Post your JAV subtitle files here - JAV Subtitle Repository (JSP)★NOT A SUB REQUEST THREAD★

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
I'm curious which vid and sub file you are using. So far I haven't come across a truly bad Chinese sub file yet, but of course I've sampled only small fraction of all Chinese subs.

I underatand Google or most machine translation could epic fail for Chinese jav subs. There are slants in those subs, and both Japanese and Chinese have similar but different tendency to euphemize/sanitize dirty words. Plus there are often minor typos thats easy for human to detect but fucks up autotranslator. And the missing confusing puncuations and line-breaks thats unique to subs but uncommon in normal text. Unless Google or some engine has been tuned for these quirks I think you will find human translator still has a big advantage.

i tried translating one of the chinese subs today. I thought it would be quicker than watching the movie in japanese and translating. But man the chinese sub i tried was absolute garbage - i gave up quarter the way through. I suppose it is better to just do straight translations from japanese to english. However, the time stamps in the chinese subs are good.

Katashi_2019

Julia Addict
Aug 4, 2019
I'm curious which vid and sub file you are using. So far I haven't come across a truly bad Chinese sub file yet, but of course I've sampled only small fraction of all Chinese subs.

I underatand Google or most machine translation could epic fail for Chinese jav subs. There are slants in those subs, and both Japanese and Chinese have similar but different tendency to euphemize/sanitize dirty words. Plus there are often minor typos thats easy for human to detect but fucks up autotranslator. And the missing confusing puncuations and line-breaks thats unique to subs but uncommon in normal text. Unless Google or some engine has been tuned for these quirks I think you will find human translator still has a big advantage.

Perhaps i am just being too critical of the chinese subber's work. Anyway - i have decided against using other peoples work and will instead do native translations myself. Will post one in a couple days!

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
I appreciate the praise! I enjoy doing it but if no one use or appreciate it seems a waste of time. Gods know i spend already way too much time on JAV.

For now I don't have a request for translation, so I hope you would apply your talent on any vid that you fancy, or help others. I know a @johnny fontane is looking for someone to help KR-to-EN translation but I can't help him.

Even better if you can translate from audio Japanese to English or any language sub. Because translating text (sub) to text is way less difficult than creating a sub from scratch.

thank you @ding73ding for you very high quality translations!!! In my appreciation i will do a sub for you - any one you want. As long as you can provide a spanish, japanese, chinese or korean subitle that i can start the translation with. When i am not dreaming of Julia, i spend most of my time learning or tutoring languages.

Reactions: Shiyuan

ericf

Jan 13, 2007
Examples of what I mean when I say a script is bad is:
The translator is making extreme abbreviations of long sentences.
There are lots of dialog that isn't translated.
Google and other translators can't make much sense of anything in the script but a few lines like: So comfortable or Go.

I have come across a few Chinese scripts that seem to translate almost perfectly into English via Google.
What could be the reason for that? Does the translator use the Chinese characters "correctly" according to the software's information?
Do other translators use the characters writin in dialects instead of "correct" Chinese?
Are some of the translations actually Cantonese?

I don't know (though Bing can supposedly translate Cantonese).
I did have a few scripts that seemed to translate very badly. I recently found one that translates pretty well:
我回來了
拓也 這是怎麼了?
肉棒變大了
忍不住就弄出白色的了
不弄出白色的話 就回不去
姐姐這是怎麼了
我也不知道
I am back
Tuo, what's wrong with this?
The meat stick is getting bigger
I can't help but make a white one.
If you don’t make white, you can’t go back.
What happened to my sister?
I do not know either

This would be pretty easy to fix if you have some knowledge of Japanese but I had some real trouble with this:

這個是給妳的
等等我要的不是牛奶\N是健康飲料吧
自已買這些誰說的啊
有這麼多要給誰暍啊
抱歉
我叫小蕾 眼前被欺負\N的是青梅竹馬小津
半年前她開始被前輩欺負
救她的就是遙希
那之後小津就都聽她的
其實聽說遙希她\N是學的地下老大

This is for you
Wait, I don’t want milk\NIt is healthy drink
I bought these people who said
There is so much to give
Sorry
My name is Xiaolei. I was bullied in front of me.\NIt’s the childhood sweetheart Ozu.
Six months ago she started being bullied by seniors
It's Yao Xi who saved her.
After that, Ozu listened to her
Actually I heard about her\NIs the underground master of learning

There are several sentences here that make no sense and there's very little difference if I put it through Bing's Cantonese translation:
Line 3: I bought these for myself.
The other lines are very similar.

