Share FAQ

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
mymemorial, your connection looks fine to me. You see where it says 0/832 under Status. That means Share can't find a source with any of the parts. The only files that seem complete are the ones down near the bottom marked 108/108. Either you have to change your cluster terms, or you are choosing files that have already disappeared from the network.

Run a DB-only trigger for the title, let it run, then run a search. Sort the files by date, and only add ones with recent dates. Older files probably no longer have sources. Share is a lot like BitTorrent in that way. If there are no seeds, you can't get the file.

I agree with wotaku that you could easily put your downloads and/or cache folder on a different hard disk.

mymemorial

Jun 16, 2008
Well, thanks guys for your help, but I keep thinking it's something with the connection/Kaspersky & not Share itself...

It has been weeks & weeks now that Share is opened and not a data have been downloaded.

I did EVERYTHING I knew, and followed your advices, and nothing changed.
It's not something about new files because, even new & popular files don't download.
I'm sure it's something with Kaspersky because, as I said in my first post, it kept popping some messages, even if I don't see them anymore right now.

The same problem : Something "blocks" the downloads.
I can upload, share, connect to the nodes, everything but not downloads.

I think I'll just stop this right now because it took me a lot of time (and your time aswell, sorry ^^; ) and still nothing.
I hope someday, someone can find the problem between Kaspersky & Share, because it doesn't seem that there's someone on earth who installed Kas. after Share other than me lol !! xDDD
Anyway, thanks again for taking your time to answer all my questions =3
(Next time I'll try to choose an anti-virus that doesn't block Share xD)

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
I'm not so sure there is any problem with the connection, but if you want to, you could try Avira or Avast, two freeware anti-virus programs with good reputations. I used to run Kaspersky, but had to give it up because it was causing problems with my connection.

chippy

Satyagrahi
Feb 10, 2008
Question posted in the Share EX2 Users Club

Hey folks, I posted a request for assistance in the Share EX2 Users Club today but just now noticed that this thread is a wee bit more frequently viewed and extended. If anyone out there has even a limited familiarity with running Share in Linux in a virtual machine (I'm using VMWare) could you take a peek at my post and see if you can offer any guidance? Many thanks.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
chippy said:
I'm taking the dive here, can someone out there be a lifeguard for a few moments and ponder this?
I'm trying to use ShareEX2 in a VMWare virtual machine under Linux (Fedora7) and while it seems I've got the program installed and configured (on a Win2K VM) I'm getting the dreaded "Disconnected due to port error" message. I'm using an Asus WL550gE router, and have configured my port (40000-TCP) as a "Virtual Server" (the other option seems to be via a "Port Trigger" but I don't fully understand that and am not sure whether to try it) on the router, which is a method that works fine for gnutella, Apache, and bittorrent.
I'm not sure what additional complication VMWare might be adding (the networking is in NAT mode if you're familiar with VMWare) so I'll be fiddling with that a bit tomorrow, but in the meantime can anyone out there spot any obvious blunders, or offer any advice? Ultimately I'll have to tweak (possibly recreate) the VM itself because it doesn't have anywhere near the required storage space to run Share properly, but for now I'd just like to figure out how to make it work.

If you don't mind having your router assign an additional IP, switch your VM to Bridged networking. Your NAT setup currently has a missing link where the router is correctly setup to forward connections (the "virtual server") and your VM is setup to receive (Windows firewall and ShareEX port config), but your linux host does not have the NAT rule configured to route the port. Switching VM to Bridged will make it appear transparent to the router (as just another NIC/computer connected to your network with its own 192.168.0.x IP), and you won't have to mess with your linux eth0 config.

Secondly, Bridged will allow you to use Samba (Windows file/folder sharing protocol) shares. yum install samba, then follow the standard config to setup a username/password and define/mount a share. Then from within Windows, you can Start > Run "cmd" and use: net use X: \\linux_IP\path\to\share /user:username (and password on prompt). Your shared linux dir will show up in Windows as drive letter X:. Then you can point ShareEX to save incoming files to X:.

