one way around the problem might be to use the permalink feature found in each post. Say I posted SNISXXX SD torrent and a week later someone else finds the HD version. The title for the movie could be copied from the original page + the permalink of the original page + the new torrent. The entire thread would get bumped up so it would be obvious that there was a new post. The search engine would pull up both pages. Maybe not as clean as the current method, but workable? Worth a try?

I'm just quite frustrated with the linear browsing experience on the forum. Old is completely mixed with new and every time someone adds to a post it gets bumped to the top. That's a good and a bad thing. I just wish there was a method so that the new films would be easier to see and that they would be grouped together. Grouped together by month seems logical given the studios release by the month.

I appreciate you raising this question!

Last edited:

hairy_bush

SLF Refugee
May 20, 2016
Hmmmm.....those are good suggestions....

But I hate to say this isn't SLF, nor should mods make it a SLF clone.

Also since this site is sponsored by filejoker, me thinks improving the torrents is counterproductive for them and mods

I think as is, putting all formats into one is great, at least.

As for other contributors, I think they got banned, because I got banned too, 2x. If I get banned again, I take that as a hint.

You forgot to mention huskies, he/she posts too

201flyer

Akiba Citizen
Dec 8, 2009
Hmmmm.....those are good suggestions....

But I hate to say this isn't SLF, nor should mods make it a SLF clone.

Also since this site is sponsored by filejoker, me thinks improving the torrents is counterproductive for them and mods

I think as is, putting all formats into one is great, at least.

As for other contributors, I think they got banned, because I got banned too, 2x. If I get banned again, I take that as a hint.

You forgot to mention huskies, he/she posts too

OK, I have not seen huskies for a while now. It's mostly been just the two of us and it really isn't a pace I can maintain. And, I'll be away for about 3 weeks in March. I guess this idea is pretty dead now if you are not inclined. I wish there were some way to separate old from new. My feeling is that the current system is a complete mess. I'm not sure I agree with you about Filejoker. Not that I don't appreciate that they sponsor the forums. I think if "they" were against torrents the torrent section would just be gone. It isn't.

asf

Aug 19, 2016
Speaking for myself I cannot sustain the pace on a regular basis. In fact, after yesterday's marathon I have a sore neck and pains in my right arm.

I don't think any of us would fault you if you needed to take a break. Take care of yourself first and foremost. I really don't have to have the latest and greatest, and truthfully if it wasn't for the dates of release in the postings I'd never know which were new and which were old as I don't keep that close of track of JAV.

As for the organization, I too remember SLF and I really don't think either is here or there is better. Here I find it convienent to see the new postings, I can roll over the thumbnail of the video, and from there I decide if I click into the posting to see more. For me that works ok.

animerlot

Jun 4, 2009
I think maybe some labels could have and should have long threads, for example:
ABP
FSET
IPZ
KAWD
JUX
MIDE
MXGS
SNIS
STAR
MYWife
etc.

As for other misc films, only use the [Month] to classify them. How's about that?

needs more loli

Don't underestimate lolis!
Apr 30, 2015
I think maybe some labels could have and should have long threads, for example:
ABP
FSET
IPZ
KAWD
JUX
MIDE
MXGS
SNIS
STAR
MYWife
etc.

As for other misc films, only use the [Month] to classify them. How's about that?
I like this idea of having a megathread for each studio/label. This way it would be easier to follow labels you like and ignore ones you don't. And since each new movie will be a post rather than an individual thread you can simply scroll through them which is much faster than having to open each one in a new tab. I hate when I'm browsing for new torrents and I have like 20-40 tabs open, it starts to bog down my computer.

In addition I hate how some torrent posters will hotlink the cover and screenshots to some shady pop-up infested image host. And so now I have to "wait 5 seconds" or "confirm that I'm over 18" just to decide if I want to bother with this movie or not. For fucks sake that annoying! Attach the cover directly in the post like a decent human being. :awas:

Last edited:

201flyer

Akiba Citizen
Dec 8, 2009
OK, it seems there may be a bit of momentum here to at least try out the idea. I might do that as soon as I see a release date for March (usually towards the end of February).

