Share FAQ

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

voyfinder

Feb 7, 2009
Others disconnecting port error, don't work till blue in the face.

Had Share all set-up thanks to this thread, THANK YOU ALL. Power went off while Share was running and kept getting disconnects due to port error. Trided everything but no luck. Today it just starting working again. Share just does it's own thing, and maybe the traffic will disconnect you. Do your best and just let it run.

furryballs

Jan 6, 2007
What are some good filename words to use for this show I recorded please. I wanna share with the Japanese. It's like sexy pro wresting Japanese style!! It's the greatest show ever. There's sometimes mild nudity so you could maybe call it adult pro wresting or something.

English: The Real CatFight
Japanese: 女のマジ喧嘩スペシャル
Sample Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-CUrRA0V9I

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
That's odd. Some of those downloads in your screenshot are still quite active, and should be transferring.

Are you sure your Windows account has permissions to write to the 3 Share folders?

Have you tried connecting directly to the Internet, bypassing any routers/switches you have?

Maybe your cluster keywords aren't very good, which would explain why some of your queued download have the same "Order" value (makes you suspect it only found a single node.) For your interests, I would recommend using these four separate cluster keywords:
Code:
ロリ
IV
アイドル

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
What are some good filename words to use for this show I recorded please. I wanna share with the Japanese. It's like sexy pro wresting Japanese style!! It's the greatest show ever. There's sometimes mild nudity so you could maybe call it adult pro wresting or something.

English: The Real CatFight
Japanese: 女のマジ喧嘩スペシャル
Sample Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-CUrRA0V9I
Just use general cluster words. For title search, キャットファイト (kyattofaito) is Japanese. On DMM, they are listed under the genre of アクション格闘 (akushon kakutou). The word 喧嘩 (kenka) means fight.

ircaddicts

Jun 18, 2009
Anyone have any ideas why I get so many transmission errors espicaly when the file is like all most done EG 99.5% or more I have managed to d/l quite a bit thanks to your very helpfull guide fuurin but now i just seem to get to all most done and then can't get the last meg or so even though share says its avaiable. My cache is geting rather large with all the unfinished files. TIA for any help

jplond

Nov 5, 2007
Problems with share lately?

Something happen to users on share? or the network?

Have been using share for well over a year with no problems.

But none of my triggers are triggering downloads anymore. Ones that were just released and brand new. My ports are still open, and i have tried other ports.

Im adding new hashes that just were uploaded within a few days for things, and when usually they will trigger within a few minutes because some ones sharing it. I must have added 20 triggers the other day, left it on for 3 or 4 days and not one of them "hit" and started the download process.

But i still have 2 downloads that are near finish that seem to still work.

it just seems like triggers arent triggering any more, havent changed any settings this whole time IE cluster words.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Still works for me. Try clearing your nodes list and adding the latest/newest ones.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Probably with some plugin, but I've never backed up my nodes, and I clear-and-re-add nodes regularly (about once a month).

But honestly I've never had connection problems so I'm not even sure if clearing and re-adding nodes is doing anything for me. Might have to ask for a second opinion around here...

totomo

May 12, 2007
Hey guys, Just started using share. Trying to find dubbed english movies and series for my japanese learning. I've used sharedb.info to find a movie and then i added the hash. It found the movie but i doesn't want to download. Maybe i have bad nodes, any good nodes list?

Trollbeater

Robin Hood of U15 Torrent
Jan 6, 2009
Just recently I started to get 'Disconnected due to time check error'.

Also my download speeds are abysmal. I was getting very high download speeds.

The only changes to my computer that I can think of include trying new firewall software, and deleting my cache manually. I went back to using the same firewall as before and I followed the procedure I used when I first installed Share again to configure. And as for the deleting of the cache manually, I know it is not advised but I have done it many times before and never had a problem.

What do you guys think?

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Just recently I started to get 'Disconnected due to time check error'.

Also my download speeds are abysmal. I was getting very high download speeds.

Sounds like you're suffering from the current attack on the Share network. The network is being flooded with fake packets which is causing timeouts and errors. If you are using Windows 2000/XP/Vista 32-bit, the current solution is to install PeerGuardian2 and load a custom blocklist to block bad nodes. Vista 64-bit and 7 users are out of luck (unless you're willing to try a boot workaround).

Since this is a specific issue, I've created a separate thread for discussion found here:
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95343

Details are still a bit sparse but rest assured you aren't the only one; the thread should be updated with more info and solutions soon.

zeromerock

Jul 18, 2009
hey there, new and fresh to this whole share and p2p program setup, been trying to get it connected for awhile now. the problems you speak of I have continually run into for about, lets just say awhile. anyway does anyone know if the cause of the connection could also be related to the ports as well as the nodes.

And also if someone who actually has it functioning right, can you look up something for me, just so I dont feel like I am wasting my time with searching this program.
ライブオン カードライバー翔 第33話 「ドラゴンの島たい?!」 (D-TVA DivX6.8.5 704x396).avi ---hash---bc47a8f952abe861c43afa93416faba2dea08b35
if you've seen it then I can push forward in this program faster. thanks.

oh yeah if share is being attacked and that is why it continuously disconnects, is the same true with perfect dark or is it just a poor program?

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
It this case, you have to copy the hash, a long chain of characters that uniquely identify the file on the network, like this one (in red):

Title: 河川敷でプチ露出デビュー
dbb2184ea7d5a4b0eb1552933144484578f795de

And in the "trigger" tab, create a new trigger, with the hash value on the corresponding box.
Eventually it will resolve, and you will see your file in the "downloads" tab, with a queue number if it really found something. Then be patient ...

edyst37

Jan 28, 2008
Hi, I having problem with downloading in Share. Nodes looks to running, with Search down, Diffuse up. Log files have Gobal IP resolved.

Able to search under queries.

But under the download window, it is not downloading, as the order is 1 or even a higher number. And this chosen files are yellow in colour.

What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
Hi, I having problem with downloading in Share. Nodes looks to running, with Search down, Diffuse up. Log files have Gobal IP resolved.

Able to search under queries.

But under the download window, it is not downloading, as the order is 1 or even a higher number. And this chosen files are yellow in colour.

What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

That´s just normal, priority says nothing at all. Just be patient.

Even if a file is shown as complete and you have a low priority it could possibly last days until the dl starts, if it´s gonna start at all. Many DLs are often interrupted by transmission errors so that the file DL possibly started many times but brought no result in bytes...

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
Hi, I having problem with downloading in Share. Nodes looks to running, with Search down, Diffuse up. Log files have Gobal IP resolved. Able to search under queries. But under the download window, it is not downloading, as the order is 1 or even a higher number. And this chosen files are yellow in colour. What could be the problem? Thanks in advance.
Looks like everything is fine. That bottom file you are even number 1 in the queue, so it should start coming down soon enough. Fresh hashes obviously download a lot faster than older files.

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008