Samba isn't really necessary but makes the setup a lot easier. And you can define 192.168.0.x filters which makes it more secure than completely opening up a port for NAT in linux (if Windows gets trashed, just redo the VM).

chippy

Satyagrahi
Feb 10, 2008
Excellent reply, guy. I'd have assumed that vmnet NAT functions were forwarding all ports, but that really doesn't make sense, and your pointing out of that missing link clarifies it all. I hadn't even considered (silly me!) using an SMB mount for Share files, but that'd work great! (A far better option than the drudgery of re-installing W2K on a bigger VM!!)

xeruel

黒英雄伝説
Mar 22, 2008
I'm having problem connecting to share....
08/07/14 15:01:32 Connected
08/07/14 15:01:32 Node DB initializing
08/07/14 15:01:32 Node DB initialized
08/07/14 15:01:32 File info DB manager initializing
08/07/14 15:01:32 File info DB manager initialized
08/07/14 15:01:32 Catalog DB manager initializing
08/07/14 15:01:32 Catalog DB manager initialized
08/07/14 15:01:32 Cache manager initializing
08/07/14 15:01:32 Cache manager initialized
08/07/14 15:01:32 Loading key manager cache
08/07/14 15:01:32 Loading download manager cache
08/07/14 15:01:38 Global IP resolved
08/07/14 15:02:38 Disconnected
08/07/14 15:02:38 Disconnected due to time check error

I've follow the tutorial step by step but to no avail, I can't get connected or find files to d/l

bong-o

Apr 3, 2007
I just got the port error this weekend and am having trouble fixing it. It ran fine for along time on my xp machine but last month the computer died. I brought a vista machine and got share up and running without problems. The program and folders are on a ext hard drive that I plugged into the vista machine and everything worked for a couple of days. Two or three ISO got downloaded.
Later in the evening I checked the download tab and nothing was happening. Two new files showed 1234/1234 but the file size was at 0. Nothing was being downloaded. I had picked the files earlier in the day and they were yellow complete files with 30,000+ cache. I tried a restart and thats when I discovered things werent right and eventualy found the port error disconnect message.
I remembered about the clock setting thing so I checked my system time. In the settings it told me that my clock did a auto update a few hours ago so I thought that was the problem. But after trying to reset the clock a half dozen ways I still cant get Share to run without the port error.
Im looking for help.
I did notice my globalIP in share is different that my home ip I get using ipconfig. The global points to my ISP in town. Does that sound right or is my ISP restricting me?
Thanks.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
The Global IP is correct. You probably have a router which assigns your computer a "local" IP address (such as 192.168.?.?).

Since this is a different computer, you need to make sure you add Share to Vista's firewall exception.

If you are using a router, you will also need to check that your port forwarding is set up to use the correct local IP address.

shortysdohdoh

外国人
Jul 19, 2008
hey all. first i would like to say thanks for all the information. it was actually easier than i thought to do the whole process.

anyway i got everything working. seems to be going fine. my only problem is i'm not sure exactly how to specifically download. i input a hash file and i let it run for 10 minutes, but nothing happens.

for example, i've been wanting that Nao video you posted a couple months ago, and nothing happens. they change often?

if i don't have a hash file, what do i type to get files into my DB (database?) to download? (for example; how do you download all the files you download without having a name or knowing exactly the title of what you want?)

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Not sure which Nao video you're referring to.

Just to clarify: a hash isn't a file, just a string of letters/numbers that represents the "fingerprint" of the file you want. In Share, a hash can combined with a filename, file size, and/or the ID of the person who uploaded it, to create a line of text called a trigger.

Around here, you'll usually see triggers like this:
Code:
(ドラマ)正義の味方 第1話 (1440x1080).ts AKIqfvQoiTnBw 7,364,768,024 69c3a6b3cddf7bb8ba091d9da90ee6860af45387

All you need to do is copy the whole line, go into Share and click on the Triggers tab, and then click the Paste button. All of the information will be filled in automatically, and Share will move it to the Download tab as soon as it's found the file. From the Download tab, you may still have to wait if you're queued.

A trigger doesn't need all those parts: you could set up a trigger to download any file that contains a particular word in the filename. But the more there is, the more Share searches for a specific file.

Just a note: many files don't last long on Share. Large files in particular will tend to die out -- like a torrent with no seeds -- once it's more than 3-6 months old (age based on when the file was first uploaded to Share). Some files die out even sooner. Only smaller files, or the very popular files, stay around longer.

If you would like to search for files, use sharedb.info.

shortysdohdoh

外国人
Jul 19, 2008
thanks.

just to clarify a couple things then, i would just copy and paste the below info and hit paste on my share paste button right?

Maker: Up see dage
Title: NTTのお兄さんにノーパンで
Translation: Commando for the Phone Guy
Starring Nao なお
Part 1
101MB wmv
17844e9601c0ee68b2ff50a2ef92373537359a00

by the way, what is the ID section? is that like a user's ID?

and to make sure i got the concept down; the reason for the clusters is to figure out which nodes have what i am looking for correct? so if i type a querey for lesbian stuff, and i don't have that in my clusters then i won't find anything right?
how about if i type 露出 in there and i have it checked (in clusters that is); how do i make a querey so that i can get some results and be able to download things that way?

