Share FAQ

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
i once saw a "deleted 4 files from cache" under log. i've probably downloaded over 10 GB already and yet my cache hasn't gone over 4 GB. is it deleting completed files automatically? so if i want to upload the completely downloaded file i need to place the completed file in the upload folder?
Hmm. On my log screen, it says "Cleaning cache automatically" every few minutes or so. Then, "Erased 1 cache files." I guess it must be on some kind of timer, and also it probably recalculates your cache size when you restart.

I've fooled around with a plugin called OneCacheDelete a little bit, but actually, it's kind of hard to find any big cache file amounts just through Searches. The cache seems to be made up of little bits of a whole bunch of different files. Even without OneCacheDelete, you can delete things from cache, but highlighting a file in the Queries window, and then hitting Ctrl+Delete, and then Shift+Delete to delete it from the DB.

btw i also want to join the share ex2 club :goodboy:
I sent you an invite. It's actually a public club, so I believe anyone can join.

Hebi

Feb 19, 2007
Also re. "init failed," you didn't move or delete anything from your cache folder, did you? Also, in the CacheDumpExEro readme, it says init failed errors will appear after using that plugin, and then restarting.

Nope, I didn't move or delete anything from the cache folder... I hope there won't happen anymore :)

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
Wow, Guy you are the master at this. This has been like the best manual I’ve ever seen. I like all the questions from the others too.
Btw, I was able to find and download some sets, and plugins using the triggers option! Good lesson on that, it worked well!
Now, I just had a few questions to some odd things for anyone who might know this. I know Guy is getting slammed with questions, so I apologize for adding to the request list, and I hope this was not something that was already talked about. I’ll number the questions for simplicity:

You can delete things from cache, but highlighting a file in the Queries window, and then hitting Ctrl+Delete, and then Shift+Delete to delete it from the DB.
Ok, my Queries window is now empty, but my cache folder is just over 100GBs. so in this case would I have to manually delete the cache? and where is the data base located to clean that? it looks like it might be a text file in Share's root folder.

2. I recently added some files to my upload folder to share, and had some pink links in my queries window when the window was populated. Dose that mean that my shared files have not been fully converted to the cache?

3. Now in regards to Clusters. I know that it was mentioned somewhere that they should be in Kanji, or Kana. But what if you were to put roman letters in one or two clusters? Such as bs4_yamada_r06 for example? Could that work?

4. Last night my uploads window had a large list off all the files I added to my uploads folder. But they slowly disappeared from the uploads window, and are now gone. What doses the upload window display? not what I'm uploading?

5. My ShareEx2 copy just says 1.0 EX2. But in the locale.txt file, it says version 13. I’m guessing this version pertains to the locale.txt file itself? But is there a newer ShareEx2 out there now? Not that I’m having any problems, the program has been great with downloads @ 250KB/s on average, and I’ve seen it hit 500+KB/s

Anyway, sorry for all the questions. I hope I asked some good ones.
Btw, Thanks for the invite to the group who ever that was, I got a pop up request, but it never got saved in my messages. Anyway, I joined, Thank you.

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
1.Ok, my Queries window is now empty, but my cache folder is just over 100GBs. so in this case would I have to manually delete the cache? and where is the data base located to clean that? it looks like it might be a text file in Share's root folder.
What limit did you set for Cache on the Folders screen? If the size of the files you are trying to download is less than your limit, I believe Share will delete files from Cache until it is closer to your limit.

2. I recently added some files to my upload folder to share, and had some pink links in my queries window when the window was populated. Does that mean that my shared files have not been fully converted to the cache?
Files don't have to be converted to Cache before they are uploaded. In the Queries screen, you can convert to cache by right-clicking, and choosing Convert from the pop-up menu, but you don't have to, and in fact, one of Serika Kurusugawa's Japanese sources recommended against it, on the grounds that Share might delete some pieces from your active downloads. There is a Share uploading FAQ on my blog.

3. Now in regards to Clusters. I know that it was mentioned somewhere that they should be in Kanji, or Kana. But what if you were to put roman letters in one or two clusters? Such as bs4_yamada_r06 for example? Could that work?
Share uses cluster words to choose which nodes it connects to so you have to use cluster words that are popular among other users. If you are looking for JAV, use AV, DVDISO, 無修正, SOD, etc. If you looking for movies, choose 映画. If you are looking for j-dramas, choose ドラマ. If you are looking for plugins, choose アプリ. What is bs4_yamada_r06? Is it a popular cluster word?

4. Last night my uploads window had a large list off all the files I added to my uploads folder. But they slowly disappeared from the uploads window, and are now gone. What doses the upload window display? not what I'm uploading?
If Share finishes uploading that file or the person you are uploading to goes offline, the file may disappear from the uploads window. If the file appears orange in a Query, then that means one of your neighbours has the complete file. If not, right click on it and add to Uploads again.

