Server Moving soon (Friday?)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
The server will be down a little tomorrow and/or Monday Monday and/or Tuesday at some point this week while the data is transferred to the new server.

The new server will be able to cope with the traffic and load more than the current one, with plenty of room for growth.

:cool:

That's it. Hopefully everything will go smoothly.

Update: Still waiting for a green light from the new data centre...

lucanaoe

Apr 4, 2007
:dies2:

118454057579.jpg

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
Thank you for the effort chompy.

Looking forward to seeing the speed increased!!!!

And I really hope the attachments stay this time....

p.s. Lucanaoe, I tried to laugh. I really did. But I just couldn't. That joke is eviiiiil like the fruitts of the deviiiiil :evil:

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
The attachments won't be a problem this time. This time we're moving server on purpose, rather than being booted.

As for speed increase, it will be like night and day. And no more database errors and hanging posts...
:sick:

indreamsiwalk

with you...
Apr 8, 2007
The attachments won't be a problem this time. This time we're moving server on purpose, rather than being booted.

As for speed increase, it will be like night and day. And no more database errors and hanging posts...
:sick:

Ooh. :love: Now there's something to look forward to! Thank you, Chompy, for providing this well-designed and thriving forum! :bow-pray:

P.S.: Sorry, Lucanaoe, but I did laugh. Out loud. Crikey! :snicker:

ryuuga

みうみうの恋人
Super Moderator
Apr 2, 2007
Thanks Chompy! This is the best present for every A-O fans in this new year!:hero:

Jan 3, 2008
finally i can now lobby for that so eagerly awaited ball licking section
hence will i call all my monkey friends from the jungle so we may clap on each others buttocks to feast upon this news that brought us joy
beyond the human scope of jubilation
that may or may not have graced the brains of us primates
and such is the ordeals of a man looking for some nasty ball licking action

twanks alot

/monkey mode

lucanaoe

Apr 4, 2007
hence will i call all my monkey friends from the jungle so we may clap on each others buttocks to feast upon this news that brought us joy

twanks alot

/monkey mode
:puzzled: :dunno:
fail.jpg

P.S. Handyman laughed too. He just needed to build up the comment so he could shamelessly plug a scottish cult-following favorite So I Married an Axe Murderer quote. We get it handyman. You're from scottland. We get it. :sigh: You can go back to your corner and sit alone now. :secret:

P.S.S. can anyone see the mp3 mini players in mine & handyman's sig? The odeo site is down, therefore, swf file is gone? Does chompy have that audio_player_tiny_black.swf, incase the site is down for good? I fear not... :dies2:

lucanaoe

Apr 4, 2007

twanks alot

/monkey mode
:puzzled: :dunno:
fail.jpg

P.S. Handyman laughed too. He just needed to build up the comment so he could shamelessly plug a scottish cult-following-favorite So I Married an Axe Murderer quote. :secret: Even Bindi Irwin laughed when I showed her the pic, sorta. She was like "Har Har. That's my dad getting owned by a Pokemon ray, and saying crikey! Har Har. He got stabbed in the heart. *cries*"

P.S.S. can anyone see the mp3 mini players in mine & handyman's sig? The odeo site is down, therefore, swf file is gone? Does chompy have that audio_player_tiny_black.swf, incase the site is down for good? I fear not... :dies2:

lucanaoe

Apr 4, 2007

twanks alot

/monkey mode
:puzzled:
fail.jpg

P.S. Handyman laughed too. He just needed to build up the comment so he could shamelessly plug a scottish cult-following-favorite So I Married an Axe Murderer quote. :secret: Even Bindi Irwin laughed when I showed her the pic, sorta. She was like, "Har Har. That's my dad getting owned by a Pokemon ray, and saying crikey! Har Har Har. He got stabbed in the heart. *cries* "

lucanaoe

Apr 4, 2007

twanks alot

/monkey mode
:puzzled:
fail.jpg

P.S. Handyman laughed too. He just needed to build up the comment so he could shamelessly plug a scottish cult-following-favorite So I Married an Axe Murderer quote. :secret: Even Bindi Irwin laughed when I showed her the pic, sorta. She was like, "Har Har. That's my dad getting owned by a Pokemon ray, and saying crikey! Har Har Har. He got stabbed in the heart. *cries* "

indreamsiwalk

with you...
Apr 8, 2007
Sorry, Lucanaoe, but I don't see your mp3 mini players.
I laughed out loud at the last image, too, but that has to be Photoshopped. Two people marching next to each other, misspelling "dream" in two different ways!? It makes you wonder how ways those letters can be rearranged. I HAVE A MARED. I HAVE A ERDAM. I HAVE BEEN REAMD. But, you know, Lucanaoe: it was a gross failure in etiquette on your part to show that image to Bindi. You should have at least waited till she was twelve. :distressed:

Anyway, thanks to Chompy! It is, as you said it would be, like night and day. Pages load quickly, no database errors, no blank pages. Fantastic!! :bingo:

And while I don't share "Hanging Nutsack's" particular fetish, if we're lobbying for new forums, how about a jukujo ("mature woman") forum? :please:

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Hold your horses guys, the site hasn't moved yet. We're still on the old server.

You'll realise this later when the database crashes for no good reason.

cm5oom

Feb 19, 2007
lol, then i guess it's just faster because people think akiba is down for the upgrade.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
The move should take a couple more days.

Still waiting for a green light from the new data centre...

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
eventually

D.W.

The Heavy Metal Engineer
Dec 11, 2007
Well..I had fun memories here even though I haven't been here long enough. Question: Will the new server be similar to this? I like this style and posting style it's very roomy and neat.