Share FAQ

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Oops, yeah I've been using bs.sharedb.info too. But sometimes I get connection errors (not sure if it's the bs server or my ISP), so I'm still using the main site as well.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
I can't add newfound files from query to download.... is there any solution ?

1 possibility for this is that you already have a file with the same criteria in downloads, same file size and hash. When such a file already exists in dl you cannot add another.

Darknemo2000

Oct 20, 2008
I am sorry, but I am a real newbie and I have problems with Ports. How do i know what part should I use and how to set them up?

Yes I know how to unblock port in firewall yet I still get disconnected "due to port error" which means that my zero knowledge about ports is the case, yet I do not know how and where I can find those ports and would any suit.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
I am sorry, but I am a real newbie and I have problems with Ports. How do i know what part should I use and how to set them up?

Yes I know how to unblock port in firewall yet I still get disconnected "due to port error" which means that my zero knowledge about ports is the case, yet I do not know how and where I can find those ports and would any suit.

Any port will be fine, provided it isn't being used by another program and isn't being blocked by your ISP. Usually a port in the upper range (20000 or above) is good.

Once you pick a port, you will need to make sure Windows Firewall is allowing it to pass through. If you configured the firewall to allow Share.exe, then you don't have to worry about this -- Windows Firewall will just open whichever port Share requests.

You also need to enable forwarding on your router. The exact instructions differ depending on what router you have, but it usually entails logging into 192.168.1.1 (the router's IP), choosing to add a port to forward, then adding the specific port you specified in Share and mapping it to your computer's IP (such as 192.168.1.2). You can get more information at portforward.com.

jupiter999

loves Tada Mizuho only...
Apr 2, 2008
Rapidshare has started imposing bandwidth limits on its free accounts, so you might want to try mediafire or megaupload instead. Getting back to your Share EX2 problem, your screencap shows you uploading at 0.3 KBytes per second. You might want to test your DL/UL speed at DSLReports, and look into some of their speed tweaks. I do think there is a chance you are getting cut off because of the slow speed.

I felt extreme slowness from rapidshare recently...:sick:
by the way, what do you men by the "DSLReports"? is it an external program?
Thanks for the feedback...

jupiter999

Apr 2, 2008

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
One is 121Kb/s, another is 1215kb/s, which is 1215 divide 8 equals 151Kb/s
Am I right...?:casual:

Correct. There isn't a standard/consistent way of writing the units, but kbps usually means kilobits, and kB/s usually means kilobytes. 8 bits to 1 byte means 1215kbps = 151kB/s.

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
Oops, yeah I've been using bs.sharedb.info too. But sometimes I get connection errors (not sure if it's the bs server or my ISP), so I'm still using the main site as well.
I get connection errors too, but if I keep trying I always get through eventually. It's probably just that the server is overloaded.

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
I can't add newfound files from query to download.... is there any solution ?
Share can be a little quirky at times. Try alternating between running a trigger for the hash, and running Queries for the title or hash. You should be able to get it eventually assuming it is a fresh upload, and you have good cluster words.

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
Ports

I am sorry, but I am a real newbie and I have problems with Ports. How do i know what part should I use and how to set them up? Yes I know how to unblock port in firewall yet I still get disconnected "due to port error" which means that my zero knowledge about ports is the case, yet I do not know how and where I can find those ports and would any suit.
As guy says, a port in the upper range is good. I think the maximum is 65000 or so.

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
Transmission errors

Thanks for the recommendations!
But I would like to tell you this :exhausted:
I tried selecting the Miami Florida Server on both speed test website, the results are deviated quite a lot...:virtuous:
One is 121Kb/s, another is 1215kb/s, which is 1215 divide 8 equals 151Kb/s
Am I right...?:casual:
One might be your upload speed and the other your download speed. In any case, your speed is quite respectable, but you were only getting 0.3kb/s on Share. You could try playing with the ports a bit, or connecting without your router, and see if that makes a difference. Also what kind of firewall and anti-virus are you running? It might be one of those is slowing you down.

jupiter999

Apr 2, 2008
One might be your upload speed and the other your download speed. In any case, your speed is quite respectable, but you were only getting 0.3kb/s on Share. You could try playing with the ports a bit, or connecting without your router, and see if that makes a difference. Also what kind of firewall and anti-virus are you running? It might be one of those is slowing you down.

hmmm, I suspect that particular port performs better...
But it's very hard for me to compare...
I just simply pick one... Something like 24436...
For your information, I connect without any router.
And my current firewall is ESET NOD Smart Security... Is it because of ESET??:trance:

jupiter999

Apr 2, 2008

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
hmmm, I suspect that particular port performs better... But it's very hard for me to compare... I just simply pick one... Something like 24436...
All your ports should be the same speed. It's just that some ISP's block certain ports, so you need to find one that is open, and make sure you've opened it on your firewall as well.
And my current firewall is ESET NOD Smart Security... Is it because of ESET??:trance:
Some firewalls don't get along with certain p2p programs. If you are running Windows XP SP3 or Vista, you could try turning on the Windows Firewall, and turning off ESET, and see if that makes a difference. If you have an anti-virus program set up to monitor the internet, that might be slowing things too.

jupiter999

Apr 2, 2008
All your ports should be the same speed. It's just that some ISP's block certain ports, so you need to find one that is open, and make sure you've opened it on your firewall as well.

Some firewalls don't get along with certain p2p programs. If you are running Windows XP SP3 or Vista, you could try turning on the Windows Firewall, and turning off ESET, and see if that makes a difference. If you have an anti-virus program set up to monitor the internet, that might be slowing things too.

Oh no, Then that would be difficult to know which port is not blocked by my ISP... :victim: Headache...
Well, I'm still using XP SP2... Still not courage to disable my firewall yet... :distressed: Hmmm... What to do next...?

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
i've recently had to make a new user profile and when i start share there i have to absolutely start from scratch. is there any file that i can copy so that it'll exactly be like the one in my old profile?