Best way to browse Idol/Jr titles ? Javlibrary equivalent for Gravure?

lpcs1

Suffers from semenly incurable Narutophilia
Dec 7, 2012
Hello fellow Akiba citizens, i've noticed that the reason why my JAV stash is increasing in size and quality way faster than my IV collections is mainly the lack of available databases and listing websites about idols.

So far the only half good site i found is u15dvdinfo.com but it only covers u15 idols, and not even all titles are listed.

Is there an equivalent to the Javlibrary, where we can browse IV and Jr easily and categorize them by idol, studio, age etc ? That would make the life of so many of us so much easier :)

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
it can be done here, but most do not have the time to do a very good job

Reactions: lpcs1

davewatson

Sep 23, 2017
it can be done here, but most do not have the time to do a very good job
Hey CoolKevin, I'm new to this site and trying to figure it all out. I'm looking for Jr. Idol vids. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I'm also a big fan of Rei Kuromiya. Hope to hear back from you!

Last edited:

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Hey CoolKevin, I'm new to this site and trying to figure it all out. I'm looking for Jr. Idol vids. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I'm also a big fan of Rei Kuromiya. Hope to hear back from you!

wrong place to post this, but there is a JI section, and for Rei, just put her name in the search box

Reactions: Casshern2

davewatson

Sep 23, 2017
Sorry about being wrong place to post. Like I said, I'm new and trying to figure things out. Thanks for your help!

Reactions: Casshern2

lpcs1

Dec 7, 2012
You guys know alternatives to U15dvdinfo to browse non-u15 stuff? (not that I'm not into Junior stuff, on the contrary :p)

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008

ikki123

Mar 17, 2020
Sorry for another necro.

Is there an equivalent to the Javlibrary, where we can browse IV and Jr easily and categorize them by idol, studio, age etc ? That would make the life of so many of us so much easier

Not that I have found. There is always eic-book.com which I feel is the closest to a database, even though their goal is to sell the movies. Most other selling websites are incomplete or empty but eic-book.com has maintained the most complete list of movies I know, even old JI ones that are hard to come by. But they are not perfect and contrary to u15dvdinfo, they do not list the DOB / age of the actresses, which is often very important for U18 especially. It might be easy to tell a girl's age when she's U15, but when the girl is older it becomes difficult to tell from the cover if you're looking at a 21 year old or a 16 year old.

I am personally working on a database. The project is very modest so far (only an Excel spreadsheet) and the progress is very sporadic. I have so far listed around 80 idols and around 550 movies. It is mostly aimed at what @lpcs1 was talking about which are non U-15 movies. The original idea behind the database was to collect and regroup accurate information about idols age for when the age isn't on the cover, the age has changed over the years and/or there are doubts over the age.

Each actress entry contains her romanized name, her japanese name, any alias she might have (name changes, etc.) and her DOB that has been CAREFULLY searched for. I spend A LOT of time looking for actresses' birth dates, often ignoring completely what is said on covers and going as far as looking through archived pages of old deleted blogs to find clues. If the DOB is written on my database, it is the best and most trustworthy anyone can find on the internet. The only way to verify better would be to ask the idol directly while aiming a gun at her (yes because they sometimes lie in blog posts and tweets as well).

Each movie entry contains the movie code, the release date, and the age of the idol when the movie was filmed. If the release is close to the idol 15th or 18th birthday, I use a formula to determine how likely it is for her to be a genuine U15 or U18 during production. It looks like this.

The green/red is for me to know whether I own the movie or not.

The reason I'm sharing all this is because when the database is bit richer (couples thousand movies) I'd like to eventually share it somewhere, and I know no better place than here (though this part of the forum is a bit dead). Making it a available online through a website would also be possible. I'd like to add the pictures / covers as well.

Since I'm working alone on this alone, it takes a lot of time. If people want to contribute I could share the worksheet on a cloud-based service and let other people add entries.

Reactions: lpcs1 and Casshern2

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Since I'm working alone on this alone, it takes a lot of time. If people want to contribute I could share the worksheet on a cloud-based service and let other people add entries.

you can set it up on this board, the format is there bb codes

lpcs1

Dec 7, 2012
Sorry for another necro.

I am personally working on a database. The project is very modest so far (only an Excel spreadsheet) and the progress is very sporadic. I have so far listed around 80 idols and around 550 movies. It is mostly aimed at what @lpcs1 was talking about which are non U-15 movies. The original idea behind the database was to collect and regroup accurate information about idols age for when the age isn't on the cover, the age has changed over the years and/or there are doubts over the age.

Each actress entry contains her romanized name, her japanese name, any alias she might have (name changes, etc.) and her DOB that has been CAREFULLY searched for. I spend A LOT of time looking for actresses' birth dates, often ignoring completely what is said on covers and going as far as looking through archived pages of old deleted blogs to find clues. If the DOB is written on my database, it is the best and most trustworthy anyone can find on the internet. The only way to verify better would be to ask the idol directly while aiming a gun at her (yes because they sometimes lie in blog posts and tweets as well).

Each movie entry contains the movie code, the release date, and the age of the idol when the movie was filmed. If the release is close to the idol 15th or 18th birthday, I use a formula to determine how likely it is for her to be a genuine U15 or U18 during production. It looks like this.

The green/red is for me to know whether I own the movie or not.

The reason I'm sharing all this is because when the database is bit richer (couples thousand movies) I'd like to eventually share it somewhere, and I know no better place than here (though this part of the forum is a bit dead). Making it a available online through a website would also be possible. I'd like to add the pictures / covers as well.

That database is EXACTLY what we're looking for over at the Asian Non Nude Discord Server , me and my team of trusted and dedicated contributors would GLADLY help you build up that database faster as the main issue we encounter on the discord is listing the correct age of the idols we share.

Hell we could help you crowdfund a website that hosts the database which could also be updated from the outside, we could also just as well keep it more private and only make it available to the Asian NN discord community as well as in BB form here on akiba as CoolKevin said.

This was exciting just to read about your project, man!

Reactions: ikki123

ikki123

Mar 17, 2020
I'm not sure how using BB code would make the spreadsheet interactive for other people but if you're willing to walk me through the steps for it, I'm listening!

I will PM you about the Discord server and how we could set this up. This is good news :)

lpcs1

Dec 7, 2012