5. My ShareEx2 copy just says 1.0 EX2. But in the locale.txt file, it says version 13. I’m guessing this version pertains to the locale.txt file itself? But is there a newer ShareEx2 out there now? Not that I’m having any problems, the program has been great with downloads @ 250KB/s on average, and I’ve seen it hit 500+KB/s
The gentleman who developed Share, 村長, released EX2 in 2006, I believe, but has not released another version since. I believe Share has an auto-update function, so it will let you know if he releases a new version.

I sent you the invite, and I am also the one who wrote the FAQ.

iCake

tender
Jul 26, 2008
Just shutting down Share will "pause" the downloads. They will start up again next time you connect. You can also set download priorities by right clicking on a file in the Downloads window, or use a plugin called DynamicPriority to reorder the list in realtime.

If you are living in Japan, and plan to upload files, you might want to try DiffusionProClone which will block Retina Sharebot from detecting what files you are uploading. The plugins Conexoblocker and sharebotblocker do the same thing.

Outside Japan, I doubt any agency would even bother looking for Share users, let alone what files they are sharing. Most of the cease and desist letters that ISPs send out seem to be going to bittorrent users based in the States for downloading American games or mainstream movies.
Thanks for the reply and plugin tip Fuurin. I hope you forgive my rudeness I've been occupied with lots of nonsense lately.
The good thing is that I've been spending more time with share and it's going pretty well, I've gotten used to looking for filenames in Japanese etc. (thank god for excite translate :happy2:) the basics. this faq still has lot's i haven't covered so i think i'll keep reading for when i need more info.
now all I need is to learn how to convert these isos into H264 codec whatever so i can upload my first torrent here lol.

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
Firstly, Thank you Fuurin for this extended support, and once again great job on the FAQ. You have no idea how difficult it was getting started with the program. It's great to see guys like you, and Guy hammering-team work. And if I missed anyone I’m sorry.

Now, in regards to what you were asking.

Fuurin said:
If the size of the files you are trying to download is less than your limit, I believe Share will delete files from Cache until it is closer to your limit.
I’m guessing you mean, if the size of the file is larger then the limit? was that a typo, or is this something different? sorry.
But I never set a limit, I just left it blank. I have a lot of room, and also I don’t like to keep cache that long, but I do like to keep something in my uploads thats worth something. But no the limit dialog box was left blank when made my folders.

Fuurin said:
Files don't have to be converted to Cache before they are uploaded. In the Queries screen, you can convert to cache by right-clicking, and choosing Convert from the pop-up menu, but you don't have to, and in fact, one of Serika Kurusugawa's Japanese sources recommended against it, on the grounds that Share might delete some pieces from your active downloads. There is a Share uploading FAQ on my blog.
yep, I knew about the files not needing to be converted, but I was wondering if this is why the links were pink? I don’t know what a pink link means? But in any case, I will check out your blog, that should be helpful also!
icon14.gif

Fuurin said:
Share uses cluster words to choose which nodes it connects to so you have to use cluster words that are popular among other users…… If you are looking for plugins, choose アプリ. What is bs4_yamada_r06? Is it a popular cluster word?
Now same here, I knew they were for connecting to other nodes, but you got me thinking in what you said in your last sentence. I was using names that were found in the actual file names. In other words; I was using clusteres more as key words. But what you said about using popular words, explains why maybe I should not be using clusters that match files names, but more general clusters, like Photo book, and Idol, but in Kanji a course.
O by the way, that bs4_yamada_r06 is the name of a photo set. It is this name that is displayed in the rar, or winzip file name along with other Asian scripts. Example: 山田レイナbs4_yamada_r06.rar
So I thought, why not use bs4_yamada_r06 as a cluster word, But now that you mentioned that clusters should be popular words in that they are for connecting to nodes, this makes sense. I will try to not have such specific clusters, but more general, or popular.
Fuurin said:
The gentleman who developed Share, 村長, released EX2 in 2006, I believe, but has not released another version since. I believe Share has an auto-update function, so it will let you know if he releases a new version.
That is bad as$, thanks Fuurin! Like I said, I have no problems with the program, it has been better then expected. Although now I do have a video stuck, with two tinny light gray bars.
icon10.gif

The status bar numbers read. 4,030/4,030

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
I’m guessing you mean, if the size of the file is larger then the limit? was that a typo, or is this something different? sorry.
But I never set a limit, I just left it blank. I have a lot of room, and also I don’t like to keep cache that long, but I do like to keep something in my uploads that's worth something. But no the limit dialog box was left blank when made my folders.
Most Share users set a limit on the size of their Cache. Once you do that, Share will "clean" your cache up automatically, discarding pieces of files that you are not downloading or uploading. If you don't set a limit, it will probably just keep growing.

About uploading, you'll probably want to read my FAQ. The best ways to upload involve using the Turbo button or plugins such as DiffusionProClone.

yep, I knew about the files not needing to be converted, but I was wondering if this is why the links were pink? I don’t know what a pink link means?
In the Queries window, file names that are orange mean that one of your neighbouring nodes has the complete file. File names that are red means that Share believes this file to be a fake. File names that are white were on the network at one point, but Share has yet to find all of the pieces.