I think the biggest issue to solve is how to add torrents (say an HD version that might show up a few days after the SD version) for a movie already posted. Only the original poster can add to his post directly. Previously I proposed to add a new post but one that has a link to the original first post. This wouldn't be as clean as what we currently do but it would bump the entire thread to the top (a good thing). What do you think?

I totally agree with needs more loli; hot linking to scam site/hosting sites really sucks which is why I never do that. Trying to get screens off of nyaa.se is a total total pain.

needs more loli

Don't underestimate lolis!
Apr 30, 2015
OK, it seems there may be a bit of momentum here to at least try out the idea. I might do that as soon as I see a release date for March (usually towards the end of February).

I think the biggest issue to solve is how to add torrents (say an HD version that might show up a few days after the SD version) for a movie already posted. Only the original poster can add to his post directly. Previously I proposed to add a new post but one that has a link to the original first post. This wouldn't be as clean as what we currently do but it would bump the entire thread to the top (a good thing). What do you think?
I think simplest method is to just quote/reply to the original post.

I totally agree with needs more loli; hot linking to scam site/hosting sites really sucks which is why I never do that. Trying to get screens off of nyaa.se is a total total pain.
Yea it is! The number of times I've just said "fuck it" is too damn high.

BTW you might want to check with mods before you start posting this way.

201flyer

Akiba Citizen
Dec 8, 2009
I did notice a few months ago (?) there was a poster who put all of his HD offerings into the same thread. Nobody, as far as I know, had an objection to that. I'll point Coolkevin to this thread to see if he objects.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
did not have the time to go all the way through this properly, so I will answer a couple of question, sorry if I missed any

to get around your problem, it will be better to let the individual posts/threads as there own code (already in our rules), as the whole forum is really a database, you can start a February thread, and just add links to those threads that are new,

thank you's yes a great big pain, that is why I treat them as spam, report it and can easy be deleted, and the like button does a better job,

finally report all referral links, they have been banned here since almost the beginning, anything that links pop ups and scams is a no no,

the biggest problem is it very rare a problem is reported, so it never gets looked into

will try to look into it further

Reactions: 201flyer

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
experimental February link post

it is a sticky as well

if it looks well we will start another in March

Reactions: OrangeBoys

201flyer

Akiba Citizen
Dec 8, 2009
I just want to mention again that Iwon't be posting much this month due to a lot of travel. I hope a few of you will take up the slack. I'm really happy to see UK21 contributing as well as Hairy Bush!! What's happened to everyone else? Also, what is your opinion of the long list of February videos? Good, bad, indifferent? Thanks!

Reactions: uk21

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
I'm not using the february list. Since it only has links to threads with no extra info it's useless to me so I'll continue checking the threads instead.

As for posters, I do hope more will show up, especially with posts without watermarks though odds are against it until DMMs drm gets hacked.

201flyer

Akiba Citizen
Dec 8, 2009
What has annoyed me for a long time is the inability to tell old posts from new material without opening the post. I'm not sure these lists actually help that situation at all. It gets worse when the posts get out of order when they get bumped to the top with a reply. I did do a small experiment on a few Feb17 posts. I just added [Feb17] in the post body. A simple search of Feb17 pulled up all the posts. If everybody posting did that for the new posts it would be very easy to sort old from new.

Reactions: sklanthar

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
You do know you can sort the forum by thread start date, right? If I understand your complaint correctly that should give you what you want.

201flyer

Akiba Citizen
Dec 8, 2009
Actually no, The thread start date often doesn't correlate to the release date. I just weish there were a way to see the release date right in the title. I proposed doing that to CoolKevin but he said "no." So there we are.

cfu000

Aug 29, 2013
What worked for me is that the links to the threads usually contains the resolutions (FHD/HD/SD...) - for the Feb list at least, does not seems to be the case for the March one, and it is a pretty good bet that the higher resolution ones will have sources w/o the annoying yellow watermarks - I can live with the not-so-visible-white ones - so it saves me time by hovering the mouse over the links rather than checking each threads from the main list.

Downside is that no cover picture popped up when moving the mouse, so I never know what I am getting until actually open the thread itself - yet it is like opening a box of chocolates, so can not complain too much on that :)

Last edited: