Server Moving soon (Friday?)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
It will be the same forum, just faster. All the posts and stuff will be here. Gonna go for a different default skin though, and upgrade to vbulletin 3.7

Still waiting on the data center though. I have a very vague ETA of 0-4 days....

D.W.

The Heavy Metal Engineer
Dec 11, 2007
Alright, well thank you for the fast post.

DarthXeven

Sithlord
Oct 25, 2007
"The Force" is strong with you sir, chompy.....

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Currently in the process of moving the attachments over to the new server.

It should complete in seven hours, so in the meantime don't upload any attachments unless you don't mind them being lost.

cattz

(◣_◢)
Jun 11, 2007
Whoa, scary, I can load the forums without it being as if I had dialup now, great job!!!

bigjoeyboy

Mar 4, 2007
Great job chompy! I think the direct link from the home page to the forums disappeared, other than that, it's slick and fast again.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Click the banner

but yea, previous links will be integrated into the skin, just some kinks to work out.

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
Blue, looking good. As of 3:15 Tokyo time the forum is up n running nicely. I think we've made a successful transition! Chalk one up for the good guys.
desioner

BlackSheepXL

Bishop
Apr 2, 2007
Hey, I just noticed the forum was up and running again. What speed! And the look is much better, and you got rid of the button that said NEW THEAD instead of NEW THREAD. Congratulations, it's awesome and cool.
And that's not all, because in 2020 we'll all have satellite internet, the Akiba server will be on the moon and we can download at the speed of light ;-)

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
Nice layout! Not to mention the improved speed and other changes like the way attachments are displayed. Nifty