Now same here, I knew they were for connecting to other nodes, but you got me thinking in what you said in your last sentence. I was using names that were found in the actual file names. In other words; I was using clusters more as key words.
On the Nodes screen, click on Show Sleep Nodes, and look through to see what kind of cluster words people are using. AV, DVDISO, 無修正, ドラマ、アプリ, 映画, アニメ, 漫画, etc. are all fairly common cluster words. The word for photobook is 写真集 and idol is アイドル, and I would guess that those are pretty common as well. It seems to me that most people are unlikely to use the name of a photoset as one of their cluster words. Sometimes you see the names of studios like S1, Moodyz or Kuki or the names of actresses like 夏目ナナ, 蒼井そら or 麻美ゆま, but it is only fairly rarely that you'll find just the title of a movie or photobook.

Although now I do have a video stuck, with two tinny light gray bars.
The status bar numbers read. 4,030/4,030
4030/4030 means that Share has found all the pieces, so you are just waiting in someone's queue. It should come down soon enough.

Sep 3, 2008
It might be better if you tell us what you are looking for. Do you have a favourite actress, genre, model or studio? Do you have a specific anime, drama, JAV, manga or movie in mind?

I live in Japan but dont know much about the "movie" area. What do you guys recommend? Im pretty sure I would be ok with just about anything other than the gay life.
I like Japanese women, so big boobs arnt super neccessary but its also not frowned upon in my eyes. I like butts, i would like to see what the anime is all about, and what not.

shoot out a couple of kanjis if ya can and I would be much obliged. Thanx for this awsome thread.

me

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
I like Japanese women, so big boobs aren't super neccessary but its also not frowned upon in my eyes. I like butts, i would like to see what the anime is all about, and what not.
shoot out a couple of kanjis if ya can and I would be much obliged. Thanx for this awesome thread.
butt = お尻
big boobs = 巨乳
The most famous JAV actresses are Maria Ozawa 小澤マリア, Yua Aida あいだゆあ and Sora Aoi 蒼井そら. I don't know much about anime, but u-jin 遊人 is a famous hentai manga artist whose works have been redone as anime.

DarkLordKain

Feb 4, 2008
Hi, i have downloaded share, i followed the instructions, but when i put the encrypted address a message come out and says "cannot use private IP".
How can i fix this, i already open a port for the program, i open a port in my router but it doesn't work.

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
Hi, i have downloaded share, i followed the instructions, but when i put the encrypted address a message come out and says "cannot use private IP". How can i fix this, i already open a port for the program, i open a port in my router but it doesn't work.
Are you talking about when you try to add nodes on the Node screen? Have you tried using a different node list? Also where is this error message coming from? Share or your firewall?

readox

Public Sex Lovers
Sep 14, 2008
I am new at this kind of share. I have already download share ex2 files. when i follow your step-by-step installation i've got the message "disconnect due to port error" how do i resolve this?? thank's

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
I am new at this kind of share. I have already download share ex2 files. when i follow your step-by-step installation i've got the message "disconnect due to port error" how do i resolve this?? thank's

You need to enable TCP port forwarding for your router: open a port, and then within Share EX, set it to use that port by going to Settings > General settings... > Network.

Andgie

Sep 11, 2008
I've done everything as mentioned before but still can't use it. I'm able to search and upload only for now. I've been trying to download some stuff but it doesn't happen. What could be a possible reason for that?

Thanks in advance,

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
I've done everything as mentioned before but still can't use it. I'm able to search and upload only for now. I've been trying to download some stuff but it doesn't happen. What could be a possible reason for that?
So you run a search under Query, find a file you are looking for, right-click on it and add to download. Are you choosing files with recent upload dates? Does the file appear in the Downloads window? Under Status how many parts does it say are available eg. 3048/3048 or 0/3048? What number are you in the queue? You might want to post a screencap of your Downloads window.

Andgie

Sep 11, 2008
So you run a search under Query, find a file you are looking for, right-click on it and add to download. Are you choosing files with recent upload dates?
Yes.

Does the file appear in the Downloads window?
Yes.

Under Status how many parts does it say are available eg. 3048/3048 or 0/3048?
At the time I've added them to download they're like 3048/3048.

What number are you in the queue?
Various.

You might want to post a screencap of your Downloads window.
Here it is.

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
If you don't mind my saying so, I think you may be trying to download too many files at once. I usually limit myself to around 10 downloads and only 2 or 3 triggers at most. Other than that it looks like everything is working fine.

Andgie

Sep 11, 2008
If you don't mind my saying so, I think you may be trying to download too many files at once. I usually limit myself to around 10 downloads and only 2 or 3 triggers at most. Other than that it looks like everything is working fine.

No, I don't mind if it helps.

So I deleted all downloads since something I really want for now hasn't even started. I also know to be able to download from the node it must show "share" status. But I've only seen it once and never got it anymore.

Here's the screenshot of what happening in node's window: