On the removal of the Jr Idol club

zakurabu

The Idolmaster
Aug 25, 2015
Whichever site backup turns out to be the most comprehensive version, would I have permission to upload it to alt.binaries.akiba-online? The newsgroup must exist for a reason. If that group isn't preferred then there are similar ones like a.b.japan.fashion.j-class. If the torrent ever goes down at least the files will be available in a newsgroup in perpetuity.

You don't need permission. The users made all of the posts, not the admins. All the admins did was take out 3 subforums worth of posts without notice and hold them hostage. Share the backups as widely as possible.

DoctorDoku

Mar 28, 2010
just a thought: there is at least one decentralized P2P program i know of that only requires you to install the client (which on linux is a "flatpack" if i recall the name properly and on windows is basically a portable app that writes nothing to the reigistry). whoever has the webcrawl could just let it sit on their hard drive and other users could browse it easily. if you want it to be invite only it has "user list only" functionality and allows banning of randos. it also has chat and chatroom ability as opposed to a static forum like this one.

no filejoker needed and no dead torrents stuck at 99.1% for 10 years. just my two yen.

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012
Juniors are defined as U-15, which means that 14 definitely fit and 15 are borderline - you should be able to post fifteens in respective sections freely, they were thrown around quite randomly so far, so ought to be still within confines of updated rules.

IrotsuyaSan

Jan 21, 2023
Juniors are defined as U-15, which means that 14 definitely fit and 15 are borderline - you should be able to post fifteens in respective sections freely, they were thrown around quite randomly so far, so ought to be still within confines of updated rules.
Okay. Thanks.

godgundam10

White and Nerdy
Apr 14, 2007
I'm trying to download some of the torrents, but none of them are working anymore. Does that mean the hosts are no longer working?

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012
If you have DHT disabled, then it's possible that all are dead - we depend when sharing this content on open trackers, which are volatile to say very delicately. Look at "trackers" tab, what is being show in "status" column. There might be somewhere a list of live trackers, find it and copy to "trackers" field in torrent properties, remembering to keep an empty line between each address.

overchan

Feb 27, 2013
We live in a world were if you want to buy a swimsuit for your child, you will hardly find a photo of how it will looks because some people might get offended. They removed the JI because it was a little controversial, nobody wants a problem and its understandable in some way. We must just move on. Something will arise. The downfall of the JI industry is because of pressure from many many people, Big comunities wont also work because the more people the big the problem.

godgundam10

White and Nerdy
Apr 14, 2007
Well, I found another site that has some JI vids still up. However, it requires a FileJoker account. I don't want to pay for it, but I will if I need to.

Thunderstruck

Mar 4, 2008
Well, I found another site that has some JI vids still up. However, it requires a FileJoker account. I don't want to pay for it, but I will if I need to.
What site? My FJ is still active and will be for another 7 months. I want to get my moneys worth out of it.

Thunderstruck

Mar 4, 2008
Tell me what the site is and I'll start downloading whatever I can (and don't have) before it disappears. I got quite a bit from links posted here, it's the reason I had to sign up for FJ.