Share FAQ

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

v2stt4a

Jul 28, 2009
when it says 3142/4211 blocks for long time, is there a way to find more sources, maybe different clusterwords or plugins?
does anybody use nt5 (UDP) or is it all ex2?

diomedes

OverCaffeinated Libertine
Jan 9, 2007
I think i installed it properly ... I guess i'm not sure until i know what to expect. So how do i know if it's correct?

I just loaded a current hash, and it appears to have loaded into my downloads. How fast should Share work? I use utorrent, and can hit 250 /k where i am, should i expect something similar here, or is this like emule and never picks up faster than 20k?

Are there any sites that list hash codes anywhere, like we list torrent files over here at akiba? Like, an IV ISO hash thread listing of sorts?

Thanks alot Fuurin for the easy to handle tutorial on installation.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
I think i installed it properly ... I guess i'm not sure until i know what to expect. So how do i know if it's correct?

In the "nodes" tab, you have to see that it's cycling through different nodes, the constant activity is normal.

I just loaded a current hash, and it appears to have loaded into my downloads. How fast should Share work? I use utorrent, and can hit 250 /k where i am, should i expect something similar here, or is this like emule and never picks up faster than 20k?

About availability, it depends how long ago was the file inserted in the network, and for speed, well it's up to the seeder, anywhere between 1 k and 500 k.

Are there any sites that list hash codes anywhere, like we list torrent files over here at akiba? Like, an IV ISO hash thread listing of sorts?

Thanks alot Fuurin for the easy to handle tutorial on installation.

Two websites are acting as hash database, just look four posts above yours :tea:
The second link seems to be dead at the moment.

2ch has also dedicated threads for hash posting, you can find them there:
http://hideyoshi.2ch.net/download/subback.html

diomedes

Jan 9, 2007
Thanks, elgringo14

Two websites are acting as hash database, just look four posts above yours

Yes, i see. Hm, what i had in mind was previews and thumbs of the covers, the txt descriptions wouldn't help even if they were in english. I mean, sure, type in you desired model, and such, but that's not the same as browsing through our torrent forum where the actual covers are posted along with additional data.

In the "nodes" tab, you have to see that it's cycling through different nodes, the constant activity is normal.

Yeah, them nodes are pretty busy updating. Looks like it works very well right now, transfer at around 200k, which impresses me, since installing and initiating was very easy. New applications are not always like that. utorrent was a royal pain in the ass (settings and router config).

How long are files available on the network? If i add something thats over a year old, will i still be able to download it? Torrents remain fresh for about a month then die...

shadeofgray

Sep 22, 2009
How long are files available on the network? If i add something thats over a year old, will i still be able to download it? Torrents remain fresh for about a month then die...

Probably depends on the popularity of the file. I've successfully downloaded files that are over a year, two years and even three years old. Try it, and remember that with Share patience is a virtue.

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
Share doesn't like me anymore. When I first installed her, I successfully downloaded 4 DVDISOs, since then nothing will even start.

My queue is getting longer all the time, and I think Rollyco said not to try downloading too much at once, so I guess that could be something to do with it.

To be honest I don't know what I need to ask specifically for help with. It's just that nothing will even start to download. The only thing I have changed since that first time is the minimum file size, which I set to 100MB.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
If you're using copy/paste triggers, it's possible that in copying the text, some of the letters are unintentionally changed. This happens sometimes with numbers (eg: full-width 1 to half-width 1).

Try changing your triggers to have only the hash, with the rest of the fields left blank.

The filesize field is also unnecessary if you're using a hash in the trigger.

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
Thanks guy.

I edited all my triggers by using only the hash, but still no Up or Down speed...

Here are some screenshots just incase they help diagnose the problem

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Ah, you're getting the "Disconnected due to port error" message.

Double check your system time, make sure it has adjusted to any local daylight savings time rules there are.

Japan does not follow DST, and every few years governments revise the exact dates they start/stop daylight savings, meaning there are usually a couple weeks in between where Share servers disconnect users because the time is not sync'd correctly. You may try manually setting your clock forward or backward an hour to see if that helps.

Of course you should also double check your port forwarding rules, and any software firewall/filter you may have installed.

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
Thanks guy, it wasn't the time thing (I tried +1hr and -1hr). I just had to select a different port.

Strange since it worked fine on that port before...

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Sometimes ISPs will block ports if there's a lot of downloading going on, just part of their automatic traffic shaping systems. Good thing there are tens of thousands of ports to use.

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
I already hate my ISP. Considering the shit they already 'provide', that doesn't really surprise me

atskv

Jan 3, 2009
So this is the first time this has happened... tried to open up Share today and get a message dialog that says:
---------------------------
Aborn
Are you happy?
OK
and then it closes with no option to do anything.

After a bunch of messing around, I realized it was my firewall (BitDefender Internet Security 2009) that was causing the issue. I'm guessing BitDefender must have done some update that's causing Share to act up. Anyone else experience this problem?

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
CAUTION!

Don´t know, I recognized that a very strange file with a long file name and letters which could not be identified suddenly appeared in my download list, I did not add it nor should there be hash in the triggers, when I cancelled the download of that file I´ve got an error message and share was shut down without that I had forced it to do...

The file had a NEGATIVE file size with -1.485.000 or so if I am right. Could it be a self installing virus file or something like that? After the restart share worked fine again, at least it seems to do so...

tasar1966

Sep 17, 2009
will you help me?

explain this "If you have the hash for the file you want, click on the Triggers tab, "Add Trigger" and then paste the hash value into the Hash field, leaving "Add to DB only" unticked. You might want to set a minimum file size of 100 MBs to screen out text dummies or a maximum of 2000 MBs if you want to exclude ISOs. Click "Add." As soon as Share finds the file, it will automatically add it to your Download window and start downloading. Share can only search for a limited number of triggers at a time, so don't create too many."

[IV] (U-15) イメージビデオ」はーとふるvol.2 青山りりか.avi gfdwefg9RYFmvEebz 1,420,690,996 173166e1ec2431e6b171ffddda26ef65fd225546

this is what i got what is what and where dose it go?

what dose this mean? "It may take a while for it to connect to nodes related to your cluster words."

take a while? as in a few min? or do i have time to order and eat pekin duck?

I am lost and cant find any help.
thank you.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
If you want to add a trigger with the hash value alone, I think it tells you what to do...

I think the part "You might want to set a minimum file size of 100 MBs to screen out text dummies or a maximum of 2000 MBs if you want to exclude ISOs." is not necessary. Because a hash value defines completely a file already.

Put the "173166e1ec2431e6b171ffddda26ef65fd225546" string in the hash field, that's enough for the trigger. This is the hash value indeed.
The size limit doesn't really matters, maybe it can speed up the search, I don't really know.

Triggering a file can take minutes, hours, days, months, years, depending on how long ago the file was shared, and how many sources are available. The way Share cycles through nodes, looking for files corresponding to what you are looking for, may affect that time too.

diomedes

Jan 9, 2007
So i had these 2 files in my download cue for like forever, can someone confirm the diagnosis of their death? They can't be obtained cause whats being shared is incpte, right?

29wspl1.jpg