Share FAQ

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

supaman2

Nov 7, 2007
Here's another screenshot of the options that come down from the menu... theres another list but it's all programs and games. I'm not sure if i can do it myself to make it TCP-->31111 when i pick any of those it picks one for me. I also set a static IP address just now too on my network connections. Any other ideas? Thanks

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
From your router's manual:

"select “Specify Protocol” from the Protocol drop-down menu. The “Edit Service” screen appears. Define the service, then click Apply."

joeman76

Feb 15, 2009
STILL cannot connect *lol*

OK just to clarify:

I have gone through the entire setup twice.
I have forwarded the ports properly.
I have even tried turning off antivirus and all firewall stuff.
I have tried running from my modem right into my PC with no router.

Here is what is frustrating. I have used Share before, successfully, on this connection with this computer. I just had a crash a while ago. and I remember this being a pain to set up.

I have posted some screenies, in case i am missing something stupid. I am seeing an error message in the log but i don't think it pertains to my file I am trying to download....but maybe it does.

Also, is it normal for the nodes to to only stay connected for only a minute, then disconnect?

Any help would be super appreciated. Thank you.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Share is picky in that even if the error doesn't pertain to the specific file you want to download, it will sometimes just stop working altogether until you fix the error.

If your current copy of Share is new (ie: the database folder is new), you may need to delete all of the temp files in your cache folder. It's possible (though I haven't tried before) that a new database does not work with previously saved cache files.

joeman76

Feb 15, 2009
Thanks for the quick response, Guy. I have resolved all errors and cleared the cache. Now let's see what happens.

joeman76

Feb 15, 2009
Nope. Still no go. Is it normal for the nodes to not stay connected? There are no errors on the log now.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
It's normal for Share to cycle through nodes.

joeman76

Feb 15, 2009
Thanks for the response, Rollyco. Ok well I am stumped then. Like I said I have forwarded the port, taken of the firewall and the anitvirus software, checked all of the folders. There are no erros on the log. All the parts are out there to be downloaded. My priority is 0 and my order is 1. I know that share sometimes takes a while to connect, but not days.

Any more ideas from anyone?

joeman76

Feb 15, 2009
Hol-EE Crap! Finally! It's working. Do you know what I did to fix it? I uninstalled the entire prog and started from scratch lol. When I finally get this file, I will make a torrent and seed :) Thanks for the help everyone!

mystikl

Mar 26, 2009
Can someone tell me why i can't setup the folders? When I add the cache folder the log says "Error:Cache manager error New cache folder does not exist"

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
i've recently encountered some problems with share. it seems to occur when i finish converting some files. it doesn't always occur though. i was using Vista and AVG before but now i've changed to XP SP3 and Norton, new comp too. is that what's causing these errors?

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
I would try re-installing Share from scratch, in a new directory and without any plugins. If that doesn't work, disable or uninstall Norton.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
I´m using XP SP3 and Norton Internet Security as well, I do not have any problems with both combined to Share.

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
hm...it seems my new network settings were too high. i've brought them down again but i've pretty much completed my downloads so i can't really test whether it's all ok.

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
So after years of putting it off I finally installed Share. I just want to say thanks Fuurin for the easy to follow instructions. Everything works smoothly so I guess I did everything correctly...

Very grateful indeed

:bow-pray:

skyes77

Oct 19, 2009
how to use share p2p

i've done all the guide said..
and it works, but it said to download must add trigger and fill the hash..
where do i get the download hash?...

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
i've done all the guide said..
and it works, but it said to download must add trigger and fill the hash..
where do i get the download hash?...

there´s a thread reg. share p2p already, so no need to start a new one - threads merged.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
Like I already told you in PM, there are few websites where you can find Share hashes:

http://www.sharedb.info/
http://keydb.jpn.ch/

with proper keywords like filenames. Otherwise you have to rely on the built-in seach engine.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
I'll explain the menus because skyes77 is completely lost :donotwant:

On sharedb:

ハッシュ search for a given hash (for example you found a hash on 2ch and you'r e not sure what it is)
ファイル名 search for filename
ID search for a Share ID (username)
検索対象期間 how old the files have to be (compared with the posting date). The last option 全期間 is "no limit".

On keydb:

ファイル名 same as above
ID same as above
ハッシュ same as above
並び順 way of sorting files: by filename, post date, ID, size, hash, ??? (I don't know)
降順 if you check it, the order is reversed
表示件数 number of results per page
表示形式 way of presentation of the results (try them to figure out).