Any idea what the difference between the two are?
The translations are from two different subbing groups.
The first was done by a group that uses a thin white font (新東啓翻譯製作 末經許可請勿做商業月迻) and the other uses a yellow font with blue outline. Those translations are a lot older than the others.
The translations using a white font with purple outlines are usually inferior. Some are fairly good, though. Mostly for making a first draft.
Thanks.

mandobando012

May 17, 2016
First passage:

我回來了 (I'm back.)
拓也 這是怎麼了? (Takuya, what's going on?)
肉棒變大了 (Your/my cock's become big.)
忍不住就弄出白色的了 (I can't help it, white stuff has come out.)
不弄出白色的話 就回不去 (If I don't cum/If I don't make you cum, I/you won't go back.)
姐姐這是怎麼了 (Older sister, what's going on?)
我也不知道 (I don't know.)

Second passage:

這個是給妳的 (This is for you.)
等等我要的不是牛奶\N是健康飲料吧 (Wait, milk is not what I wanted.\N It's a healthy drink, isn't it?)
自已買這些誰說的啊(You bought it yourself, who said it was so?)
有這麼多要給誰暍啊 (There's so much, who can drink it all?)
抱歉 (Sorry.)
我叫小蕾 眼前被欺負\N的是青梅竹馬小津 (I'm Tsubomi. The one getting bullied is Otsu.)
半年前她開始被前輩欺負 (Half a year ago she started getting bullied by seniors.)
救她的就是遙希 (Haruki was the one who saved her.)
那之後小津就都聽她的 (From then on, Otsu always listened to her.)
其實聽說遙希她\N是學的地下老大 (Actually, I heard that she's the the gang leader of the school.)

It's all in Mandarin and not Cantonese.

javr

Dec 3, 2009
Yes, the 3rd line just worded so weirdly.
And yes, I suspect the 2nd passage is Cantonese based. (A strong hint is the use of 老二 to refer to dick.)

The blue/purple one are usually inferior, some are decent.
The yellow ones seem to me like indie works, doesn't belong to any groups. Quality wise pretty decent(those that I've ripped).
XDB group is the best! Not too long ago, found out they have been in the translation scene for a long time.
vlcsnap-00_00_00_00001.png

Se-hua-tang(group?) has been popping out a lot of chinese sub lately too....

Last edited:
Reactions: ericf

ericf

Jan 13, 2007
javr:
How do you identify the subbing group?
What has XDB subbed and where can I find samples?
Some of the subs here: https://www.sehuatang.org/forum-103-2.html
are originals (you mentioned them) but some are copies of subs they found on the internet, but converted into Simple Chinese.
Quality varies.
They're all in HD, too.

Mandobando0:
Can you explain the problems Google has with these lines if they're common Mandarin?
Do they contain regional differences depending on where the subber comes from or is the Chinese writing system completely free of "dialects"?
I just want to get a clue as to why some scripts translate as garbage while others hold up pretty well.
Thank you.

javr

Dec 3, 2009
javr:
How do you identify the subbing group?
What has XDB subbed and where can I find samples?
Some of the subs here: https://www.sehuatang.org/forum-103-2.html
are originals (you mentioned them) but some are copies of subs they found on the internet, but converted into Simple Chinese.
Quality varies.
They're all in HD, too.
I thought you knew XinDongBao?
Subbing group usually have their signature in the subtitle.
XDB - vlcsnap-01_00_08_2019-08-08-00h12m22s855.jpg
SHT - vlcsnap-00_00_00_2019-08-08-00h20m58s224.jpg

SHT do copied and convert too?.... hmm... I haven't work on one title to make me notice that myself.

Last edited:

ericf

Jan 13, 2007
Oh... Yeah, I know them. I did after all insert their chinese "logo" in my message. I have never looked at the Chinese name before, only the translated name:
新東實翻譯製作 末經許可請勿做商業用途
New Dongshi translation production, please do not use for commercial purposes.
The copy work at sehuatang is not indicative of a bad script. Some scripts are New Dongshi scripts and some of the subs are just as incomplete as the purple outline stuff. It varies greatly.
My biggest problem is finding scripts that make general sense all through the script so I can use it as a base for translation. Then it's always good to have a Korean translation of the same video. Two sources are better than one.
No more Korean scripts available now though since redfoxk disappeared. There's no place where you can download subs without collecting ridiculous amounts of points.

mandobando012

May 17, 2016
javr:
Mandobando0:

Can you explain the problems Google has with these lines if they're common Mandarin?
Do they contain regional differences depending on where the subber comes from or is the Chinese writing system completely free of "dialects"?
I just want to get a clue as to why some scripts translate as garbage while others hold up pretty well.
Thank you.