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Well, that info is a bit chopped up and edited. You can copy just the hash at the bottom of that info, then in Share, look in the Triggers tab and choose Add trigger. Then paste it into the hash field, and click Add.

You're right about the clusters, although cluster keywords are intended as just general keywords (アダルト would link you to all types of adult content). But depending on what you're after, certain keywords work better than others by connecting you to nodes that are more likely to have the stuff you want to download. Unfortunately for that particular Nao file, I don't know its origin and I couldn't say what kinds of keywords would be good. You'll have to ask the person who posted the hash first.

bong-o

Apr 3, 2007
Thank you Guy. I had to set up the static ip and port forwarding for the new machine.
Shorty-I have good luck by always using ISO as a cluster word even if I want 写真集 stuff. If you "show sleep nodes" on the nodes tab you will see alot of peaple using ISO as one of there words.

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
Triggers and clusters

shortysdohdoh wrote:
>if i don't have a hash file, what do i type to get files into my DB (database?)
>to download? (for example; how do you download all the files you download
>without having a name or knowing exactly the title of what you want?)

Set up a DB-only trigger, and let it run for a while as I explain in the FAQ. The sharedb.info web site that guy mentions is another resource, but it is missing an awful lot of files.

The format that guy is talking about

(ドラマ)正義の味方 第1話 (1440x1080).ts AKIqfvQoiTnBw 7,364,768,024 69c3a6b3cddf7bb8ba091d9da90ee6860af45387

is used mainly on sharedb.info and Japanese web sites. The ID is the login name of the user who first uploaded the file or who uploaded it again after it had died out. File names change over time, so I recommend just using the hash.

>and to make sure i got the concept down; the reason for the clusters is to
>figure out which nodes have what i am looking for correct? so if i type a
>query for lesbian stuff, and i don't have that in my clusters then i won't find
>anything right? how about if i type 露出 in there and i have it checked (in
>clusters that is); how do i make a query so that i can get some results and
>be able to download things that way?

露出 is an excellent choice of cluster word for Nao. Everyone on Share chooses five cluster words, and then Share will go about connecting to all the people who share a cluster word with you. The most common cluster words are AV, DVDISO, 映画, アニメ and アプリ, but you might want to include other words like 無修正, iso, ドラマ or SOD depending on what you are looking for. On the nodes tab, click on Show Sleep Nodes, and take a look to see what kind of cluster words other users are using, and add some of the common ones if they are relevant to your interests.

kaiar

Dec 23, 2006
hi everyone, i am a newbie for share. I set everything as the the faq on first page suggest but still have a problem with download. I have already forwarded port and log is fine.

However in download tab,status column it switch between 0.0% and 5/5 while Size column remain at 0/xxxxxxx.I have tried as Fuurin in first reply on fifth page but it still doesn't work. I dont know what I have to do to correct this, please tell me .

ah I use nod 2.7.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
When you see the percent (ie: 0.0%), the file is currently downloading. You can confirm this by seeing Share Down 1 in the status at the top, or by looking in the Tasks tab to see the current download connections. The list in the Tasks tab will also tell you the speed of the download connection.

When you see the availability & parts (ie: 5/5), the file is not downloading at the moment. The numbers represent how many parts of the file are available on the network, and how many parts total the file consists of, respectively. For instance, 0/5 would mean a file has 5 parts, but none are available on the network.

If the files you're downloading are somewhat old, it may take some time for Share to request and download parts, which is why you will see it switch between 0.0% and 5/5 often. But don't worry: the percentage and the size only update when a full part is complete, even though Share continues to download the file. As soon as it finishes downloading a part, you will see the status jump to ~20% (1 out of 5 parts completed) and 1,048,576 / 4,272,187.

Again, if it's an old file, it will take some time for Share to re-request those parts. So just leave it running and you should be fine.

bladerunner444

Sep 3, 2008
Screwed up big time

CacheDumpEx_ has been superceded by CacheDumpExEro:
Code:
[Share Plugin] [PDK10] CacheDumpExEro_v0021.rar 316,495 f01b3ea5115727f05ce575dc43f9d3ec3cd99549

Make sure TESTER_WORKS is in your clusters list.

Hi, I already downloaded the plug in. Decompressed the file. Can you please tell me what to do from that point step by step?

E.g., what do I do with the CacheDumpExEro.dll? And the DPR file and all the others? In which folder do I paste them and does anything need to be deleted before it can work?

I tried on my own, and deleted the "cache idx file" (BIG MISTAKE) and it deleted everything in my cache. Including several ISO's I had up to ~99% which was the whole reason why I wanted this plug in. Now I have to download it all again to my internet provider's shagrin (i'm sure).

Thank you