Post your JAV subtitle files here - JAV Subtitle Repository (JSP)★NOT A SUB REQUEST THREAD★

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

maelstrom9999

Apr 26, 2022
You probably didn't copy the path properly. If you upload to the colab, it should be like this:
View attachment 3127558

Click the 3 dots you see when you hover over the file, copy path and then paste in the input.

Doesn't seem very happy with an opus file for some reason(ffmpeg 100% support it) or I did something wrong but I'm not getting an input error.
Edit: Because I improperly demuxed it and it's a garbage file that doesn't work so that explains that.

How are you physically uploading the file? I have done it by moving the file into the frame on the left, and I have also done it by hitting the upload button then navigating its file path. Both with the same result: the file appears at the bottom of the window, not in the file list like it is in yours. And you can't copy the path. It says they are in "session storage."

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I just dragged it there. Could be ad or script block extensions causing upload issues or a browser that doesn't support the upload procedure so trying a different one might help, i used brave which uses the chrome engine.

Could also be you're not waiting for the file to finish uploading, the circle on the right of it when it's at the bottom needs to fully become yellow for the upload to be complete.

Feb 1, 2008
Anyone have succeeded using the option to separate vocals from background sounds in the whisper Colab? Everything I try it I get an error after the separation it’s done and it crashes

Prinsipe

Aug 31, 2013
Below is a sample of transcription from Whisper. I clean it up a little bit with the pronouns like I/you, he/she, etc. I also transcribed the same movie in Capcut and the result is similar in meaning. If someone wants to review if the transcriptions are correct or wrong, then just message me so I can give you the file. ;)

I believe that the Whisper transcriptions are correct because they convey similar meanings after testing the same movie with Capcut. In addition to that, the transcription matches the scenario of the scene.

If the transcription results of whisper did not satisfy you after using it, then maybe it satisfied someone else. Just don’t expect too high that the result is close to human transcriptions.

And to those who are getting repeated lines, it happened to me too. The solution to that is to run the same file again, maybe there are some errors since I am running the whisper with the web version. After running it again, the lines don’t repeat anymore, and you can compare your first result to the second one. Also, I am converting the video file to MP3 with the highest volume possible in the converter. I don’t know if this will work for you, but it worked for me.

The sample below is a 41-minute video that generated 600+ lines. :nikmat:

sss.JPG

Reactions: soloporhoy666

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Even direct english transcriptions aren't perfect with whisper, it can invent stuff it didn't hear but makes sense in the sentence.

A funny one I encountered was before a song the guy said 1,2,1,2,3,4 to start it, but whisper continued counting until 13.

• Haha
Reactions: Taako

Prinsipe

Aug 31, 2013
It makes sense in a sentence, but does it make sense in a scenario? In my experience, the sentence makes sense with the scenario. I am not saying that the whisper is perfect and will transcribe all the words correctly and accurately. The important thing is that the context of the scenario or story is there.

My question is, how often does Whisper invent stuff based on your experience?

Thank you for your input about Whisper inventing stuff, I will post it here if ever I encounter that scenario. :peace:

alverick

Jul 14, 2009
Hi everyone.
Finally, after been reading this thread for quite a long time, I'm in the position to start giving back.

I always wanted to translate JAV but because I have no knowledge at all of Japanese language it was nearly imposible for me to get some results with a minimun of quality ( imo ) further that a google translation, which in many times, the result was nearly a comedy in my experience.

In the last few days that I was catching up with the thread I discovered the Whisper ( thanks to everyone involved in bringing it up to this forum ) and last night I tried my very first translation with a movie I always was courious about.

I have noticed that there are some lines missing and at some points, the trtanslation is not accurate, but still, is a great move foward to get something with quality.

My translation is a work in progress, and I invite everyone who can improve it to do so. My intention is to provide "a base file", so people who actually can provide quality subs can work with them and fill the blanks faster that having to do the whole proccess from the beginning.

So from now on, everyone who knows more about, fell free to take "my" files and make them better so the comunity can enjoy them.

Have a great day guys, thanks to Whisper, a new shiny era is starting.

Attachments

• EUUD-31.jpg
    EUUD-31.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 136
  • EUUD-31 Eriko Miura.zip
    15.7 KB · Views: 171

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I haven't analyzed any of the subs I created with it in much detail, just messing around a bit with it from time to time so couldn't tell you how often it does it. I just tested to see if it supported dts audio from a bluray and the very first line had that issue.

If you read the limitations from the model-card.md file in the github repository, it says this about that behavior:
Code:
However, because the models are trained in a weakly supervised manner using large-scale noisy data, the predictions may include texts that are not actually spoken in the audio input (i.e. hallucination). We hypothesize that this happens because, given their general knowledge of language, the models combine trying to predict the next word in audio with trying to transcribe the audio itself.

So as long as the dialog is generic enough, it shouldn't be too much of an issue I would imagine, it shouldn't mess up too much event if it invents stuff. Also, nobody here is doing professional work, it's just fans doing their best so nobody expects perfection.

Also wether the lines repeat or not always seemed random to me. When I ran the same audio file 4 times in a row to first test it, the first result was the best and the amount of repeated line varied wildly. Today, it was the opposite with 2 tries on that english audio.

Reactions: Taako

mei2

Dec 6, 2018
I translated 1/3 of MIAE-208.

Tiresome, but feeling pretty good about the results.