They're not dialects but slang words. These words on their own already have meaning but in the context of the video they're slang words.
Examples are, 肉棒 literally means meat stick but in the video it refers to the penis.
Just like 老二 means younger brother but it also refers to the penis.

ericf

Jan 13, 2007
They're not dialects but slang words. These words on their own already have meaning but in the context of the video they're slang words.
Examples are, 肉棒 literally means meat stick but in the video it refers to the penis.
Just like 老二 means younger brother but it also refers to the penis.

Thank you for that explanation. I'll continue my work at a slower pace because I tend to go into over drive when beginning a translation. It leaves me too tired and that causes problems with the time when I don't translate. I have to be "fresh" for work.

javr

Dec 3, 2009
Oh... Yeah, I know them. I did after all insert their chinese "logo" in my message. I have never looked at the Chinese name before, only the translated name:
新東實翻譯製作 末經許可請勿做商業用途
New Dongshi translation production, please do not use for commercial purposes.
The copy work at sehuatang is not indicative of a bad script. Some scripts are New Dongshi scripts and some of the subs are just as incomplete as the purple outline stuff. It varies greatly.
My biggest problem is finding scripts that make general sense all through the script so I can use it as a base for translation. Then it's always good to have a Korean translation of the same video. Two sources are better than one.
No more Korean scripts available now though since redfoxk disappeared. There's no place where you can download subs without collecting ridiculous amounts of points.

Haha, for a moment, I thought you corrected my mistake....and then I double check!
vlcsnap-01_00_08_2019-08-08-00h12m22s855.jpg

It's 寶/宝, not 實/实.

slemx

Mar 15, 2015
...Welcome slemx...

Thank you, Shiyuan, both for the welcome, and for these magnificent subtitles.

adn020pl.jpg

Enjoy!

Attachments

• ADN-020.rar
    2.6 KB · Views: 865

ericf

Jan 13, 2007
Haha, for a moment, I thought you corrected my mistake....and then I double check!
View attachment 1825220

It's 寶/宝, not 實/实.
Yeah, New Dobango is the right translation. I haven't OCRed those lines properly for a while and the one I copied had a couple of mistakes. And then that character was wrong. Duh...!
Thanks.

arm4n

Aug 20, 2009
Alrighty folks, it's that time again. I am pretty glad to see all these new active contributors and how ericf has turned into a subbing senpai, lol. Welcome slemx and javsubbed (although I think you were here before, my brain's fried) Also, welcome to our community, ding73ding, I used to follow your JAV Gossip thread, nice to have you here! Once again I have a bit of a backlog to share, courtesy of desioner!
(Side note, I am personally hosting the movies on these megalinks, so I will occasionally take some down to make space for newer stuff, if you missed the movie, let me know, and if it's within a reasonable window of my releases, I'll try to rehost)
Now this is what I call christmas present:D! Thank you very much Shiyuan!

Reactions: Shiyuan

Katashi_2019

Julia Addict
Aug 4, 2019
Here is my first attempt at a korean sub translation for @johnny fontane .

ssni496pl.jpg

Please note: I have NOT watched this. I have NOT timed this. The purpose of this experiment is to see whether i can translate without wasting time watching the movie. But to be perfectly honest, now that i see how hot the cover is ... i think i will be watching this tonight =P

If you enjoy this sub then leave a like. Any constructive criticism is appreciated - Korean is not my best language.

I am currently looking for Chinese, Korean and English subs to build a collection. I would prefer Japanese subs if such a thing exists... as there would be no degradation in quality due to multiple translations. TRADE ME YOUR SUBS for MY CUSTOM SUB TRANSLATIONS. PM me if you have offers.

*** based on feedback the srt timing has been updated ***

Attachments

• SSNI-496_kor_eng_fixed.rar
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,050
Last edited:

johnny fontane

Mar 11, 2016
Here is my first attempt at a korean sub translation for @johnny fontane .

ssni496pl.jpg

Please note: I have NOT watched this. I have NOT timed this. The purpose of this experiment is to see whether i can translate without wasting time watching the movie. But to be perfectly honest, now that i see how hot the cover is ... i think i will be watching this tonight =P

If you enjoy this sub then leave a like. Any constructive criticism is appreciated - Korean is not my best language.

I am currently looking for Chinese, Korean and English subs to build a collection. I would prefer Japanese subs if such a thing exists... as there would be no degradation in quality due to multiple translations. TRADE ME YOUR SUBS for MY CUSTOM SUB TRANSLATIONS. PM me if you have offers.

Great thanks Katashi_2019, Your work looks great - I hope this is the beginning of a great cooperation

Reactions: Katashi_2019