I'll finish in about a week.
Haha - you picked up a very very difficult movie to translate. I watched it last night. There are way too many cross-talks and parallel dialogues. It's a fun movie --nasty friends Sora-san has :)

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Hi everyone.
Finally, after been reading this thread for quite a long time, I'm in the position to start giving back.

I always wanted to translate JAV but because I have no knowledge at all of Japanese language it was nearly imposible for me to get some results with a minimun of quality ( imo ) further that a google translation, which in many times, the result was nearly a comedy in my experience.

In the last few days that I was catching up with the thread I discovered the Whisper ( thanks to everyone involved in bringing it up to this forum ) and last night I tried my very first translation with a movie I always was courious about.

I have noticed that there are some lines missing and at some points, the trtanslation is not accurate, but still, is a great move foward to get something with quality.

My translation is a work in progress, and I invite everyone who can improve it to do so. My intention is to provide "a base file", so people who actually can provide quality subs can work with them and fill the blanks faster that having to do the whole proccess from the beginning.

So from now on, everyone who knows more about, fell free to take "my" files and make them better so the comunity can enjoy them.

Have a great day guys, thanks to Whisper, a new shiny era is starting.
As with most transcribe/translation software using it as a base is the best options. As we all stated anything that supply time code and even some subs, it a good start.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
How are you physically uploading the file? I have done it by moving the file into the frame on the left, and I have also done it by hitting the upload button then navigating its file path. Both with the same result: the file appears at the bottom of the window, not in the file list like it is in yours. And you can't copy the path. It says they are in "session storage."
You're not wrong. I just tried it and it seems to be a problem here too.
I could run python for it, but I rather stick to my old method:)

ElliotAlderson

Lesbian Connoisseur
Dec 19, 2022
Haha - you picked up a very very difficult movie to translate. I watched it last night. There are way too many cross-talks and parallel dialogues. It's a fun movie --nasty friends Sora-san has :)
Yeah, I'll take easier ones after this one, hahahaha.

fzylogic7

Apr 7, 2013
I've been using Audacity to extract the MP4s into WAV files and running that through whisper.

Here is the CLI command I'm using:
Code:
whisper "MovieName.wav" --language Japanese --task translate --device cuda --model medium --no_speech_threshold=0.5 --logprob_threshold=-0.5

Last edited:

mei2

Dec 6, 2018
BTW does anyone here use Arctime Pro for subtitle work? It has an intutive interface with a bunch of nifty features. One of the Akiba members (@MrKid ) recommended that to me some time ago, and since then I have been a fan of Arctime. The website is in Chinese but the app itself has an English menu: https://arctime.cn/download-arctime.html.

Reactions: alverick

soloporhoy666

Nov 29, 2021
Below is a sample of transcription from Whisper. I clean it up a little bit with the pronouns like I/you, he/she, etc. I also transcribed the same movie in Capcut and the result is similar in meaning. If someone wants to review if the transcriptions are correct or wrong, then just message me so I can give you the file. ;)

I believe that the Whisper transcriptions are correct because they convey similar meanings after testing the same movie with Capcut. In addition to that, the transcription matches the scenario of the scene.

If the transcription results of whisper did not satisfy you after using it, then maybe it satisfied someone else. Just don’t expect too high that the result is close to human transcriptions.

And to those who are getting repeated lines, it happened to me too. The solution to that is to run the same file again, maybe there are some errors since I am running the whisper with the web version. After running it again, the lines don’t repeat anymore, and you can compare your first result to the second one. Also, I am converting the video file to MP3 with the highest volume possible in the converter. I don’t know if this will work for you, but it worked for me.

The sample below is a 41-minute video that generated 600+ lines. :nikmat:

View attachment 3127707
Try the whisper+vad version, this collaboration removes the repeated lines.

MrKid

Aug 10, 2021
Recently, people are interested in whisper as subtitles and encountered some errors when installing.
I will guide you to install Whisper with VAD on colab. (no need to install python, git, pytorch... If you want to install whisper python see Post #4,513 by @SamKook)
-Upload the mp3 file to colab. (many of you fail at this step)
1.PNG
Method 1: Mount Google Drive
2.PNG3.png
Method 2: Add the command !gdown "id&confirm=t"
11.PNG12.png13.PNG14.png
Method 3: Install Google Drive App refer to @mei2
31.PNG
And this is the result:
21.png22.PNG23.PNG

Reactions: mei2

Pein1911

Sep 20, 2019

FUGA-59 My Neighbor's Wife Was Kicked Out Of Her House Because She Was Caught Cheating And She Wouldn't Let Me Sleep For 3 Days And Nights Until I Ran Out Of Sperm. Sara Itou

h_086fuga59pl.jpg

Whisper + hand edited

Attachments

• FUGA-59.en.srt.zip
    7.4 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Since MrKid didn't mention this method, here's exactly how I did the drag and drop method, for those having difficulties, if you want to make sure the issue is something else.

0. DO NOT run the Mount Google Drive step.

1. Click the folder icon to open the Files column on the left of the webpage.

2. Drag your audio file on an empty spot in that column(make sure there's enough free space written at the bottom to store your file).
Colab_upload1.jpg

3. Wait for the file to finish uploading. The orange in the circle is the progress and once it's completed, the filename at the bottom will disappear.
Colab_upload2.jpg

Then you put the audio filename in the input(it's what the page says to do) or copy it like I did in my previous post which is how I did it.

Last edited:
Reactions: mei2